Diablo® III

Games never fill... 2 players 99% of time.

WTF I bought the game to play online with others... Every time I join a game there are no more than I and the other person in it. Why aren't games filling up this is annoying. I didn't buy an ONLINE game to play alone!
Reply Quote
Now I get a "REALM DOWN" style disconnect after trying to find a game with more than 1 person in it. Game screen will just sit there and load and when I force quit the game I cannot log back in with error code 3006 timed out... FAIL GAME.
Reply Quote
Now I cannot play the game for possibly a few days due to this horrible system. Do not have another computer to log into diablo with to FIX this issue as addressed http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4210102866 blizz can't even fix it them selves.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I dont get your other issues but I do agree the matchmaking thing is wierd it rarely fills beyond 2 players unless you premake groups... this seems broken to me
Reply Quote
Yea I was already kind of turned off by the game with only having 4 in a group compared to the 10 years or so of playing diablo 2 with 8. But only two people... in which that person is sitting in town or going the other way 40-50% of the time. If the game is going to be solo play and not fixed once everyone is 60 then it will be a disappointment for sure.
Edited by TurboII#1349 on 5/20/2012 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The way the match making system works is it looks at how many Open games there are on one particular quest that the person is looking to join into. Let's say there's 480 open games mid-way through Act 2, with only 500 additional players looking to join THAT particular quest. That's 460 games that are going to have only 2 players in it, with 20 games having 3.

You'll notice near the end of an act you'll often get 4 players (had this for both Belial and Diablo on nightmare which made it a challenge) - for whatever reason, maybe people are selectively choosing that particular part of the quest in hopes to farm the boss - which is pointless because outside of normal its random drops of either magic/rare.

The match making system is fine, its the player-base who are opening up too many fricken games instead of joining existing games.

The rest of your post, OP, are you just being a whiny child and this post belongs in the general forum with the rest of the related posts.
Reply Quote
The way the match making system works is it looks at how many Open games there are on one particular quest that the person is looking to join into. Let's say there's 480 open games mid-way through Act 2, with only 500 additional players looking to join THAT particular quest. That's 460 games that are going to have only 2 players in it, with 20 games having 3.

You'll notice near the end of an act you'll often get 4 players (had this for both Belial and Diablo on nightmare which made it a challenge) - for whatever reason, maybe people are selectively choosing that particular part of the quest in hopes to farm the boss - which is pointless because outside of normal its random drops of either magic/rare.

The match making system is fine, its the player-base who are opening up too many fricken games instead of joining existing games.

The rest of your post, OP, are you just being a whiny child and this post belongs in the general forum with the rest of the related posts.

theyre not farming boss lewt,
theyre farming quest exp.
typically boss quests put you at the portal right before the boss, so its easy to
-leave game
-join boss quest
-slay boss
-goto step 1
and get tons of QUEST exp very quickly to grind the levels.

so there are probably enough people grinding that exp to actually fill games

i watched a guy on stream, he would start azmodan quest, kill him silly fast, goto iskmaru (sp?) in act 4, leave gtame.. repeat.. it was like 2 or 3 quests for a boat load of XP in under 5 mins.

that said.....
i wish games would fill..... (i actually found this page by googling the issue... now it makes sense tho)
the system should fill games 1 at a time and go down the list in the order the game was created rather than try to make all games have 2 people then start again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]