Diablo® III

Ray of Frost rune issue

I haven't played around with it too much and I am currently at work but I noticed that when I used the Ray of Frost skill combined with the Cold blood rune, my arcane power was still draining, just a lot slower than without the rune.

Isn't the Cold Blood rune supposed to make it cost 0? Is this a bug? Anyone else having this issue?
Reply Quote
Probably a typo...
Blizzard's got a lot of stuff to tweak since launch day, I'm sure they'll get around to it. I gotta admit though, I was really psyched when I read that 0 cost in the skill calculator, and it'd be nice it it's really supposed to be that way.
Reply Quote
skill calc is wrong. it cost 2 per second which is still stupid low and can easily replace as your primary attack.
Reply Quote
Alright thanks for confirming.

Yea it was very low, I just didn't understand why it was draining still.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Psyclum
skill calc is wrong. it cost 2 per second which is still stupid low and can easily replace as your primary attack.

It's 12, not 2.
Reply Quote
I am also at work and was fantasizing about that rune. I still will, just not as much now that its 12 or 2...2 would be better.
Reply Quote
It's 12 AP, and I use it as my "primary" (rather, my left click, I don't actually have any signature spells). I don't have AP issues because most of the time I'm busy kiting with Blizzard/Hydra and only stop to use Ray of Frost every once in a while.
Reply Quote
You never stop regenerating AP, so 12 AP is far lower than you'd immediately think it is. When I use it I can keep it going for quite awhile, far longer than I would ever actually stand still to use it.
Reply Quote
no it is 12. fixed in game but not in the skill calculator.

go fire up the game and see for yourself.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
If you're using Astral Presence, Ray of Frost is essentially an AP-neutral attack if your attack rate is 1 per second or slower. Even if you're using a 1hander you can maintain it for a very long time, far longer than you ever actually will want to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]