Diablo® III

Has any Wiz soloed Rakanoth post-nerf?

I'm talking about soloing Inferno Rakanoth since the nerf to Force Armor.
Rakanoth does like 200,000 damage with his teleport attack. Whatever the number is, it's more damage than I can mitigate with a shield, defensive armor, blur, Force Armor, and Crystal shell. It's an instant oneshot that doesn't seem to be avoidable.

I'm just curious to hear if anyone has done it.
Edited by Falcrist#1348 on 5/25/2012 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I actually face tanked him this morning - even without critical mass.

I just kited him while my armor cd reset and they facetanked him with healing blades. took about 10minutes.
Reply Quote
nice man, im stuch there too: (, how much hp do u have to survive the blink strike?
Reply Quote
I'm stuck as well. I actually can survive the first hit with 44k hp but there's no way to heal back to full before the 2nd hit :(
Reply Quote
So the Familiar Gardian Blocks any attack under 35% BUT even when I have NO gear on I still regen 146 per second. How do I go into battle with under 35% so I dont get one shotted. Is blizzard trolling us?
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Kakkarot
So the Familiar Gardian Blocks any attack under 35% BUT even when I have NO gear on I still regen 146 per second. How do I go into battle with under 35% so I dont get one shotted. Is blizzard trolling us?

No, you're not paying attention to your follower skills.
Reply Quote
Just did it earlier today with ancient guardian.
Reply Quote
Granted I just soloed him on hell mode, but when using elective mode, i had both force armor and ancient guardian up. Kiting him and using my hydra to whittle him down seemed to work fairly well and the armor/guardian kept his teleport from insta kill.
Reply Quote
Mil seems to know, but what you do is take off all your gear, let him kill you. Then put on all your gear that does not give you health regen to stay low. You use Guardian familiar and venom hydra. You go to one corner, let him port to you, drop hydra, wormhole teleport to the opposite corner and wait. Rinse and repeat till hes dead.
Reply Quote
06/04/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Nintura
Mil seems to know, but what you do is take off all your gear, let him kill you. Then put on all your gear that does not give you health regen to stay low. You use Guardian familiar and venom hydra. You go to one corner, let him port to you, drop hydra, wormhole teleport to the opposite corner and wait. Rinse and repeat till hes dead.

To be more helpful than my last post - the templar follower has a life regen passive that pretty much everyone picks. That's where the health regen you see even with no gear is coming from - just use a different follower.
Reply Quote
06/04/2012 07:05 AMPosted by mil

To be more helpful than my last post - the templar follower has a life regen passive that pretty much everyone picks. That's where the health regen you see even with no gear is coming from - just use a different follower.

Enchantress FTW!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]