Diablo® III

does repeat crafting improve item quality?

thats a motto i see on game loading. is this correct?
Reply Quote
If you increase your skill level by purchasing the next level with gold then yes you can craft better gear.

If you craft the same piece of gear 5 times in a row, then no it does not get better. At least not from what I have seen with my own experience.
Reply Quote
any other experiences on the second point:

05/29/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Mog
If you craft the same piece of gear 5 times in a row, then no it does not get better. At least not from what I have seen with my own experience.
Reply Quote
Every time you craft it, the stats are rolled fresh, so repeat crafting can potentially give you a better item, doesnt mean it will though. Oh, and in the context of that tip, "item quality" does not refer to the color of the item, crafting a magic item does not have a chance to make a rare item instead, it simply refers to the quality of the affixes.
Reply Quote
I've been curious about that loading screen tip as well.

So, obviously the color stays the same, but do the affixes increase in value or do more rare affixes become more common?

That tip has to mean something.
Reply Quote
What the loading screen tip actually says is "Crafting the same item multiple times may yield better results. Every crafted item is different."

I wondered the same thing for a long time, til i finally took long enough to load that i could read the entire message.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 06:04 AMPosted by KnightMeppy
I wondered the same thing for a long time, til i finally took long enough to load that i could read the entire message.

Ah, gotcha, thanks. That was my problem as well. What a tease. :p
Reply Quote
I've been curious about that loading screen tip as well.

So, obviously the color stays the same, but do the affixes increase in value or do more rare affixes become more common?

That tip has to mean something.

It just mean that you have a chance of rolling something better. It's purely random.

this answers it
Reply Quote
"Crafting the same item multiple times may yield better results. Every crafted item is different."
to me this would mean that some items will improve with repeated crafting while others will not, but that they do no choose to let us know which can be improved and which ones cannot. maybe we should experiment with a number of items just to see.
Reply Quote
It would be nice if we knew the max stat potential of each item we can craft. If I craft a weapon that has +6 Strength, I'd like to know how good that weapon is compared to what I can actually craft. Obviously, if I'm using a +4 Strength weapon, I'd update my gear, but if I can potentially craft a weapon with +10 Strength then I'd keep trying until I least got close to max. This would also help take some of the gold out of the economy (i.e., making gold worth more) because people would continue to craft trying to get close to the perfect stat item.
Reply Quote
if you to to the game guide crafting page BS progression and hover over an item it will tell you some of the info you are looking for (like damage ranges).
Reply Quote
Its random, it doesnt matter if you crafted utter crap 5 times in a row, there is NOTHING that will affect the 6th or even the 60th craft.

The loading screen tip just refers to leveling your blacksmith and using plans to get better items to try and make.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Clardalan
thats a motto i see on game loading. is this correct?

No it doesn't. =(

I spent 200k just before the server came down tonight and all of the same items crafted I ended up salvaging it. =\
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 09:36 AMPosted by FaceTheSun
if you to to the game guide crafting page BS progression and hover over an item it will tell you some of the info you are looking for (like damage ranges).

Sweet, thx for the info. I normally stay away from all types of game guides until I play the game to its fullest, but this is something I'll have to have a look at haha.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]