Diablo® III

Inferno Mode Wizard, bored AMA thread

MFing right now, ask questions.

Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#alXRQO!UYd!cbaaZY

Damage: 18k no magic weapon or familiar.

Health: 20k
Reply Quote
What do you do against champion packs with invincible minion or fast mobs that can't be slowed enough to kite?
Reply Quote
You skip them
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Cenumis
You skip them

That's why there is TP with wormhole in that build I guess. Although I would like to know how OP fights them if he doesn't skip.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Natsu
What do you do against champion packs with invincible minion or fast mobs that can't be slowed enough to kite?

Use the terrain to my advantage, I use blocks of trees which you can't run through, dungeon walls, corners and just keep kiting. Trying to drop hydra at their leader if it is a boss pack and invulnerable so it hits him not the minions. Diamond skin and wormhole teleport comes in REAL handy.

Extra fast mobs same deal, that's why I have blizzard at 20 AP cost because I need to spam that sucker.
Reply Quote
you can solo inferno with this build?

From my understanding your defensive stats dont matter really so you stack regen and dps and learn to kite like a champ and you can inferno ezpz?

edit: with your build that is
Edited by Shaitara#1513 on 5/21/2012 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
you can solo inferno with this build?

From my understanding your defensive stats dont matter really so you stack regen and dps and learn to kite like a champ and you can inferno ezpz?

edit: with your build that is

http://www.twitch.tv/brutalitygaming/b/318709822

DPS like a mofo, energy armor because you will lose 35% of your max health, if you have 40k life or 20k. Easier on potions/regen if life is lower. Done the math you can never become "IMMORTAL" as some people try to think. Even with 100 regen/sec on every item possible, you can't get the 3.5k hp/sec you need to survive "FOREVER". And if you get hit twice in a second you die.

HP still is not really that worthwhile but I am not saccing all of my damage for hpregen.
Reply Quote
I was a bit underwhelmed by Temporal Flux/Arcane hydra combo. Do you really think its worth it?

Or does it stack with blizzard in some way I don't know.

If you switched those out that would let you swap out for Galvanizing... and I think Lightning and or Poison Hydra are better dps for non trash (which nobody cares about anyway)

What sort of weapon do you use btw? I am looking for info on how blizzard works with attack speed, if it all (or is it straight weapon damage?)
Reply Quote
I was a bit underwhelmed by Temporal Flux/Arcane hydra combo. Do you really think its worth it?

Or does it stack with blizzard in some way I don't know.

If you switched those out that would let you swap out for Galvanizing... and I think Lightning and or Poison Hydra are better dps for non trash (which nobody cares about anyway)

What sort of weapon do you use btw? I am looking for info on how blizzard works with attack speed, if it all (or is it straight weapon damage?)

Thought about dropping temporal flux to Galvinizing, I don't know I will have to try it. Blizzard seems the ample amount of slow, but I need to practice so having the "SAFETY NET" of having double slows is REALLY REALLY nice. Sometimes I miss my blizzards as I am kiting around big objects (rocks, patches of trees, or in worse case senarios in hallways in dungeons) against monsters who have really crazy mods like teleport fire chain molten.

Eventually, going to pick up galvinizing once I am more comfortable with it.

Arcane hydra is AOE which is why I love it so much. I drop it in a pack of monsters on like skeleton king and they die in seconds, I was having issues with his enrage timer with a different build, then switched to this and everything died so fast so I loved it.

Blizzard with attack speed, I don't believe anything is different, besides cast animation. I use 1h/offhand due to stutter stepping with arcane missiles.

*EDIT*: Forgot to mention, hydra is a CRAZY DPS increase for single target, no matter what type it is.
Edited by Brutality#1910 on 5/21/2012 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So I've just started ACT II (Hell) (Lvl 56) and I can feel the disparity in my gear. I'm curious what makes you finally pull the trigger on an upgrade? Is there a loose guide you try to stick by? For example, gear that's older than 5 levels, or armor is +x more than current?

The prices really go up after for lvl 50+ for items so I'm trying to prioritize the gear purchases based on most improvement for the gold and I'm just unsure if something like 70 more points of armor for boots is really worth 25k knowing that at lvl 60 it's all going to be replaced again.

Finally, do you use two hand weapon or 1hand and offhand?
Reply Quote
Just wanted to let you know using force armor cancels out Illusionist as you never take more then 35%. So change that passive skill out.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Pasghetti
Just wanted to let you know using force armor cancels out Illusionist as you never take more then 35%. So change that passive skill out.

Someone needs to learn to read tooltips better.

illusionist is 15%
Reply Quote
I !@#$ed up and deleted half of my good items (don't ask me how it happened) so after buying a few pieces of gear I'm down to 12k damage and 8k health. Level 60. Please suggest a good build for farming Acts 3 and 4 of Hell.
Edited by Awe#1316 on 5/21/2012 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

what you smoking bro. Illusionist is 15%. Force armor reduces to 35% which is still more than 15%. <_<
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Awe
I !@#$ed up and deleted half of my good items (don't ask me how it happened) so after buying a few pieces of gear I'm down to 12k damage and 8k health. Level 60. Please suggest a good build for farming Acts 3 and 4 of Hell.

Get better gear first. 8k hp? Wtf.. I am 60 with 14k dps and 43k hp. You are going to die if you blink once.
Reply Quote
@OP - couple questions:

About to enter Inferno

1) Is Blizzard by itself not enough of an AOE snare? I always liked the DOTs on venom hydra better for some reason but can see the need for AOE arcane snare with tflux if mobs are way to quick/you need the added
2) Are you just kiting like crazy the whole time and let Hydra do its thing or do you stop to weave in MM?

Thanks
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Trip

Get better gear first. 8k hp? Wtf.. I am 60 with 14k dps and 43k hp. You are going to die if you blink once.

Who cares if he has 8k HP or or 43k HP if he has force armor up 100% of the time? Heck, even 100 HP is sufficient
Reply Quote
@OP - couple questions:

2) Are you just kiting like crazy the whole time and let Hydra do its thing or do you stop to weave in MM?

You can WATCH the answer to number 2 here:

http://www.twitch.tv/brutalitygaming/b/318709822
Reply Quote
I had 17k hp and 16k dps. Then half my items were deleted. FML
Reply Quote

Doesn't it's great!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]