Diablo® III

Hardcore FAQ Please Read

(Sticky)

It is stupid that hardcore deaths cannot be rolled back but people getting hacked and all can get rolled back. I have made a topic regarding this in the hardcore forum out of this topic.
Reply Quote
The f*cking hardcore character mode has been design to where there is no way for you to f*cking live forever even if you have top stats because the sh*t game will crash or lag on you eventually.
Reply Quote
Should blizzard hold responsible to HC deaths due to the server problem?
I had a close call like 20mins ago due to authentication server limit problem where I found out when I try to re-login to D3.

The game was just lag, out of the sudden during an Elite pack combat.
Reply Quote
Is there a place to see the highest hardcore players?

Also, is there a prize to get to 60 lvl 100
Reply Quote
Not listed, but I don't suppose game crashes are an exception to the "you die, you die" policy? It's really unfortunate that they can't determine if you legitimately died from error or if you just want to claim you did and get your character rolled back. I would imagine that they CAN rollback your character, but simply WON'T. If they didn't have that policy, they'd get an email every time someone lost a HC character
Edited by Mathiasen#1629 on 7/10/2013 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Mathiasen
Not listed, but I don't suppose game crashes are an exception to the "you die, you die" policy? It's really unfortunate that they can't determine if you legitimately died from error or if you just want to claim you did and get your character rolled back. I would imagine that they CAN rollback your character, but simply WON'T. If they didn't have that policy, they'd get an email every time someone lost a HC character

Nope there is no exceptions. You die ... you die ... even if the whole internet goes down and crashes and causes your death .. you still are perma dead.
Reply Quote
So what, killing people on hardcore is allowed?
Reply Quote
I have one question about Hardcore. I understand if you die in HC, you're done. And that's that. But what if you die in PVP at the, I think it's called, Training Grounds? Do you keep your character/stuff or lose it all just like normal PVM?
Reply Quote
You don't lose your character in PVP so it is safe.
Reply Quote
Hardcore mode is the only way to play diablo.
Reply Quote
If you don't have a good conection to internet don't play hardcore, the blizzard producers they don't have the idea: how is to die because of the internet interupting? Is not fair guys, i realy decide to not play this game any more! sorry for my english!
Reply Quote
play hard, play smart
Reply Quote
Don't use 4 letter words in HC forums...any 4 letter words at all.
Reply Quote
same loot like on SC?!?! I recently read some post from staff that HC first kill last boss on each act has 100% chance for legendary item.
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 06:47 AMPosted by Ventarius
same loot like on SC?!?! I recently read some post from staff that HC first kill last boss on each act has 100% chance for legendary item.

Loot is exactly the same as are drop rates and special items. Nothing is different.
Reply Quote
Was just reading over the FAQ and thought there should be an update to this question:

=== Do my dead heroes take up my limited number of character slots?

There's only a 10 character limit with D3V and 12 or 15 in ROS. Minor but this way people new to HC don't think that they can only have 10 HC characters with ROS.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 09:57 AMPosted by LiquidAsylum
=== My character died but it's not my fault, can I get my character back or at least cry on the forums?
No and No. Even if it's lag, a stealth nerf, a blizzard employee comes to your house and covers your eyes, or a bug or glitch kills you at level 59..... You will not get that character back and you can not cry on the forums. You must suck it up because all those things are part of hardcore play. Accept it or don't play it.

wow. ALL the bases, right?

05/23/2012 09:57 AMPosted by LiquidAsylum
=== Is there a way to quickly exit the game before I die?
No. Unlike Diablo 2 you can not quickly exit the game before that killing blow is dealt. Clicking "exit game" starts a ten second timer after that 10 seconds you will be logged out. The only exception is that there is no log out timer while doing so from the safety of a town.

wait, what? i have, and subsequently play diablo 3 RoS on, a gateway laptop. it is equipped with hardware controls that means that since d3 is NOT like d2, i dont need to leave it so i have to hit the (FN) button to make F1 be help etc and can instead just hit f3 to KILL my wireless adapter -- only temporarily; but it would give me a big whopping "disconnected from the server" pop up and then lags me till i get back to the main menu.

in d2 i would use that alot to keep alive on hc... you know, that or just yanking out my wireless adapter on my then used computer which was a desktop. lol

fun stuff, hardcore mode. definitely have to be INSANE to find it even the slight bit awesome. that, or be a masochist.

05/24/2012 07:35 AMPosted by FireSickle
I kept trying to find sources that said that HC had a higher magic item drop rate, but I guess this is just a fluke

actually not that much of a fluke-- it is, dont get me wrong, but in the capacity that hardcore has a better magic item drop rate on its own. the recent community buff event got made permanent a while back, so yay rare and uniq drop rates 100%+ all the time now.
Reply Quote
IT IS NOT FAIR , IT IS NOT FAIR THAT A LAG KILLED MY CRUSADER! I paused the game when the lag occurred, and it still died after it dissconected me! IT IS NOT FAIR! and all you can tell me it's "suck it up" ?

That's a sorry excuse for customer support, And if you reply by just saying "bad luck, friend" id suck it up because I love the game but the support service is UNFAIR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]