Diablo® III

Explosion Build

Take a look at this build and tell me what you guys think? I am not too sure how well it would work but it looks like it would be a lot of fun. Seems like there would be plenty of damage, I am just not sure how well it would do making sure there are dogs to blow up at all times.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hVYTSj!aYZ!ZZZZaZ
Edited by HULK#1628 on 5/18/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is similar to my build... I use locust swarm for DoT/AoE as well as Acid Splash for AoE on large groups... its awesome and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Use the dogs that drop health globes-then get the passive that gives a chance of dogs reviving. Also get the passive that allows for health globes to boost your Int. I'm at beginning of Hell and with 5 globes I have 9600 dmg. (I have Roll the Bones instead of frogs.)
Edited by austin316#1222 on 5/18/2012 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Cool idea, but what's really the point of Zombie Handler if you're going to blow up your dogs anyways? All it really gives you is one extra zombie dog; it would be much more beneficial to swap it with another passive.
Edited by Bennyboy1337#1697 on 5/18/2012 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome! glad to hear this is actually viable in hell mode! I just thought it would be fun to blow things up. Good point Benny, what would you suggest?

How bout this?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hVYTSj!aYZ!ZZZZaZ

Just tried this out in act 2 NM mode and HOLY (#@ it is hilarious fun!

Austin do you have a link to your build?
Edited by HULK#1628 on 5/18/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice build, I use pretty much the same skills.
However I do not use summon zombie dogs, the circle of life is enough, all the time I run around with 2-3 dogs.
Reply Quote
Roll of Bones is essential at least for me... line em up and knock em down. I normally run up, Locust Swarm/Pestilence. Get bank and let the tank work on them while I knock out the guys in the back.
Reply Quote
However I do not use summon zombie dogs, the circle of life is enough, all the time I run around with 2-3 dogs.

What are you using instead of summon zombie dogs? what does your build look like
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
05/18/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Bennyboy
Cool idea, but what's really the point of Zombie Handler if you're going to blow up your dogs anyways? All it really gives you is one extra zombie dog; it would be much more beneficial to swap it with another passive.
The problem is that that extra dog is going to have a chance to resummon itself, giving you a better chance of at least having one more dog to explode than having 0. Any sac-based build is incredibly weak compared to other builds because of the massive cooldowns AND RNG factor that it really needs any help it can get.
Reply Quote
That is pretty much what I was thinking with the zombie handler passive. This build is not meant to be the best build, but a REALLY FUN build.
Reply Quote

What are you using instead of summon zombie dogs? what does your build look like

This is my build, I'm still working on it:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WSVdiP!aeZ!aZZZZa
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
just curious why you have sacrifice without zombie dogs?
Reply Quote
He gets zombie dogs through circle of life. I think I would just be a bit worried not having gargantuan in that build.
Edited by HULK#1628 on 5/18/2012 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I used to have Gargantuan, can't say anything bad about it. Just wanted to check out how does the fetish army works with fetish sycophants. Now i'm considering Horrify instead of FA or Grasp maybe, hard to say, so many ways to play WD :)
Reply Quote
And this is from where I have my build:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXsfH-b4BOQ
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]