Diablo® III

D3 for PS3

First things first, the game is fun and I will give it credit for requiring the most up to date computer hardware, but it does not deliver for a true Diablo Fan. The original Diablo on PS1 and PC was much more, and still is, much more fun to play. D2 brought the fun back to life with a full arsenal of character customization for PC. The advanced gaming platform allowed for skill trees in D2 which made every character in the realm to be unique, even if you could buy auctioned equipment **cough cough**. The new D3 has removed any and all advancements that make a game for PC unique.
The implementation of Passive skills, four hot key skills and ABSOLUTLY no custom STAT selection, make this game perfect for the PS3 platform. There is a much larger demographic that could play the game, and maybe Blizzard is intending to reach for that. I was expected much more from D3 solely on the premise of it being released for PC/MAC only.
For starters, the game is not what I had expected it to be, mainly with the auction house. After wasting countless hours just trying to scavenge and SOJ in D2, it just ruined the feel right off the start.
Where do YOU stand on D3 being released for PS3?
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 08:25 PMPosted by MakerOfShoes

Next gen consoles, if at all.

Not going to happen on a PS3, nor a XBOX 360.
Reply Quote
Buy a PC.
Reply Quote
This game isn't very demanding on hardware. At all. It could easily come to the 360 or PS3. Blizzard actually has people with the assignment of exploring that possibility. I mean think about it...6 abilities? 4 buttons and 2 triggers?

It was practically made for console kiddies in the first place with how dumbed down it is.
Edited by Xzi#1469 on 5/26/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Where did I post the thread from genius?
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 08:27 PMPosted by MortQ

Next gen consoles, if at all.

Not going to happen on a PS3, nor a XBOX 360.

It's SUPPOSED to have a team currently working on developing it, and since microsoft won't have prototype next gen consoles out for several more months, if even this year, I would assume ps3/xbox 360 are much more likely. And as far as I know, Sony hasn't even started protypes of their nextgen console?

Last I heard, Blizzard was just TOYING with the idea of a console version, and that no official announcement was ever made. But their is also DOZENS of quotes saying "it's gonna happen", "it wont happen", "it could happen", etc..etc..
Reply Quote
I think you guys need to get this thought out of your heads its never going to happen, Microsoft and Sony would never allow it, especially Microsoft, all the online features go against their strict policies, why do you think theres barely any mmo's on consoles, its not because of the controls or binding the hotbar to a gamepad, its because they won't allow so much online connectivity through their service in fear of getting hacked, not that they don't already, but they don't want it to get worse then it is now...
Edited by Mightylink#1809 on 5/26/2012 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The simplistic design of D3 would lead one to think it was created for a platform like PS3. I would rather play version of Diablo sitting on my couch in front of the 60” with a wireless controller synced to WiFi. Sony already allowed it once, why not let a cash cow like the Diablo franchise join their ranks?
Reply Quote
The advantage of Blizzard opening their games to consoles, is basically quadrupling their market opportunity.

A standard gaming computer at it's best efficiency is typically 800$ or more.

While the average Ps3 and Xbox cost about 2-300$ depending on memory and additives you purchase with it.

Many more people can afford a console, thus the reason why console games sell so well. The problem with consoles, is that they are really starting to hit the wall with their limits, Computers have the capability to out perform these consoles easily, should they be high end enough. I don't foresee a good reason to invest future blizzard games in consoles until they release the next generation of them. So, Ps4 Diablo 4, maybe we will see.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Mightylink
its because they won't allow so much online connectivity through their service in fear of getting hacked, not that they don't already, but they don't want it to get worse then it is now...

That is not entirely true. More than anything Microsoft will be trying to get this game released exclusively on 360 instead of having it released on PS3 simultaneously. The 360 and PS3's online capabilities can more than handle an online MMO, its been done more than once on the PS3 and even the gamecube. And getting "hacked" like what people are happening to them now will not be as easy to do it on lets say Live. Just because of the nature how the gamertag is attached the persons console.

Actually they plan on releasing an console MMO/FPS for 360 soon I hear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]