Diablo® III

They did exactly what D2 players asked...

85 Undead Priest
And now all they hear are complaints. Did any of you people really play Diablo II, before the Lord of Destruction expansion?

They've been listening to players complain for years about how Uniques, Sets, and then Runewords made the game bland, because everyone was searching for and wearing the same items, and how it put such a final goal on the game. People have been asking for Blizzard to make high-rolled Rares better than Uniques for a long time. So that's what they did, and now people complain. What gives? Listening to the playerbase just seems like damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't.

People wanted Inferno to be hard. It was supposed to be an 'endgame' mode, something that would take months, if not years, to develop the skills and farm the gear to be able to beat it. That's what people asked for, that's what Blizzard delivered, and what do we hear? People expect to just cruise on through it, just equipping whatever they find on the first run like normal mode and beat it within a week.

People complained that the most efficient farming method in Diablo II was running bosses over and over, and that there was no reason to go explore the rest of the game. It was boring and repetitive, with little chance for what you wanted to drop, because you were looking for a specific item, and it had less than 0.01% chance to drop. So what does Blizzard do? Make random, challenging fights in random places through the game. Elite monsters and events, so you wouldn't get bored. And now people complain that scripted boss fights (while cool) should drop lots of good stuff every time you beat them? They want to just mindlessly farm the same thing for hours on end?

While you may disagree with the exact details on how Blizzard designed Diablo III or accomplished those goals, I don't see how anyone can complain that they haven't listened to their fans. If you've been paying any attention to the Diablo community over the past couple years, there should be no question as to why they did what they did: it's what people asked them to do.
90 Pandaren Priest
Complaining is the modern metagame.
Thank you, a refreshing post.
rephrase this please.

'People wanted Inferno to be hard. It was supposed to be an 'endgame' mode, something that would take months, if not years, to develop the skills and farm the gear to be able to beat it. That's what people asked for, that's what Blizzard delivered,'
I hit the "like" button on your post. Well said.
They're complaining because the first 3 difficulties were easy to cruise through, and they weren't able to cruise through Inferno the same way.

It is the final difficulty, so unless they do something crazy like add "Diablo" Difficulty, I'm happy with the hardest difficulty being ridiculous and requiring months of farming. Even the people complaining will still be here months down the road. For one, I am glad that I couldn't clear Diablo Inferno overnight. When a player says they've cleared acts, you know they did bosses-only, and that's not clearing, which makes their achievement system screwy.

People wanted Inferno to be hard. It was supposed to be an 'endgame' mode, something that would take months, if not years, to develop the skills and farm the gear to be able to beat it. That's what people asked for, that's what Blizzard delivered, and what do we hear? People expect to just cruise on through it, just equipping whatever they find on the first run like normal mode and beat it within a week.

Is kiting hard, or tedious? What skills are you referring to?
I like the rares , i liked Diablo2 (classic) where rares, gambles, imbues and crafts could be awesome and everyone was unique :p

I dont mind...I dont want everybody hooked up in the same legendary gear...

only thing thats bugging me is the damage income in inferno...sure they did this too make sure the content wouldn't be cleared too quickly..well it has..so now...nerf that !@#$..oneshots aint fun :p
05/28/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Orvain
Complaining is the modern metagame.

Truth.
05/28/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Nunnayo
I hit the "like" button on your post. Well said.

I hit the like button on YOUR post!

I want to thank you from deep, deep, deep within me for not just throwing a +1 post here and moving on.

OP, these forums are particularly bad if you want legitimate criticism or concerns over the game. When one vocal outrage group is quieted, another sprouts up. Don't get too invested in the posts here, especially when most of the threads are just a bunch of +1 after a post that appears to be from a well spoken individual but just contains a bunch of dribble behind good grammar and punctuation.
While you may disagree with the exact details on how Blizzard designed Diablo III or accomplished those goals, I don't see how anyone can complain that they haven't listened to their fans. If you've been paying any attention to the Diablo community over the past couple years, there should be no question as to why they did what they did: it's what people asked them to do.

So people actually asked for an AH/RMAH?
And people also asked for 4 man cap multiplayer?
And people definitely asked for online-only because hey, who doesn't have internet am I right?
Oh and people also asked for the specific storyline full of holes and whatnot?

Understand that the community gives suggestions yes, but at the end of the day it's Blizzard's ideas that get put in first then they might implement community ideas if they deem worthy.
Thank you OP. I have been saying this ever since launch. It is also worth mentioning that as much as people claim that 3 is much worse than 2, the forums were flooded with complaints when Diablo 2 launched.
Inferno was made for the best of the best.
If you guys keep complaining you will ruin this game the same way you ruined WoW.
I got to inferno in 1 week and found it very challenging. If i had downed inferno Diablo already, Diablo 3 would have been the worst 59 dollars i have ever spent.

I am finding Inferno much easier experiment with different specs and gear styles such as life regen.
This is how you progress through end game.
If your terrible at video games, just be content being a baby. Play Hell and farm Hell with your terrible gear because Blizzard did not make Inferno for you.
Finally. Besides when people are content... they don't complain. so everyone who asked for these changes from D2 are probably sitting at home happily slaying demons in D3. Howerver all the ppl who aren't happy with D3 are the ones on this forum complaining. D3 is great.... not perfect, but it just came out. I can't imagine playin D2 without all the patches and expansion. So give it time.... But i'm still pissed they remove the skill/stat point system. no point in replaying a class thats going to be the exact same every time

Is kiting hard, or tedious? What skills are you referring to?

If you're kiting you fail. Gear up and you shouldn't need to kite.
Great post and fully agree.
D2 is much more polished then D3, in terms of:
- map randomization
- item drop
- monsters AI
- the map is bigger (though some say no)
- 8 ppl gameplay, etc.

Did you really play Diablo II, before the Lord of Destruction expansion?
LOL
Edited by WingNow#1720 on 5/28/2012 9:34 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]