Diablo® III

Elemental Arrow - Ball Lightning overpowered?

I like it in small spaces, like the sewers of act 2. Otherwise, there are better options.
Reply Quote
Frost arrow/multishot is what I'm using with the damage buff to snared targets passive. As well as hungering with shattershot
Reply Quote
Too slow did not use.
Reply Quote
On top of its high damage relative to the hatred cost, ball lightning is extremely useful for kiting groups of mobs as you dont even have to hit anything - just fire in general direction of mobs, even if they're off-screen, and it will take care of everything.
Reply Quote
I've been using Ball Lightning for AOE and impale with the bleed for single target. I love ball lightning solely for the fact that I can aggro a room, run back behind the door, hide around the corner and shoot the balls at an angle into the room killing everything as it tries to follow me into the choke point of the door.
Reply Quote
I've been using Ice arrow with cull and it does sexy damage after the initial slow.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
idk this guy from asia seems to like lightning ball, hes soloing inferno
http://www.twitch.tv/erickwok1020/b/318607713
Reply Quote
OP skill is so op plz nerf it and reduce hatred needed for clluster shot
Reply Quote
The nice thing I like about Ball Lightning is when you get Immunity Shield packs in doors. It helps get the few that drop shield occasionally in the packs.

I guess the only alternative in that scenario would be Impale with the penetration rune.

=/
Reply Quote
idk this guy from asia seems to like lightning ball, hes soloing inferno
http://www.twitch.tv/erickwok1020/b/318607713

Can't say I'm surprised: Insane kiting capacity coupled with very low hatred cost and relatively high damage.
Reply Quote
I'm inclined to say yes because I used it for a while and found the game to be boring since it seemed to handle just about everything far too easily. :/ I think it's the fact positioning becomes non-issue with it. There aren't many DH skills you can just fire off and run away while it does max damage.

Hm.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 5/18/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
please dont nerf lightning ball. DH already lack choices of good aoe skills atm..
....wizard on the other hand
Reply Quote
Side note.

Ball lightning doesn't do 310% damage. It strikes targets twice (optimally) for a total of 155%.

Which is why it's so fail on Inferno.

05/17/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Syn
Ball Lightning is only good on Normal.

http://www.twitch.tv/erickwok1020

Don't make such blanket statements.
Edited by San#1821 on 5/18/2012 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No. The damage drops off for some reason. I was using it for a long time, but started trying other stuff and realized that 10% dmg diff. from razer chakram and Multishot equates to 1000s of damage somehow.

Like current testing I just did. My ball lighting crits in the 6k range. Razer and Multi crit in the 12.5-14.5 range. I dont have any extra crit dmg but archery, and multi was fire at will and lightning dmg too.

Well a couple things. Multi, even runed for less hatred, still costs 10 more hatred than Lightning Ball. Razor Disk may or may not hit twice, but Lightning Ball always should unless they move away from it. Which...they often will. Don't mistake this post for a pro-Lightning Ball one, just trying to explain the numbers you see. Finally, Lightning Ball, obviously is Lightning Damage. So is Multi with FAW, but Razer is Arcane. So possibly you hit resistant enemies?

Still, I think it has its place. I like shooting Lightning Balls into doorways with rooms full of mobs trying to funnel out...then again I kinda love Frost Arrow in those situations, too. I think everything has its use depending on the area you're in, the mobs you're fighting, and the other support skills you're using. It's one of the reasons you see such mixed opinions.
Edited by Raijinvince#1953 on 5/18/2012 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL the noobs that claim Ball Lightning is only good on normal are just... LOL

I'd like to see THEM solo Inferno with THEIR superior build... LOL
Reply Quote
I just solo'ed act 1 inferno, it's actually a lot easier then most people assume. Should actually go try it instead of listening to Blizzard's "need to grind hell before inferno" stuff.

My DH only has 18k HP, which is enough even with my terrible control (D3 is my first action-RPG). Smoke screen basically saves you from anything, so you can probably just use whatever DPS/AoE abilities you want.
Reply Quote
I just solo'ed act 1 inferno, it's actually a lot easier then most people assume. Should actually go try it instead of listening to Blizzard's "need to grind hell before inferno" stuff.

My DH only has 18k HP, which is enough even with my terrible control (D3 is my first action-RPG). Smoke screen basically saves you from anything, so you can probably just use whatever DPS/AoE abilities you want.

But you're a Masters League SC2 player :( Your 'terrible control' must be leaps and bounds better than the rest of us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]