Diablo® III

Widowmakers vs Spined Dart?

86 Night Elf Hunter
Just curious. I recently hit 33 and finally swapped to Widowmakers from using Spined Dart(Not using Splinters since I was doing decent damage on my own and also primarily providing support/AoE to my GF who was playing Wizard) and found that when using the spiders I was consistently low on mana. I was tossing them out every few seconds, just like I did with the Spined Dart but it still seemed the Dart was giving far more mana back in the long run.

Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? Is it just less effective(For mana return that is, ignoring the ability to "block" mobs) or am I completely screwing something up?
Reply Quote
I've been swapping between the two but I honestly can't tell which is better. I do know that spiders can stick around and cause pathing issues for mobs, but Spined Dart offers higher upfront damage and is easier to use when moving around. Another issue with the spiders is that they come out very slow. If you're using a slow weapon, fighting moving mobs, or playing with a group that kills things very fast, the spiders lose their effectiveness. In all honesty, I don't even think the mana gain from either ability is significant enough to warrant the inclusion. I'd rather use a higher DPS rune and wait for my mana to naturally regenerate, or for my Spirit Walk (Honored Guest) CD to come back up again. Perhaps things will change as the rate of mana return scales with my level, but for now I think I'll pass on both.
Reply Quote
I think if you're doing a leech build, spiders are not your pick. Spiders aren't bad without leaping, but I really feel that the leaping rune is what makes them truly effective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]