Diablo® III

Top Monk build (level 55)

100 Orc Death Knight
According to Blizzard, FoT: Quickening is "Working as Intended". (Typical Blizz, if they cant fix it, make excuses)

But yeah, Ill most likely be running inferno with this build, if it's a bit harder i might switch a few things up and rewrite the guide, thanks for the heads up tho :)

Why is it only the kids with the WoW avatars are crying over this?

What's WoW? Sound's like a cheap remake of D3.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I have a Wow Avatar and Im not complaining.... Any way... What about using the Resistance Passive instead of the reduced damage on attack, from what I have seen others builds are liking it a lot better and from friends that I have talked to in Hell/Inferno that Resistance is way more useful then some reduced damage.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
05/20/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Arcanogear
I have a Wow Avatar and Im not complaining.... Any way... What about using the Resistance Passive instead of the reduced damage on attack, from what I have seen others builds are liking it a lot better and from friends that I have talked to in Hell/Inferno that Resistance is way more useful then some reduced damage.

There is alot of elemental damage going out in hell/inferno with the multi-ability elites and such. Frost damage, Cutters, etc.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Arcanogear

Why not use both?
Reply Quote
I've the exact same build but I keep dieing to the elites in act 2 of hell. Wonder if my equipment is wrong.
Reply Quote
Same build here, can't bring myself to drop serenity tho so no LTK for me, also the I dont use resolve I use one with all or w/e its called for resistance, works well so far in hell can pretty much solo everything, idk about inferno yet.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage

Why not use both?

Only reason I wouldn't use both is because, the Resistance passive is nice, also the Armor passive is in no way worth giving up, and the healing passive is amazing, X Health for every point of spirit is awesome especially combined with a MoH Spirit Dump.
Edited by Faitios#1303 on 5/20/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Arcanogear

Why not use both?

Only reason I wouldn't use both is because, the Resistance passive is nice, also the Armor passive is in no way worth giving up, and the healing passive is amazing, X Health for every point of spirit is awesome especially combined with a MoH Spirit Dumb.

I used to use the healing passive, but I found it to be not so useful as my health pool increased. So I switched over to using the -25% damage, which is why I now use both. It heals for what, 62 per point of healing, so thats 3k every MoH activation, which isn't bad, but when you have 30-40-50k hp, gets kinda negligible.

I guess it would be time to maths. You'd need to calculate spirit expenditure vs damage taken and such.

If you are on average, spending say 50 spirit every 3 seconds, that would be 3k healing or 1k hps. If you are taking 5000 dps from monsters, the 25% less damage passive would give you a 1250 dps reduction for instance.

I'd think the further you go, the more the -25% damage > the healing. The heal value doesn't scale past 62 per point, and your spirit generation isn't going to scale at all at some point. However, monster damage does scale, meaning that the harder monsters hit, the more value the - damage has and the less value the heals have.
Reply Quote
Started using this build last night for a Belial on Hell and it worked fantastic. I absolutley love this build but I switch out Resolve for One with Everything in order to fight elite/rare mobs that have so much elemental damage.

Otherwise this build is great as well as fun. I've been rolling through Hell Act 3 solo like butter.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I accident typed Spirit Dumb... oops meant Dump lol. But I guess I could see the 25% less damage having a higher impact in Inferno.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
cool build, might have to try it out when my current build is no longer viable. Right now I am breezing through NM as pure evasion with great life steal daggers...take zero damage literally.
Reply Quote
LoL this is a great build in all but it does not work past act 3 in hell and is not fun to play honestly doesnt take any strategy
Reply Quote
Serenity and OWE are definitely requirements for Inferno past Act 1. Solid build otherwise.
Reply Quote
How do you deal with the inability to quickly converge on targets? I use FoT with Thunderclap rune specifically for that purpose.

In hardcore it's kind of important. Also one with everything gives more effective defense than the dex > armor one and so does the +15% evasion with dual wielding. All you have to do is get a couple pieces with 1 resist. You need about 80 resist in all for it to become better though.
Reply Quote
Good luck using this in inferno...lol.
Reply Quote
no defensive skil
means you don't even survive the 4 seconds serenity gives you.

but at the end it doesn't matter if you live 4 seconds or none-,-
Reply Quote
@Trimera

Not to reign on your parade but I can promise you that FoT Quicking MoH spam does not work in Inferno. Spike damage is way to high for a Heal over time spell to be effective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]