Diablo® III

2H crossbows vs. 2H bows

90 Worgen Druid
Wondering if anyone has noticed any pros/cons that were significant between the two, Clearly archery effects them differently and their damage spread is different it is huge on bows and very consistent for xbows. Wondering if people have found one superior, I'm currently using a 2h bow and have had no issues just saw the point of consistent damage brought up on another post.
Reply Quote
2H xbow is !@#$ing slow. but makes a great boom. 2x 1hand is the way to go for speccs like discipline reg/ hatred reg procc stuff etc.

bow is a good compromise of speed and dmg.
Reply Quote
Depends on what type of damage you're planning on doing, with a 2h bow (At level 57) I find it is built for consistant lower damage, and fast shots obviously. and with the 2h crossbow, it's more for crit type attacks, 2 passives completely help with that as well (30% + crit with 2h xbow, and 3% per second raise on chance of crit) while the 2h bow gets a 15%+ damage with the same passive that the 2h xbow gets 30% crit dmg.

So it really depends on your play style.

I have yet to try out 1h xbow.
Reply Quote
what is the advantage of using 2 1h crossbows vs 2 bow? I'm at a point right now where the 2h bow plus quiver significantly increases my dps, but I really like using the 1h crossbows! does the dps reflect the correct damage of 2 1h crossbows???
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
From what I have heard you have two quoted damages with two 1 handers, look shoot once then look again and you should see the other then add and divide by two to average, I have yet to confirm this
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Druidness
From what I have heard you have two quoted damages with two 1 handers, look shoot once then look again and you should see the other then add and divide by two to average, I have yet to confirm this

you mean where the dps is listed?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
In your inventory where damage is posted, that is your DPS.
Edited by PeteJones#1817 on 5/20/2012 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am interested in Theorycrafting how Archery bonuses work.

See my build if you don't know the ability: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRYVQX!Ybe!YabaaZ

Right now, I'm using a Xbow at level 48. There's a significant character sheet damage loss over a Bow with equivalent stats, but the crit damage can be vicious. I'm getting 11-12k crits.
Reply Quote
Can't speak for theorycrafting raw #'s but personally I find xbows to be far easier to use at peak efficiency; you can kite / stutter-step shots off much easier with a slower weapon. Whenever I try to do the same with a bow I wind up either firing or running at like 50% efficiency when I have to kite.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]