Diablo® III

stats for solo inferno act 2

hey guys since obviously alot of us are complaining about how monks get owned in act 2, i'd like to show u guys the stats of a monk that can survive it.

its not bragging but this may be more or less the ideal stats for act 2 http://tinypic.com/r/2ec1ybn/6

builds are super common on the boards so i wont bother with it and yes i use quickening i mean why not right?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You give me one of those legendaries this instant!
Edited by Practical#1393 on 5/21/2012 1:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Honestly, this gives me hope and drive to continue. At least EVENTUALLY I will be able to use my monk in inferno. Its something right?
Reply Quote
hey guys since obviously alot of us are complaining about how monks get owned in act 2, i'd like to show u guys the stats of a monk that can survive it.

its not bragging but this may be more or less the ideal stats for act 2 http://tinypic.com/r/2ec1ybn/6

builds are super common on the boards so i wont bother with it and yes i use quickening i mean why not right?

because you wouldnt be able to do it without it.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 02:09 AMPosted by ColdStorm
Honestly, this gives me hope and drive to continue. At least EVENTUALLY I will be able to use my monk in inferno. Its something right?
He's using the quickening build, so don't have any hope.
Edited by Kaesebrezen#2714 on 5/21/2012 2:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well thats why you gotta make the best out of it while it last. farm up some good gear while you sitll can
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 02:33 AMPosted by JinWhye
well thats why you gotta make the best out of it while it last. farm up some good gear while you sitll can

can you show your skill build as well.

I think your monk is the best that I have seen so far. If possible can show the item stats? Where did you farm those items or were they bought off AH?

This gives me some hope :P
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aiXYgQ!YXZ!YYbcYb fairly common quickening build

showing the items is a bid tedious but what i tend to focus on is having AS and crit chance on rings and gloves while the other items have some vit/all resist if possible so i wont have the need to use one with everything. if your boots has increase movement speed it would be best since you can easily escape from plague/desecrate most of the time

and no i farmed act 1 for most of my items except crafting the shield from a recipe
Edited by JinWhye#1570 on 5/21/2012 3:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
much agreed. your build is closer to the one i envision for act 3. maybe find a way to add inner sanctuary because of the many choke points
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I have 4k less hp and 700 less armor (and less DPS, although that doesn't factor in to my question) but I have 150 more physical resistance than you, and I'm getting half shot by a single mob in blue packs. How the heck do I handle that? I've been using the cheese build with crippling wave + concussion, do we pretty much have to run quickening to kill things in it?
Reply Quote
Everyone Whining about Quickening or Sweeping Wind 'cheese' Please read

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Enjoy!
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 03:27 AMPosted by Footsz
I have 4k less hp and 700 less armor (and less DPS, although that doesn't factor in to my question) but I have 150 more physical resistance than you, and I'm getting half shot by a single mob in blue packs. How the heck do I handle that? I've been using the cheese build with crippling wave + concussion, do we pretty much have to run quickening to kill things in it?

probably not. but it is the easiest way to kill things.
and btw your avoid may just be too low. 1 trick when you face a tough group of mobs is to pull then and just keep running as far as possible and then die. backtrack your way and hopefully you may just fight 1-2 elites

another tip: bring either enchantress(non follower mode) or leah/adria and lure the mobs close to your spawnpoint. that way they dont heal full hp but there is a overtime that does alot of damage
even if you die
Edited by JinWhye#1570 on 5/21/2012 3:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Jansports: It isnt true/correct simply because someone says it. It might be his philosophy but it doesn't become a truism when stated/quoted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]