Diablo® III

Authenticator Battery-how long does it last?

... before you have to get a new authenticator. Usually they are about four to five years before these type of things wear out/fail.

If you had one from WoW for a few years, Bli$$ard might be asking you to buy a new one soon.
Reply Quote
I doubt $6 every four to five years is going to break the bank of most players.
Reply Quote
Since blizz only charge you the cost I think thats fair.

I also had mine fail in the first year and blizz replaced it for free(good service).

Although I now use the mobile app.
Reply Quote
I've had mine going on almost 4 years now (got it from blizzcon 08). Still works, though I think the button might be a little worn because I have to push it in farther to get it to display. I'll just get the free one on my phone if it dies so no big deal.
Reply Quote
The key chain authenticators are pretty much sold at cost, and they offer a free smartphone alternative.

Not a huge fan of the auction house centerpiece they've created, but as far as Blizzard and authenticators are concerned, they're not making any profit off them. You can look 'em up if you don't believe.
Reply Quote
The Vasco Digipass GO 6, which appears to be what Blizzard is using for physical tokens has a listed battery life of 7 years by the manufacturer;

http://www.vasco.com/products/client_products/single_button_digipass/digipass_go6.aspx

love,
shmoo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]