Diablo® III

FPS - A Letter To Blizzard

(Locked)

Dear Blizzard,

This letter is to inform you of the disgust that is building in my stomach about your reaction to the Mac FPS issues. Well, its not so much your reaction as it is your lack of, but I digress. As an intelligent individual, capable of rational thought, I completely understand that you are a major corporation undergoing a major title release and that your resources are exhausted. However, this game has been in development for too long to leave us in the dark, and to simply ignore me as a customer is appalling. I paid the same $59.99 that the PC users paid and I'm not asking for a patch within the next 24 hours, but I am asking for an official response letting me know, good or bad, what your next step will be. Trust me, I can handle it.

Sincerely,

Cheated, Robbed, and Abandoned.

P.S. Feel free to leave your own letter, the venting actually helps and I feel like an intelligent group response may turn more heads, just please keep it clean.
+1
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And... Ate a whole wheel of cheese?
Gosh I'm not even mad.. I'm stunned
90 Human Warlock
I believe they can't answer because they themselves don't know.
Took the words right out of my mouth… +1
62 Worgen Warrior
I know people have the right to be angry, but keep in mind that the issue has definitely been noted (see the sticky).

Fight the good fight, but don't bite the hand that feeds (and that goes both ways Blizzard).
Blizzard doesn't feed me, I feed Blizzard, we all do. There would be no Blizzard without us. Again, I'm upset about the lack of response and not the issue itself. I'm being extremely polite here and waiting patiently, I just feel like my voice should be heard.
+1
+37

I'm obviously not speechless about this (or I wouldn't have posted), but I am seriously in shock at their lack of concern after ripping off god knows how many Mac users.

I feel like this should be against the law somehow.

It's exactly like you said, I spent the same amount of money as all of the PC user's and our technical issues should get the same amount of concern and respect as theirs. I don't care how large a share of the market Mac user's are, if you don't plan on supporting them just like everyone else, then don't market your game as being able to run on it. Simple as that.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Blizzard please let your loyal Mac customers if you will fix this.
Or do we all need to buy Windows PCs to play Diablo 3?
87 Blood Elf Priest
Amen.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4927183409

Read the last point under "Macintosh" in this post.

It's not the best answer in the world, but at least their reviewing it. My guess is they're trying multiple fixes on multiple setups in order to figure this issue out. We have some players that get better performance in bootcamp, and others that don't. Some players are able to use a minor workaround http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149146707. That works for some, but not others.

Based on that alone, it looks like it's a lot deeper than we think.

As far as we know, it might be apple, not blizzard at fault for this issue too.

Edit: I'm not intending to be hostile here, just giving some feedback on the whole issue.
Edited by mrherg#1201 on 5/16/2012 10:17 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
I agree. All I want to know is if this issue is going to be resolved in the future. They don't have to fix it instantly, but I just want to KNOW if I will ever be able to play this game without extreme lag on my Mac.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Its utterly unplayable on my computer, and I meet every requirement...
Edited by Pallysaurus#1994 on 5/16/2012 10:28 PM PDT
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4927183409

Read the last point under "Macintosh" in this post.

It's not the best answer in the world, but at least their reviewing it. My guess is they're trying multiple fixes on multiple setups in order to figure this issue out. We have some players that get better performance in bootcamp, and others that don't. Some players are able to use a minor workaround http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149146707. That works for some, but not others.

Based on that alone, it looks like it's a lot deeper than we think.

As far as we know, it might be apple, not blizzard at fault for this issue too.

Edit: I'm not intending to be hostile here, just giving some feedback on the whole issue.

In response to your first link I have seen that, I think many of us are aware its listed there now, but that doesn't scratch the surface on that communication issue. In response to your second link, I tried that solution and posted in that thread previously. Your not coming across hostile, my effort is simply to express my disappointment and hope it gets heard.
Yeah... some sort of vague ETA or the like would go a long way. This is return-the-game bad, so if it looks like it's never going to get better, I'd just as soon go that route. Of course a lot of us are probably feeling that way, so it's in their best interest to string us along past the 30 days...
Blizzard Employee
We are aware that the FPS is really low with some video cards like the 9400 and below expectations on better cards. We are doing our best to find optimizations. We do not have numbers or a date but we are doing our best to alleviate the problem as soon as possible.
MVP - Technical Support
05/16/2012 11:02 PMPosted by S4d1k
We are aware that the FPS is really low with some video cards like the 9400 and below expectations on better cards. We are doing our best to find optimizations. We do not have numbers or a date but we are doing our best to alleviate the problem as soon as possible.

^that's as good as it gets right here.

Curious, would using opengl 3.2 go a long way in doing that? i often wonder just how much performance is being sacrificed on backwards compatability extentions and disregarding much newer GLSL or other extentions that are now availablein 10.7.4? (btw i get good performance on my mac pro, i'm just curious though)

Which btw, anyone still on 10.6.8 really should update to 10.7.4 as 10.6.8 only gets older and older by the day with no further apple updates, and 10.7 really did add a lot of new opengl stuff that's just ripe for the using :)
Edited by MysticalOS#1981 on 5/16/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Blizzard Employee
OpenGL 3.2, GLSL are features that we will use eventually and we hope to get better performance with them. We are currently looking for short term solutions that we can deliver to players as soon as possible.
90 Undead Warlock
05/16/2012 11:33 PMPosted by S4d1k
OpenGL 3.2, GLSL are features that we will use eventually and we hope to get better performance with them. We are currently looking for short term solutions that we can deliver to players as soon as possible.

thank you for the first reply that has made me feel a lil less regretful for buying this game.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]