Diablo® III

Top Monk build (level 55)

85 Draenei Shaman
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXijQ!YXZ!YYbZcb

Welcome to my build guide for monks.

This build is based on Dual Wielding monks (Faster weapons are better)

Stats
Dexterity: Increases your Damage, and the passive increases your armor.
Vitality: Increases Max Health(MUST HAVE).

Gems:
Amethyst: Gem ALL Slots with Amethyst's.

Gear:
Make sure all your gear has high Dexterity and slots to gem Vitality. Having Lifesteal(Amethyst's) on everything increase your survivability dramatically.

Rotation:
Once you are in a fight, all you really need to do is hit Blade Storm then spam your Mantra of Healing: BoP. Doing this will constantly heal you and give you a shield that absorbs 15% of , While you deal massive AOE with Blade Storm and your Fists of Thunder: Quickening. When you have some spare Spirit left over, you can activate Breath of Heaven: Blazing Wrath to further increase your Blade Storm and Fists of Thunder: Quickening's .

Earth Ally:
Earth ally increases your vitality and can act as an Off-Tank while you deal with groups of enemies, Definitely worth getting.

Using this build i rarely die, the only monsters that give me trouble are Champ/Elites with Arcane/Frost attributes.

Really hope this build helps alot of , Was great for leveling and i will continue using this through Inferno mode <3
Edited by Creeplord#6796 on 5/20/2012 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Should I put a ruby or amethyst in my main hand? The +dmg is pretty significant.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It's better to gem your weapons with lifesteal (Amethysts) So that Blade Storm and FoT: Quickening heal you during the fight, but if you find the fights a bit too easy, gem them with damage and give me some feedback, as I'm yet to try it.
Reply Quote
I'm using exactly the same thing, but Serenity instead of BoH and let me tell you that inferno is tearing me a new butthole. 38k life and 6.7k dps (Yes I know I need to work on the dps but I'm focusing on stacking vit). I have no problem against normal spawns but any combination of elites seems to get the best of me. I'm starting to think that abusing the broken mechanics of quickening might not be the best idea in inferno.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
05/20/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Dan
I'm starting to think that abusing the broken mechanics of quickening might not be the best idea in inferno.

According to Blizzard, FoT: Quickening is "Working as Intended". (Typical Blizz, if they cant fix it, make excuses)

But yeah, Ill most likely be running inferno with this build, if it's a bit harder i might switch a few things up and rewrite the guide, thanks for the heads up tho :)
Reply Quote
can you show the items you are carrying or are recommending as well?

and you don't use guardian's path? Why not?
Edited by Ada#6399 on 5/20/2012 12:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Trimera
I'm starting to think that abusing the broken mechanics of quickening might not be the best idea in inferno.

According to Blizzard, FoT: Quickening is "Working as Intended". (Typical Blizz, if they cant fix it, make excuses)

But yeah, Ill most likely be running inferno with this build, if it's a bit harder i might switch a few things up and rewrite the guide, thanks for the heads up tho :)

I was thinking of removing LTK:ST and replace it with exploding palm and resolve with the 15% dodge passive. We'll see how it goes.

One thing I will not be doing on the other hand is ditching dual-wielding. It's just too awesome : - )
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
If they had an armory for D3 i'd link it, Seems blizz is slow with everything thesedays :/

Anyway i'm just dual wielding daggers with 1.50 AS, 100+ Dex/Vit with Square Amethyst's on them for lifesteal.

Most of my armor is just Vit/Dex with Vit gems

Having 2 fast weapons makes my spirit regen go crazy, i'm constantly able to spam MoH:BoP to shield myself and my party.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

But yeah, Ill most likely be running inferno with this build, if it's a bit harder i might switch a few things up and rewrite the , thanks for the heads up tho :)

I was thinking of removing LTK:ST and replace it with exploding palm and resolve with the 15% dodge passive. We'll see how it goes.

One thing I will not be doing on the is ditching dual-wielding. It's just too awesome : - )

Honestly i barely use LTK:ST, I just don't really use my left click at all(Probs a stupid idea haha) (Btw Exploding palm takes over Blade Storm, not LTK, better off getting Pillar of Light)

But yeah i've been thinking about skipping Resolve and chucking Guardians Path in instead.
Edited by Creeplord#6796 on 5/20/2012 12:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

One thing I will not be doing on the is ditching dual-wielding. It's just too awesome : - )

Honestly i barely use LTK:ST, I just don't really use my left click at all(Probs a stupid idea haha) (Btw Exploding palm takes over Blade Storm, not LTK, better off getting Pillar of Light)

But yeah i've been thinking about skipping Resolve and chucking Guardians Path in instead.

Options > Gameplay > Elective Mode

Trust me, you'll love it ;)

You can place any skill you want in any slot lol, 2 focus, 2 defensive abilities and so on.

/e: I'm not sure why blizzard isn't advertising this feature at all.. It's pretty awesome.
Edited by Dan#1307 on 5/20/2012 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Options > Gameplay > Elective Mode

Trust me, you'll love it ;)

You can place any skill you want in any slot lol, 2 focus, 2 defensive abilities and so on.

/e: I'm not sure why blizzard isn't advertising this feature at all.. It's pretty awesome.

oh wow, never knew that..
Trust blizz to ignore one of the most important options /facepalm.

Oh well that has just made my day, time to go faceroll.
Reply Quote
what passive abilities do u use dude. this build looks sick
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
05/20/2012 12:30 AMPosted by Kayoken
what passive abilities do u use dude. this build looks sick

click the link and check the bottom, it has the passives
Reply Quote
scrap the mystic ally for something else. i tend to not need it as often as i think i do. (My templar companion is beast)
Reply Quote
quickening = working as intended.

Personally i'd rather have "one with everything" and resist gear but that's a pretty cookie cutter spec.

/sips coffee
Reply Quote
Great, gonna try this one out.
Monk with shield just look stupid ;]
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Should be noting that if you want to take advantage of Quickening, Exploding Palm: Essence Burn is absolutely astounding in large pulls. The fire spreads, acting like another Sweeping Wind. It's purely preference though, the ability to stun mobs is also exceedingly paramount in most situations.
Reply Quote
Wait, whats broken about quickening? I've never used it.
Reply Quote
The vitality Boost from Earth Ally is imo crap , i use Sweeping wind to keep the spirit going , and Air Ally which will give u spirit also .

Dont need Hp to tank just need spirit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]