Diablo® III

So Metzen says we might save leah (spoilers)

I'm pretty sure the next expansion is going to be centered around saving leah.

Despite being nice, innocent, and wanting to help people and all that, doesn't it seem kinda weird that you're going to end up saving someone who's a blood relative to the ultimate evil?

*Puts on tinfoil hat* OR... The twist in the next expansion is that she ends up being the enemy? I wouldnt mind fighting some spawn of diablo for the safety of the mortal realm.

Personally I didn't like leah. It seemed like they just forced her into the lore to fill a hole in the story. I found my self just shaking my head at lot of the lines and actions she did.

I kinda wish she was killed off and Cain survived. I'm going to miss just staying a while and listening.

/end rant

Thoughts? Comments?
Edited by Trogurt#1228 on 5/18/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
this story sucked because of metzen. i am sure he will somehow manage to turn this smelly pile of crap into and even worse smelling pile of crap.
Reply Quote
The second cain died, this story sucked.
Reply Quote
I kinda wish she was killed off and Cain survived. I'm going to miss just staying a while and listening.

Thoughts? Comments?

You want to rescue an old doter who is past his golden days and sacrifice a young woman who has got all her life in front of her?
Edited by Bfler#2867 on 5/18/2012 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 11:04 PMPosted by Bfler
You want to rescue an old doter who is past his golden days and sacrifice a young woman who has got all her life in front of her?

I know right? I thought leah was hot... should have saved her.
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Warrior
Source?

I wish Blizzard would just boot Metzen. He's frankly a horrible storyteller, and it's evident through his work on WoW, SC2, and D3 as lead of Creative Developoment.

He'd make a great public relations rep though, because he has fanboys drooling over his testosterone induced speeches at Blizzcon and public events.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Danilova
Source?

Metzen said in the behind the scenes dvd that came with the collectors edition that maybe we might go save leah later on, then he winked.

Leah is just another affirmative action bimbo put somewhere she didn't belong becuase a right wing nut job thought it might be good to diversify.

For me, she does nothing but dumb down the story. Maybe its her looks? or maybe its the voice work. All I know is she doesn't do it for me.
Edited by Trogurt#1228 on 5/19/2012 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No point saving her. Every known descendant of Leoric has been corrupted by Diablo, and this includes Leah (technically). If she has a child, she's just dooming the world to face another hammy villain.
Edited by Acaelus#1262 on 5/19/2012 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
05/19/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Trogurt
Leah is just another affirmative action bimbo put somewhere she didn't belong becuase a right wing nut job thought it might be good to diversify.

Your grasp of politics is as tenuous as your logic.
Reply Quote
I guess they are assuming people liked Leah and want to save her.

Which couldn't be further from the truth, she was extremely dull and the twist was predictable.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Kupo
Your grasp of politics is as tenuous as your logic.

This isn't about politics. I was just stating the reason I believe she was put in D3.

The lore behind it just feels wrong.

I Find it hard to swallow that this girl has been here the whole time. Following Deckard to all the places he went.

Was she there in diablo 2? Following Cain from the rogue encampment, to Lut Gholein and Kurast, even hell?

This girl just thinks all of Cains stories are make believe. Yet she was supposed to have followed him though diablo 2.
Reply Quote
View profile
I thought D2 happened about 20 years ago, and that she was born after that, then started following Cain around who was searching for details concerning the falling star, making her 18-19 years old.
Reply Quote
Metzen needs to just do something else for awhile. Ever Blizzard game has had a terrible story in the past few years. D3, SC2, Cata, and WotLK were all awful, story-wise. I'm still pissed at Blizzard for making Arthas into a scooby doo villain that announcing his every move, boasts without ever backing it up, and then when he gets schooled EVERY time you see him in Northrend, he just leaves and notes that "i'll get you next time!"
Edited by Hexxus#1912 on 5/19/2012 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think we all agree that Metzen should go do something different. After WoW ruined the Warcraft universe i took it hard. After he destroyed Starcraft story i barely recovered. Now Diablo is my favourite game universe, and i think after playing D3 i will never be the same again :(( Though seeing Metzen fired and publicly being whipped by volunteers would make me feel better .... maybes its just me
Reply Quote
1) Metzen will never be 'fired' because he is one of the original creative forces behind Warcraft and Starcraft and Diablo. Check the credits.

2) Metzen's creativity has been tapped out and that is why the story line has began to suffer. If nothing else we should get some new writing talent into the villains.
Reply Quote
I liked Leah.I think it would have been better if they didn't kill off most of their main characters.Also it would've made it better if Deckard would say his famous quote for the last time. Stay a while and listen!
Edited by NeroN#2543 on 5/20/2012 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I had no strong feelings for Leah, except maybe empathy for losing "uncle Deckard"
People really seem to react strongly to story choices though :P
I've definitely disagreed with plot developments in every blizzard franchise, but I wouldn't say they were *awful* (WC3 is probably the only one that had an excellent and compelling narrative the whole time, that I remember, rose tinted nostalgic glasses ftw... hmm maybe SC1/BW too)

The retcon addiction is the *only* thing that irritates me, but it's bound to happen with changes in the creative team over so many years, considering it happens to *individual* writers over time too.
It's not good, and should be avoided if possible, but it happens.
Reply Quote
PLEASE KEEP LEAH DEAD. That is all.

There is no sense in bringing dead characters back to life, FFS. Blizzard writing department, make sure you know the reason for a character to die, not because it looks like it's good. There must be a reason for it.

Also, protip: if you want to kill off a character, make sure the audience can identify with him/her. Cain's death had the potential to be dramatic and moving, but his death IN A CUTSCENE (seriously Blizzard?! Deckard Cain dying so unceremoniously when he's basically as inseparable from Diablo lore as Diablo himself?! WAT) ruined this. Leah's death was met with apathy. She's uninteresting, uninspired, dull, and flat. No one cared for her, so when she died, no one cared as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]