Diablo® III

View Items Dropped Without Picking Up

I know that while holding the COMMAND key and hovering over a dropped item, you can see its stats in a small, pop-up window without having to pick it up and opening your Inventory.

I also have my Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse mapped to most keys in D3, including the COMMAND-CLICK for my right-click.

The problem I have is that whenever I am in the heat of battle and monsters are dropping their loot, and I am still right-clicking for my secondary skill, the stat window pops up in mid-fight. I constantly have to shift my cursor to avoid this.

Is there a setting I am missing to disable the pop-up window?

--->Robert
8-)
Reply Quote
Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the exact same problem and is really making me not want to play.
Reply Quote
i've assigned right mouse to a right click, not using the assigned command click. It might be a problem with the drivers you are using that cause it to trigger command before clicking. This could result in the stats view for the item appearing instead of making it behave as a right click.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Dirk is correct here - under most circumstances, you will want to map the right mouse button to Right Click (for which OS X does have discrete commands for) and not CMD-Click. CMD-click is only really useful to players on laptops, and even then isn't actually necessary all the time.

Also, you will want to avoid binding modifier keys to a mouse button for Diablo 3 whenever possible - multibutton mice are treated like external keyboards, and as such suffer from the "too many keys pressed at once" problem where if enough "keys" are pressed at once between the keyboard and mouse, some of the input commands are truncated and not performed.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]