Diablo® III

[Question] Gear Progression on Demon Hunter

So I just hit level 60 and am starting Inferno now, and my question is basically, what part of my gear should I upgrade next to receive a large increase in DPS? I've seen people with +100k DPS upwards! So here are my stats (going Crit dmg build):

DPS without SS: 17233
DPS with SS: 57572
Crit damage modifier: 281%

Gear: (Dex ; Vit)

Helm: 127 ; 33

Shoulders: 126 ; 46

Bracers: 125 ; 64

Gloves: 185 ; 62

Belt: 55 ; 49

Chest: 3x30 ; 114

Pants: 81 + 2x30 ; 0

Shoes: 181 ; 42

Amulet: 91 ; 0 (40% crit chance)

Ring1: 0 ; 0 (16-31 DMG, 26% crit chance)
Ring2: 0 ; 0 (6-12 DMG, 21% crit chance)

Quiver: 83 + 1x34 ; 0 (15% AtkSpd)

XBow: 682,3 DPS (49% + 45% crit damage)

My problem is basically that I don't have an idea of what a good piece of gear is, would be really cool if someone could help me out! Thanks!
Reply Quote
I have over 100k with crit and etc. Its not too hard but you would need items with Dexterity, increase attack, and Critical hit damage . Look for items with these three componenets if you just plan on increasing the damage. But then, I look for items with vitality and some res trying to pull off from 1 hit.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 05:03 AMPosted by Infinity
I have over 100k with crit and etc. Its not too hard but you would need items with Dexterity, increase attack, and Critical hit damage . Look for items with these three componenets if you just plan on increasing the damage. But then, I look for items with vitality and some res trying to pull off from 1 hit.

So I just hit level 60 and am starting Inferno now, and my question is basically, what part of my gear should I upgrade next to receive a large increase in DPS? ... My problem is basically that I don't have an idea of what a good piece of gear is, would be really cool if someone could help me out! Thanks!

You didn't answer my question, thanks nonetheless though. I already have Gear that focuses on dexterity mainly together with crit damage.
Reply Quote

So I just hit level 60 and am starting Inferno now, and my question is basically, what part of my gear should I upgrade next to receive a large increase in DPS? ... My problem is basically that I don't have an idea of what a good piece of gear is, would be really cool if someone could help me out! Thanks!

You didn't answer my question, thanks nonetheless though. I already have Gear that focuses on dexterity mainly together with crit damage.

IAS tremendously helps DPS numbers, but will generally not help your build if you aren't using spam heavy skills. Pick up IAS Gloves/Ammy/Rings with Crit Chance/Damage (aka expensive as hell) and your damage will sky rocket. Bo Jangler boots also tremendously help with an extra 13% IAS on boots.
Edited by allbusiness#1423 on 5/26/2012 5:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Move speed is amazing for kiting. Highest I've seen is 12% on boots, but there are legendary pants and bracers that can get you up to the cap of 25%
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 05:15 AMPosted by allbusiness
IAS tremendously helps DPS numbers, but will generally not help your build if you aren't using spam heavy skills. Pick up IAS Gloves/Ammy/Rings with Crit Chance/Damage (aka expensive as hell) and your damage will sky rocket. Bo Jangler boots also tremendously help with an extra 13% IAS on boots.

Yea I thought that IAS would help alot but seeing as I stutterstep alot it wouldnt really help my actual DPS that much. Those Boots sound nice but im guessing they're expensive as hell D:

05/26/2012 05:21 AMPosted by Icaros
Move speed is amazing for kiting. Highest I've seen is 12% on boots, but there are legendary pants and bracers that can get you up to the cap of 25%

Yea I've thought about getting some movespeed on Bracers but the only ones I can find are the Lacuni Prowlers and those are expensive as hell too ;_;
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 05:21 AMPosted by Icaros

This is the first I've heard of a cap. Does this cap also include Hot Pursuit or can you get 140% with that up?
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 05:15 AMPosted by allbusiness
aka expensive as hell

you mean expensive as inferno :P
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Darthzin
aka expensive as hell

you mean expensive as inferno :P

Pretty much :<

Wondering if I should get a better weapon next... something around 800 DPS would be nice :3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]