Hardcore FAQ Please Read

(Sticky)

The loot is better??
Reply Quote
another lag spike 2 days in a row!
Reply Quote
Everyone making rollback requests need to reread these FAQ
Reply Quote
I just ran through the normal campaign on Hardcore right after I finished doing the same in Softcore... I got 3-4 times as many rare items and gems on my HardCore account and many many more times the magic items.

I kept trying to find sources that said that HC had a higher magic item drop rate, but I guess this is just a fluke or perhaps because I played a different class or something... I'm pretty sure most of the time I was not wearing "+% find magic item" stuff for most of my HC run
Just a fluke. HC has never had any effect on these kinds of things.

06/12/2012 04:40 AMPosted by eMLiquid
Everyone making rollback requests need to reread these FAQ
And how.
Edited by furbymadness#1177 on 6/12/2012 5:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm assuming the answer to this question is no, but I'd like confirmation. If a HC character dies in a multiplayer game, can the other players revive you?
Edited by Gedwin#1166 on 6/12/2012 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Has anyone mad it to inferno on HC?

If so whats the furthest someone has gone without dying...??

forgive my noobisness if this is considered a stupid question.
Edited by Kai#1558 on 6/12/2012 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you delete a hardcore character as opposed to them dying, does everything listed here apply as if they did die save of course for not being able to archive them?

In other words, 10 character slots filled. 1 with my HC character, 9 with normal. I want to remake my HC character as a different class but I have no intention of suiciding them just to do this.

If I delete the HC character, and create the new one, will I find all my gold and stash still waiting there for me?
Reply Quote
8 Gnome Warrior
!@#$ this game, I'm done. I cannot believe they won't revive for their lag spikes. That is thier problem, not mine. That is just... no. I won't be a victim of this %^-* again. Good bye.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Be careful. This game has a wicked way of letting you go along feeling like a god and then...WHAM!
Reply Quote
If you delete a hardcore character as opposed to them dying, does everything listed here apply as if they did die save of course for not being able to archive them?

In other words, 10 character slots filled. 1 with my HC character, 9 with normal. I want to remake my HC character as a different class but I have no intention of suiciding them just to do this.

If I delete the HC character, and create the new one, will I find all my gold and stash still waiting there for me?

1) If you are going to delete them anyway... SUICIDE! Just try to go as far as you can as fast as you can, and when he dies archive him and move on.
2) I believe, but I can not confirm, that even if you delete the HC character you'll keep your stash/gold/artisan progress.
Reply Quote
it's been over a week since the koreans killed inferno diablo in hardcore, they did it by exploiting and bypassing all the mobs before him, just like this barb is doing.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 09:57 AMPosted by eMLiquid
try to throw as many items out of your inventory onto the ground as your hero is in the process of being beaten to death..... Let me know how that works out.

Lol
Reply Quote
Sorry guys if this has been beaten to death but I need to know for sure as I am Diablo noob.

I just finished softcore mode, with my Barb at lv 34. So your saying in Hardcore mode, if I die my lv 34 Barb is History... ca-put...no more?? Does this mean I have to start a new character right from lvl 1??? If so, do I still have access to hardcore mode? Or do I need to play my new character until I reach lvl 10, so I can access Hardcore mode again?
Edited by Satch#1254 on 6/20/2012 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry guys if this has been beaten to death but I need to know for sure as I am Diablo noob.

I just finished softcore mode, with my Barb at lv 34. So your saying in Hardcore mode, if I die my lv 34 Barb is History... ca-put...no more?? Does this mean I have to start a new character right from lvl 1??? If so, do I still have access to hardcore mode? Or do I need to play my new character until I reach lvl 10, so I can access Hardcore mode again?

To play HC mode, you will have to create a new character at level 1. THAT character will be subject to the HC rule, and if THAT character dies he will be dead for good.

None of this will affect your SC lvl 34 Barbarian. He is a completely separate character under a completely separate death rule.

Once you have access to HC mode, you will always have access to HC mode. You do not need to have a "current lvl 10" character, as long as you at one time had one. (99% sure)
Edited by Sky#1360 on 6/21/2012 8:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Gnerp
!@#$ this game, I'm done. I cannot believe they won't revive for their lag spikes. That is thier problem, not mine. That is just... no. I won't be a victim of this %^-* again. Good bye.

I don't get lag spikes, or at worst, get them very rarely. Consider checking your networking equipment, ISP, computer, etc.

Tell your brother/father/yourself to stop downloading !@#$/movies/TVshows.

Also, the softcore forums would probably give you a shoulder to cry on if you need one, they love people who hate this game.

Also, gtfo.
Reply Quote
So can I continue on the next level of difficulty, Nightmare, and not worry about loosing everything when I die??
Reply Quote
06/21/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Satch
So can I continue on the next level of difficulty, Nightmare, and not worry about loosing everything when I die??

What? Are you sure you're not mixing up Nightmare and Hardcore ?

The Hardcore/Softcore decision is done when you create a character. Your lv34 Barb is a softcore char, he will never truly die, in Nightmare, Hell or Inferno.

When you create a Hardcore char, you will be warned with a huge pop up stating that any death is final (lol). No way to miss it.
Reply Quote
Can hardcore and regular characters play in the same game? Or, when my HC char is in a public game, is everyone in it also HC? Or will they get me killed ;)

Another question- when looking at friends' profiles, is there a way to tell if their chars are HC?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]