Diablo® III

Hardcore FAQ Please Read

(Sticky)

Only took about 6 or 7 of these before one got stickied. +1
Reply Quote
Everyone please contribute to the thread: Recommended Stats per class, act and difficulty.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270835658?page=1#0
Reply Quote
something else to keep in mind.. when your character dies, you have the ability to add that character to the archives. There your characters level, what killed him and his stats will be recorded. Also he will no longer take up a character slot, so you will be able to make a new hero in his or her stead. even with the same name!
Edited by RoninEnigma#1106 on 5/30/2012 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was wondering over this but which class would you guys say would be best suited for HC mode?

I currently play as a DH and am literally a glass cannon. So I do not see playing HC mode the same way would be viable. Now I could always stack way more Vit and Phy Dmg Reduction, however I do not think this would be as beneficial as say playing another class such as a Barb.

Please give me some feedback on this since I am still new to D3 and have not tried every class yet.
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 04:28 PMPosted by RoninEnigma
something else to keep in mind.. when your character dies, you have the ability to add that character to the archives. There your characters level, what killed him and his stats will be recorded. Also he will no longer take up a character slot, so you will be able to make a new hero in his or her stead. even with the same name!

As soon as i actually die i will be adding this info! Thank you for the suggestion
Reply Quote
I was wondering over this but which class would you guys say would be best suited for HC mode?

I currently play as a DH and am literally a glass cannon. So I do not see playing HC mode the same way would be viable. Now I could always stack way more Vit and Phy Dmg Reduction, however I do not think this would be as beneficial as say playing another class such as a Barb.

Please give me some feedback on this since I am still new to D3 and have not tried every class yet.

Class balance will change with time. I really suggest playing whichever you like best.

I know this is not the answer you want so ill say witch doctor is best. He has spirit walk, a get out of death for free passive at lvl 30, good dps, cc, buffs and is ranged.
Edited by eMLiquid#1393 on 5/31/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
please can you update the faq as per below comment, I think people should know.

I got logged out of EU servers yesterday and I thought my level 20 HC Monk dead in the ditch. When I logged back in this morning he was there ready to go, the game got me back in at the latest checkpoint.

This is something I was really afraid of and which no one was able to clarify for me. Now I know and you guys should know as well. HC characters dying because of a disconnect is another one of those DIII fallacy.
Reply Quote
please can you update the faq as per below comment, I think people should know.

I got logged out of EU servers yesterday and I thought my level 20 HC Monk dead in the ditch. When I logged back in this morning he was there ready to go, the game got me back in at the latest checkpoint.

This is something I was really afraid of and which no one was able to clarify for me. Now I know and you guys should know as well. HC characters dying because of a disconnect is another one of those DIII fallacy.

I wouldnt say that this is a frequently asked question. I would sugest you submit a ticker to support. If they recieve enough of the same problem they will add it to the Known Issues Thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4916972036

Im glad you found your character was actually alive!
Reply Quote
Does anybody know if I can instantly logout when I'm in the town in act 1 and mobs try to kill me right there?
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:09 AMPosted by eMLiquid

As soon as i actually die i will be adding this info! Thank you for the suggestion

if you ain't dying, you ain't playing.. pull up your skirt and get in the thick son!
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 07:43 PMPosted by RoninEnigma

if you ain't dying, you ain't playing.. pull up your skirt and get in the thick son!

Can't say I would ever want to say to my son, "pick up your skirt!" But i have to agree.. You just do not play hardcore to play it safe. If you did, it might aswell be softest-core or softcore with skin moisturizer. Play like men dammit! Hardcore digital men, (or men with woman chickas) and no retreat! Face the enemy head on and drive them back!
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 08:56 PMPosted by yukimegu
Does anybody know if I can instantly logout when I'm in the town in act 1 and mobs try to kill me right there?

I've never actually been the victim of one of those town-killer trolls (thankfully), but I assume this would work, yes. There is no delay when you exit a game in town, so there would be no timer, and as long as you could survive for the 1 second (or less) that it takes to exit the game through the menu, I think you might actually survive.

Of course, this also depends on your HP, how many monsters are there, how strong they are, etc. But unless you have teleport or some other skill to exit the fray, I think this would be your best bet.
Reply Quote

Can't say I would ever want to say to my son, "pick up your skirt!" But i have to agree.. You just do not play hardcore to play it safe. If you did, it might aswell be softest-core or softcore with skin moisturizer. Play like men dammit! Hardcore digital men, (or men with woman chickas) and no retreat! Face the enemy head on and drive them back!

Well folks you got me killed.... (gotta blame someone :P) lvl 29 demon hunter act 4, may he RIP. on a brighter note i got all 4 of the other classes to Nightmare tonight! :)
Reply Quote
=== How can I have two skills of the same slot loaded at the same time?
What you are referring to is called elective mode. It allows you to mix and match ANY skills in any spot.

Technically incorrect. Some skills can not be assigned to the left mouse button (primary attack).
Reply Quote
Thanks!!! i'll translate this for the Spanish forum!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
So if I find an uber leet item and throw it in my HC stash and then I die, that item will be there for my next reroll?
Reply Quote
Is their a way to change my hero to Hardcore from "softcore"?
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Xaruman
So if I find an uber leet item and throw it in my HC stash and then I die, that item will be there for my next reroll?

Yes

06/09/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Myth
Is their a way to change my hero to Hardcore from "softcore"?

No
Reply Quote
Do I lose my gold too?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]