Diablo® III

way of the hundred fist

hi guys, i been reading up the foruim in regards to this skill explanation, but i am very puzzled and doubt the skill explanation. the skill describe it was 140% weapon damage to all the hit.
but i notice the animation of this skill first few damage is like pathetic, it is only the last hit that got major delay got decent damage. any advice on this? and is crippling wave and fot much better damage?
Reply Quote
the second hit is a burst of many small strikes that add up to 140% taken together.
Reply Quote
In later game, use deadly reach so you don't have to be near monsters. I did not like 100 fists thing either.
Reply Quote
yup true....most of the champions start having auras which will sap ur health like a slurpee with a hole at the bottom if u stay on top of those monster auras....and you'll start running from the beginning of the dungeon to where u died....very, very frustrating....
Reply Quote
so the 1st part that got many hit is how many % damage? and bascially is wothf is it the highest damage skill among all?
Reply Quote
I like using WoTHF with Fists of Fury for bosses. It seems to do the most damage for me when the stacking buffs are full on and that helps my life-steal. Also, bosses aren't knocked back which interrupts your dps.
Reply Quote
hi guys, i been reading up the foruim in regards to this skill explanation, but i am very puzzled and doubt the skill explanation. the skill describe it was 140% weapon damage to all the hit.
but i notice the animation of this skill first few damage is like pathetic, it is only the last hit that got major delay got decent damage. any advice on this? and is crippling wave and fot much better damage?

This is a great ability if you are stacking + health on hit because it heals per strike, and every time any of those little hits crit it can proc skills. Thats why its so good, not because of damage but because it can proc allot of things.
Reply Quote

This is a great ability if you are stacking + health on hit because it heals per strike, and every time any of those little hits crit it can proc skills. Thats why its so good, not because of damage but because it can proc allot of things.

This.

Since it can hit multiple mobs in front of you for 7 hits it can give you anywhere from 7-28 or more times your + life on hit attribute. Which if it's high enough can become more effective at life generation than some of the healing skills. Though I would couple it with either FoT or CW since it's third strike has no additional effects beyond AoE damage.
Reply Quote
As above WoHF is AWESOME for life regen when used with high attack speed (2+) and decent Life Leech (4+%). I'm on Act II of Hell and don't need to use MoH.

My build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UcgTkZ!YXU!bYaabb
Reply Quote
I don't like life Leech as much as + life on hit for the Monk, he just doesn't do enough damage for it to work out as well...

Example

DPS 800 with life leech of 4% equals approximately 44 life per second regen.
+10 life on hit equals 9 hits per 3 strikes, which at an AS of 2 is about 60 life per second regen.

Keep in mind +10 life on hit is a fairly low buff, by the end Normal you should be able to stack up to between +50-100 life on hit if you find/save the right equipment or pile amethysts onto your weapons while dual wielding. Having both would be fantastic but if I had to choose I would definitely take the + life on hit instead.
Reply Quote
^good point^

Guess who's going AH shopping tonight..........
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]