Diablo® III

Who doesn't use a shield as WD?

I use a shield because I ve not found mojo that had interesting stats, I also found the shield more usefull to help tank the pet(s) and because a witch doctor seems fragile enough as it is already

Why use a mojo instead of shields and what stats does it have?
Reply Quote
More dps basically.
Reply Quote
I used a sheild until act 3 when my damage dwindled down to 175 which wasnt a lot. So i sacrficed my sheild, took gargantum and a wanag doll that increased my damage by about 50. I have enough armor without the sheild(600-700)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I don't use a shield currently and haven't in the past, either. Currently in A1 Nightmare. A rare mojo with interesting stats and a nice damage mod is a pretty fair damage boost.
Reply Quote
I'm using this....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/wrath-of-the-bone-king

My Version:
+3-10 damage
+10% Damage
+52 INT
+36 VIT
+1% Chance to crit
+1.9% chance to blind on hit

+12-24 damage (ruby gem)

On nightmare act 3, i'm hitting for 2.5-3k with dire bats, and up to 5k crits.
Edited by Nzo#1919 on 5/17/2012 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm purely a dps build so I go with 2 hand. I only need my pets to last as long as my firebats w/ SH can take a group down - which is like half a second. Single target I just kite with hands and dart them down. Easy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
you go with the better option; the right choice is what is better- as you progress shields are less helpful over mojo

remember mojo is a class specific item meant for us to use (and is typically built with WD helpful abilities)
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
I use +Vit gear instead of a shield. Then I can use a mojo guilt free.
Reply Quote
I used a shield for awhile until I got my first "Gold" Shrunken Head! The stats are insane! It gives +INT and Mana regeneration and like 4 others stats. I don't get hit all that much really, Have enought CC spells or Zombie dogs and my companion blocking mobs for me while I kill with Bats of death :p
Reply Quote
dude doesnt even have melee moves, how do u use that
Reply Quote
Ya I got a rare Mojo and its awesome.
Reply Quote
Mojo gives +damage. It seems like a tiny bit but if you look at how much it adds it usually increases your total DPS by 20 or 30%. Way better than a shield.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Odis
dude doesnt even have melee moves, how do u use that

A shield just adds block and armor. A good shield might give you 20-30% block and a nice armor boost.

I wonder how much a shield boosts your pet stats.
Reply Quote
If the pet's armour scales off your own, it could be well worth it. Using a shield is roughly the equivalent of wearing two and a half additional chest pieces, in terms of armour. For a pet-heavy build, or a tankish petless build, I could easily see it being worthwhile.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 03:36 PMPosted by TheJackal
If the pet's armour scales off your own, it could be well worth it. Using a shield is roughly the equivalent of wearing two and a half additional chest pieces, in terms of armour. For a pet-heavy build, or a tankish petless build, I could easily see it being worthwhile.
Yes, pet armor scales off of your own. Yes, shields are way more valuable for pet heavy builds. For other builds, a shield isn't needed at all.
Reply Quote
I've also chosen a twohanded weapon over anything else, it's just awesome damage. Got a rare Mace with 140 Dps or so (Act 3 NM) and my Dire Bats hit for 12k crit (5 soul harvest stacks).

Don't know if I ever gonna use a Dagger and Mojo again...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]