Diablo® III

Socket Count and Sacrifice

I was wondering if anyone on the forums knew of a place where I might find the max socket count on different types of items and if there were any sacrifices to having a socket, as in is a socket considered a "magic property" when the item is created?

I saw an awesome chest with 3 socket slots on the AH, but the primary stats were crap.
Reply Quote
I didn't even know that 3-socket items existed. Cool!
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 10:07 AMPosted by USSMidway
I didn't even know that 3-socket items existed. Cool!

I was also unaware of this! Thats awesome!

And to address the OP, I have no idea, but I would assume that the socket counts as a property but I would hope the opposite! :)
Reply Quote
Bump ... any info on this in the strategy guide?
Reply Quote
Thats what i thought as well, that a socket counted as a random property, so essentially you can have up to 6 sockets in an rare level 60 item
Reply Quote
I was wondering if anyone on the forums knew of a place where I might find the max socket count on different types of items and if there were any sacrifices to having a socket, as in is a socket considered a "magic property" when the item is created?

I saw an awesome chest with 3 socket slots on the AH, but the primary stats were crap.

I have rolled sockets before on items and it does take up a magic property slot. I was rolling a helm and it had +4 magic properties. it came out with 3 and a socket
Reply Quote
And you're absolutely sure that you didn't just roll twice on another property that increased its potency?
Reply Quote
Still no definitive answer on this? :(

Anyone have any proof one way or the other?
Reply Quote
I experienced the same thing as what MikeF1r3 experienced. So I'm guessing a socket counts as a magic property (from crafting). :(
Reply Quote
What we could do is pool data to find out the truth. Every time someone finds an item with a socket, we could post the stats.
Reply Quote
As a few others have said the sockets count as a stat. i have so far got 3 chest drops with 3 sockets. and each with only 1 other base stat. I would not be so certain that you would be able to get say 6 sockets on a rare because they have 6 stats purely because i don't see them being able to physically fit 6 little images of sockets on an item, but i guess only time will tell.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Multiple sockets on items only takes up 1 Magical Property.
Check this link for Bashiok post on this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235704764?page=2#new-post

But Helm and Weapons I dont think can have multiple sockets because of how much %Life the Flawless Star Amethysts and the +MinDMG/+MaxDMG the Flawless Star Rubys have. Just think it would be overpowered
Reply Quote
Multiple sockets on items only takes up 1 Magical Property.
Check this link for Bashiok post on this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235704764?page=2#new-post

But Helm and Weapons I dont think can have multiple sockets because of how much %Life the Flawless Star Amethysts and the +MinDMG/+MaxDMG the Flawless Star Rubys have. Just think it would be overpowered

Pretty sure the part about the helmet is not true. I've had a helmet with 2 sockets before. Not sure about the weapons though.
Reply Quote
ohh a helm with 2 sockets........ i want 1 bad
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]