Diablo® III

Achievement Silliness - Madness Contained

85 Blood Elf Priest
So I was thinking about how to get this achievement, The Madness Contained (Spend 150 hatred and 50 Discipline in 6 seconds), and I think I've got a set up that should work, however the achievement isn't popping for me.

First of all, you need elective mode on. Then you set your 1 to be Companion, 2 to be Preparation, and your Right click to be Spike Trap. Then, you put the passive skill Vengeance on, which raises your Hatred to 150. All you need to do is cast companion and spike trap 5 times in 6 seconds, And they can be cast at the same time and there's no cooldown for either. You need to cast Preparation as you'll run out of discipline after 3 casts of companion, so essentially it boils down to:

1) Hold Right Click
2) Hit 1 1 2 1 1 1

Which should be 150 Hatred and 50 Discipline, and it should be able to be done within 6 seconds. I've also experimented with speeding it up by using Shadow Power and smoke screen, still not working. Anyone have any ideas how to get this achievement?
Reply Quote
Great job finding this build! Im at work or else I'd try it.

Side note of sympathy for you though: I tried to do the olympian achievement with preparation before I had the tumble rune. It never worked or gave it to me. Once I got tumble and just spammed it in town it didn't work either.

2 hours later, I spam it in town again and I get the achievement.

I think its a little buggy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Same thing happened for me, whenever I was running from place to place I would do Vault Vault Vault Vault Prep Vault Vault, it eventually popped and I figured I just was doing it too slow. I'll just keep doing the combo whenever I'm taking a break from demon slaying and see if it eventually works, until a better idea comes along.
Reply Quote
I know I've spent the 150 Hatred and 50 Discipline in time :) But it doesn't give it.

What I did was use Cluster Arrow at 50 Hatred a shot and spammed Companion, using Prep between. Alas, no achievement..
Reply Quote
Glad I'm not the only one having trouble with this.

I used cluster arrow instead of spike trap; however, I can't get the achievement either.. it hasn't been taking me 6 seconds.

*edit* By the way, I use cluster on right click, sentry on 1, companion on 2, and prep on 3. Hold down right click 1/2 at the same time, hit 3, spam 1/2
Edited by WNxKurai#1518 on 5/18/2012 10:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same issue for me. Won't give me achievement. :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Edited by Cigosa#1352 on 5/19/2012 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got this today. Use Grenadier with cluster bombs and the Multishot w/supression fire on the first fight of Act 4 Hell mode. Got it first try.
Reply Quote
This is not working for me either.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It worked perfectly for me
Reply Quote
I did this today without even knowing in hell mode fighting packs with smoke screen and prep with the cd reset rune and my lightning balls. I was just like ooh alright haha.
Reply Quote
I was having the same difficulty as posters above, but I think I found a quick fix solution. I could not get the achievement to pop even though I was clearly besting the time, so I:

1.) Left the game
2.) Started a new game
3.) Attempted the achievement right away

It immediately pop'd the first time I tried. I hope that helps somebody.
Reply Quote
I tried this. :) I got it on my first try. Thx alot Aeranei! :)
Reply Quote
I did it today on accident. Was just spamming my Ball Lightning and kept SS/Prep constantly being used. I didn't know the achievement existed before I got it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Tried the leave and start a new game thing and got it first try :D thanks.
Reply Quote
I did this achievement with the following setup:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#jPkTgV!b

Hold Shift, press 1 2 and 3 at the same time, use Preparation, and then use Mark of Death to top off the required 50 Discipline. You of course should be firing Cluster Arrow during this; it only takes three shots.
Reply Quote
Logging out and back in worked for me too! Thanks for the tip
Reply Quote
Worked perfectly, thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]