Diablo® III

Chest runs/goblin vs bosses

Hello mighty demon hunters,

I am a little bit confused.

Farming since few days cydia and azmodan with 5 stacks.

There are like 2-3 yellows, and plenty blues.
99% is crap. And I mean real crap. Why is there still gear dropping <60?
Also the loot of champs/elites is bull!@#$ (and I am not talking about bad luck, I talk about items that doesn't belong to the end of act3).

On the other hand, a friend of mine is farming some spot in act4 and act3, just chests or goblins and he has less loot but more frequently really good loot (1million or more).

So the question I have is, why does the loot of azmodanand cydia is so low? I am sure blizzard has some "item level" that can drop there, and it sucks most of the time.

Why waste time with farming 5 stacks and slaying a boss if its better to just put on mf gear and looking for a chest?

I know how diablo works, but this seems to be unbalanced or at least unfair? You get a reward if you abuse the chest spawns?

Cheers

inb4 bad english
Reply Quote
I've been popping chests in act 4. Honestly.. It is REALLY boring and I have only had one amazing piece of gear drop, I've been doing this for 5-6 hours. I got one Xbow w 300 vitality and dexterity, but it's only like 700 dps(2h).

I feel you.
Reply Quote
I think you just are unlucky, i farmed for maby 40 min yestrday, and i got alot of decent yellows and legendary pants that went for 3 mil on ah. Just keep at it and make sure to stack magicfind.
Reply Quote
where in act 4 you find these chests? just random urns and !@#$ or some hotspot?
Reply Quote
Well its not only chests I get, I kill the packs aswell.

That might be it then.
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 05:43 AMPosted by spowe
where in act 4 you find these chests? just random urns and !@#$ or some hotspot?

There is some hotspot.

The rakanoth quest, the wp and there you are.
Reply Quote
rakanoth quest room? and what wp you mean?
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Spotsw00d
I think you just are unlucky, i farmed for maby 40 min yestrday, and i got alot of decent yellows and legendary pants that went for 3 mil on ah. Just keep at it and make sure to stack magicfind.

Well if I slay azmodan I am just happy when he dies (finishing him off when he starts the 2nd time the lava, really no time to put on mf gear :/

And as far as I know,mf gear improves the chance to find something magic.But if the item level of these items, its no difference if they are yellow or blue.

Thats my point actually :<
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 05:52 AMPosted by spowe
rakanoth quest room? and what wp you mean?

I don't know the name right now (in game with stacks :>), the wp close to rakanoth and there is an area with some impaled angels, chests (not always) and plenty glass things (vase? soz german here :>) .
Reply Quote
I go to act 4, the 1st terrace WP, on that WP there are chests, vases, weapon racks and other things. No mobs to kill, unless you aggro them.. It's kind of abusive, but after a few runs you realize how boring it is.. and it takes forever to get yellows..
Reply Quote
anyone done pony inf? how hard is it? should be the best place to farm at after all.. best to do solo or in team?
Reply Quote
IMO killing monsters is more then 1000x more fun then sneaking around opening chests and destroying jars. Obviously different people have different ideas of fun, but for me intense gameplay is more fun then warping in and out of waypoints.

The 15-20 rares and 60 blues I get in an hour is basically a bonus to the fun I'm having. Sure 95% of them are garbage worth less then 100k gold, but the 10 million value items more then makes up for it.
Reply Quote
IMO killing monsters is more then 1000x more fun then sneaking around opening chests and destroying jars. Obviously different people have different ideas of fun, but for me intense gameplay is more fun then warping in and out of waypoints.

The 15-20 rares and 60 blues I get in an hour is basically a bonus to the fun I'm having. Sure 95% of them are garbage worth less then 100k gold, but the 10 million value items more then makes up for it.

Yes I agree with you, thats why I also slay bosses.

But still, I feel its not really balanced in this aspect. :>

But good to know I am not the only one who sticks to the old school farming :>
Reply Quote
Only act 4 and pony land drop tier 16 items (the ones you want). act 3 inferno drop tier 15 and so forth. When farming anything but act 4 inferno the only items you want are the armour pieces and legendaries where getting a perfect roll of statuses is very very rare. In act 4 all items, even the blue ones have a good chance of selling high because weapons only need 1 or 2 prefixes (rolled stats).

Yes the farm before act 4 is tedious but that's what diablo 2 was about and I am happy it's what diablo 3 is about. I hate treasure plundering aswell as goblin farms but meh, it is what it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]