Diablo® III

Inferno Mode Wizard, bored AMA thread

Hi all,

I have managed to defeat the second boss on Act 4 Inferno and working my way to Diablo. I have killed every champion pack, not skipped anything and managed to kill all the end act bosses with 5 stacks on the MF buff.

My spec is a little different then these arcane builds, atho they do seem interesting so ill give them a try!

this is my spec:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lUOSRX!YXh!bbYZba

My stats are:

6k hp, 45,550 dps (with weapon buff) 24% crit, 2 attack speed, 250+ all resistances.

Good stuff, build is solid! Never was a fan of the electrical schools unfortunately, magic missile won my heart because I stutter step!
Reply Quote
everyone still getting !@#$ed up force armor in inferno?
Reply Quote
Hi all,

I have managed to defeat the second boss on Act 4 Inferno and working my way to Diablo. I have killed every champion pack, not skipped anything and managed to kill all the end act bosses with 5 stacks on the MF buff.

My spec is a little different then these arcane builds, atho they do seem interesting so ill give them a try!

this is my spec:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lUOSRX!YXh!bbYZba

My stats are:

6k hp, 45,550 dps (with weapon buff) 24% crit, 2 attack speed, 250+ all resistances.

Good stuff, build is solid! Never was a fan of the electrical schools unfortunately, magic missile won my heart because I stutter step!

I stutter step too, but the electrocute I use shoots so fricking fast you can get like 8 shots off before you get a second one from magic missile! (of course i exaggerate, but you get what I mean!) plus it pierces through packs and bosses go down super quick with it.

Not sure about my last passive skill tho cant quite make my mind up on it! Id like to use the one that reduces cooldown of spells when you crit but it doesn't seem to work! Or i need more crit.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Miasma
everyone still getting !@#$ed up force armor in inferno?

Working for me an hour ago.
Reply Quote
I stutter step too, but the electrocute I use shoots so fricking fast you can get like 8 shots off before you get a second one from magic missile! (of course i exaggerate, but you get what I mean!) plus it pierces through packs and bosses go down super quick with it.

Not sure about my last passive skill tho cant quite make my mind up on it! Id like to use the one that reduces cooldown of spells when you crit but it doesn't seem to work! Or i need more crit.

Yeah I don't know about Arcane Dynamo (cooldown reduction on crit), but then again I don't HAVE much crit to begin with. On paper, oh god yes if I could get the crit I would run diamond skin, frost nova and a billion other cooldown spells, but I don't so I am sticking with what I can use while I grind MF for more stuff. I am not progressing in A2 because of my damage (unfortunately), so I will just keep farming my Act 1 having a blast :) 2 pc tals already (yeah the bonus blows but the pieces aren't bad compared to my other pieces...and the MF rocks when you can keep your damage up!)
Reply Quote
how much did you buy the tals pieces for, which pieces did you buy, and do you think they were worth it even though the 2pc sucks?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 06:07 AMPosted by BuzzinGoober
how much did you buy the tals pieces for, which pieces did you buy, and do you think they were worth it even though the 2pc sucks?

1.25m each, isn't bad when I make over 200k an hour easily. It's worth it to me, chest is IAS, Resists, decent armor + random mods. Also got the mask as mine was terrible. Has a bunch of different random stats on it.

HOPING blizzard is going to buff our set bonus as it is terrible compared to the other classes.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Paladin
I watched the video and its good stuff. Pretty much how I play my wizard. I do have some troubles though as I cant find good gear with MF on it. Just been having bad luck with drops and since the game is still new the AH prices are painful to just look at ( unless your the one selling it of course ).

However I would like to know how Craigypwn's build plays out. Since you have really high DPS do you just nuke them before they have a chance to hit you or is there some kiting going on? It seems more like how I wanted my wizard to play out in the end but I'm stuck running for my life as my hydra makes quick work of them as of now lol.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Brutality
Done the math you can never become "IMMORTAL" as some people try to think. Even with 100 regen/sec on every item possible, you can't get the 3.5k hp/sec you need to survive "FOREVER". And if you get hit twice in a second you die.

critical mass + crystal shell and you can take 20 hits a second
Reply Quote
Just started inferno with 600k, any suggestions on what weapon i should buy? 1h vs 2h
Reply Quote
yo, thanks for the build, really enjoying it. At the minute i have a two handed mace, but should i look to be getting a 1hander + a shield or what? Cheers.
Reply Quote
REALLY love the thread! Great to hear of someone stacking resists, Force Armor sensibly, and leveraging strong gear and a nice play style.

Looking forward to getting my Wizard up higher!

Are you pretty much settled on the build you're using or have you toyed around with others? What would you say is the most underrated spell in game?

I recently swapped to Lightning Blast from Chain Lightning and I'm enjoying it a ton. It 'feels' like it puts out more DPS than Chain, but doesn't appear on too many builds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]