Diablo® III

How do you guys deal with Reflect mobs.

I just finished off Act II with a 5 stack and looking back I realised I pretty much skipped every mob that had Reflect. These seem to be the only ones I cannot handle. The only way to damage them without killing myself is to do it while smoke screened but since it only lasts 1.5 seconds now its not really enough time to get much damage in. Also if I use smoke screen offensively I am left with like no defensive options. What really sucks is these Reflect mobs seem to only get harder as you gear up since your damage goes up by quite a bit with a decent upgrade but you defense doesn't really. The only way I have been able to kill any Reflect mobs in Act II is with a Spike Trap+Sharp Shooter build and just using Smoke Screen right as they hit the traps. But using my normal build that uses Nether Tentacles and Devouring Arrow as my main sources of damage I am unable to kill them. So how do you all deal with them? Or do you just skip em?

Also does anyone know the exact % of damage that they reflect? I assume its % based since they only seem to hit harder the more geared I am.
Reply Quote
The only thing you can do is just draw out the fight. Make it really long. Pretty much you're working off your potion cooldown. So just attack until you're almost dead, use a potion, then wait. Rinse and repeat.

Also, try to attack using Nether Tentacles. Yes, you're still lose HP, but the 3% life steal will allow you to attack for longer before your HP goes down too much.

ALSO. Another thing that I do in anticipation of Reflect damage is that I don't use health globes that I don't need. They don't disappear. So while I'm kiting them, I'll kite into areas I know have health globes lying around.
Edited by muffins#1948 on 5/27/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I never saw the difference of life with the 3% of tentacle
Reply Quote
Don't pick up health globes as you clear the dungeon. Just use them for fighting reflect mobs. Time SS well and it shouldnt be too bad, just annoying.
Reply Quote
Hm, I never really considered the Health Globe thing it is a very good idea I will give it a shot.
Reply Quote
chuck shadow power in your build, i generally run with SS,caltrops,shadow power, prep, hungering,elemental.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Scalion

I average 40k damage per shot (up to 100k if I crit). 3% of 40k is still 1.2k life that I'm leeching back (maybe a bit less because I think your life leech gets nerfed in Inferno?). Seeing how most demon hunters don't have 40k life, you're leeching back more than 3% of your life per shot.
Reply Quote
Use gear with more than 10k hp. Battle scars scales off your total hp and without it healing you for a lot you're going to get !@#$ed by reflect every time
Reply Quote
I just trap kite them with jagged spikes. I have about 4 items of pure, max health/sec gear in my bags and I throw that on and run the health/time passive on my templar. The ~1000 health/sec from that plus health pots is normally enough to slowly wear them down whilst healing through reflect and kiting.

I tried this tactic originally just using health pots and found that elites have more passive healing than you can deal with. If you throttle your damage too hard they will simply never die.
Reply Quote
Have you tried shadow power with gloom?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/27/2012 02:32 PMPosted by muffins

I average 40k damage per shot (up to 100k if I crit). 3% of 40k is still 1.2k life that I'm leeching back (maybe a bit less because I think your life leech gets nerfed in Inferno?). Seeing how most demon hunters don't have 40k life, you're leeching back more than 3% of your life per shot.

Have you ever faced reflect dmg mobs in inferno? You lose health way faster than you gain from NT. I believe life steal is reduced by 80% in inferno. I usually try to time my wave of NT hitting with SS lingering rune. Kite, health pot, wait for discipline and repeat. If you're lucky you can pick up life on hit gear which is more effective than %lifesteal.
Reply Quote
When I am soloing an act that I comfortable clearing without worrying to much about dying, I run impale + impact for these exact mobs. I SS and then Impale the hell out of one. Caltrops, rinse, repeat for the others.

It is fairly quick and works a hell of a lot better than kiting and waiting for my potion timer in my opinion. :)
Reply Quote
Grievous wound with SS(lingering fog) and preparation.
Ill die like 6 times to clear a pack but its worth it.
Make sure you stack + crit dmg.
Reply Quote
Only way that i've been able to reliably kill dmg reflect is to chain smokescreen (I can do it 3 times with +disc gear) while unloading NT on the elites, kite away rinse and repeat.
Reply Quote
Here's a good tip, and it works well for me.

I picked up 2, 1 handed crossbows (around 400-500 DPS) with over 200 life on hit each, it doesn't get the life leech nerf that inferno brings, and they shoot so fast, I dont lose any health. Takes longer to kill them then my 1200 dmg 2h does, but its worth it to not die.

Just keep them in your bag and switch to them when needed.
Edited by Pest#1202 on 5/31/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Cluster shot and smoke screen along with a little bit of patience
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]