Diablo® III

Best Templar gear/stats?

90 Night Elf Druid
So... what are the best stats for my Templar? I can't find anything very helpful on the internet except for the sites that want me to pay for it. Right now he has a mix of intelligence (relic) and strength, but in all honesty I really have no idea which one he needs.

- What are his best 1-handers?
- What is his #1 stat?
- Is he better as a tank or healer?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I use my templar mainly as a healer with good armor and vitality so he could survive longer.
Reply Quote
my templar dies vs every Mob pull so iv switched him out for the enchantress :P

BUFF THE TEMPLAR!!
Reply Quote
I only just finished normal difficulty with the templar the whole time, and it seems that his damage output is absolutely abysmal. I did try stacking some strength on him, and got him the best 1-hander I could find, but he still sucked.
So I just pumped his vitality a bit and let him "tank" some mobs, and I worry about doing the nuking myself. I play as wizard btw.
Reply Quote
So faar, with the heal spells and auto regen, he's been a great little pocket med-kit for my Wiz. And he's good at spotting and chasing down random mobs. His main stat is Str, so I just give him whatever items boost that and Vit plus the best defensive shields to keep him up. he's actually survived pretty well and his emergency heal has saved my hide more than once.
Reply Quote
I just got him but I am trying to build a healer
Reply Quote
as a WD, i use the templar as a free aoe stun. his dmg will never be great, but if u give him some vitality, u can sue him as a tank fairly effectively
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4857225713
Reply Quote
Ive watched the templar now that im in normal but id id make all his abilities help me as a barbarian tank things, so hes the best healer i have. But on his own against just the first little ghouls in act 1 on nightmare being level 34-36 he can seem to tank 1 at a time, but he takes forever to kill them.

I make sure to stack vitality and anything that will help him heal himself since he does get caught by groups of enemies and will get killed at times. I will not stack anything like strength or crit chance unless i dont have the option not to.

He also can add to your MF using a shield which i love, so at times ive stacked MF using rings and a shield and hes done fine as long as i stick close. I also just switched to using the buff you and your allies ability to get +20% armor i think it is which is very nice.

If you havent spec'ed him as a healer and hes doing terrible i hope you spec'ed one of the other 2 followers to aid you rather than deal damage. I hear ppl like the enchantress a lot but i prefer the scoundrel since he seems to help distract and "debuff" my enemies.
Reply Quote
at lvl 60, in inferno my templar is awesome as f**k, almost never dies (act 2 he dies to wasps)
ive gimped his damage for survival stats and he just charges in ahead of me and tanks mobs blocking all projectiles from hitting me. stunning and healing away.

he is pretty damn OP imo.
Reply Quote
Yeah he is definitely OP but the more people say that the sooner they might nerf him making him under powered. Thats what i hate about MMOs and hope to god doesnt happen on diablo... but knowing blizzard im not keeping my hopes too high. I just pray they dont nerf him.

But in all honesty if i wanted to max out my combat effectiveness i would not go into battle without him.

I did notice he charges in which made me realize im very glad i am not focusing at all on damage and only defense for him.
Reply Quote
Templars are tanks, with only healing abilities as an emergency.

STATS
You should stack vitality with off stat strength to make him survive longer. Vitality adds health which he needs in nightmare and higher. Strength adds armor so he can mitigate more of the damage.

Weapons
Gear with status effects:
(stun, fear, confuse, slow, chill, poison, burn)

Shield
Again look for status effects

DO NOT STACK INT, although he seems like a good healer stacking int will do nothing for the character.

If you did all of these things he can play a very helpful role in interrupting hard enemies while surviving and tanking.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Templars are tanks, with only healing abilities as an emergency.

STATS
You should stack vitality with off stat strength to make him survive longer. Vitality adds health which he needs in nightmare and higher. Strength adds armor so he can mitigate more of the damage.

Weapons
Gear with status effects:
(stun, fear, confuse, slow, chill, poison, burn)

Shield
Again look for status effects

DO NOT STACK INT, although he seems like a good healer stacking int will do nothing for the character.

If you did all of these things he can play a very helpful role in interrupting hard enemies while surviving and tanking.

Every 4 points of int adds 1 resist all for the templar. Every 1 point of strength adds 2.5 armor. Every point of vit adds 87.5 HP. Int is by far the weakest, and since you don't have enough stats to hit diminishing returns, I also don't suggest stacking int, but int is not a bad stat at all to have.
Reply Quote
52 Worgen Priest
Well, I have finished regular level, again, on a barbarian and the second time around I only used the Templar.

I pumped him with Str and Vit and the strongest weapons and shield, other items and we only died twice starting from front to back.

I think his heals and ability to take a swarm of mobs and leaving me to be able to pick out where to fight and what to fight and to grab globes as needed, made him very effective. I'm now deciding what toon to play next and I'll have him with me.

Now as far as moving up to Hell, etc. I'll try him out and if I change my mind, I'll let you know.
Reply Quote
Weapon: Azurewrath w/ high freeze & IAS
Off-hand: VIT Stormshield
Rings: STR Oculus Ring & another w/ some combo of STR/VIT/AR/Life %?
Amulet: Same as rare ring
Relic: STR/VIT/AR/Block % (life regen is gravy)

That's the setup I use on my Templar (for most of my high level chars). He won't die on MP6 unless I leave him in a horde of 20+ Risen Dead. :]
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569307848
Reply Quote
I used Templar to help my WD beat Inferno MP10 Butcher in solo game (the hardest monster in this game for WD to solo). Without Templar, I wouldn't be able to beat the Butcher with my WD.

Here's what I had for the Templar:

Azurewrath + Stormshield

Skills: Heal, Loyalty, Charge, Inspire

Azurewrath's freeze + Charge + stun from Bruiser = 80%+ of the time freeze for the Butcher during the fight

- Loyalty helped boost my overall health regen to survive that ground fire

- Inspire is absolutely needed for mana regen to do unlimited Plague Bats AND do Horrify+resummon dogs at the same time. Without it I would run out of mana during the battle and die. (4-piece Zunimassa set will only cover the mana regen required for Plague Bats, but not for anything else)
Edited by GGyouLOSE#1689 on 5/21/2013 12:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am using the Templer and he never dies (I, blush, have a few times). I am in Nightmare level, about level 35, and treat his equipment with the same priority as my own. I haven't got into AH, yet, but using crafts have some pretty good equipment. My biggest problem is space, I already spent 100k for a second page.

My char is a Wizard and my style is to kill quickly with explosions. It might not work for multiplayer but it makes the battles very quick, up close and personal, so the Templar doesn't have time to die. I have been using him for positioning only when fighting bosses, but I have noticed he is taking out a significant number of foes lately, sometimes more than I do.
Reply Quote
I tried a few different combinations of gear for templar...
The dmg is still not that high.
Scoundrel (with manticore), enchantress (w/ skorn) can easily go over 10k dps.
I have a scoundrel at 25k dps, enchantress at 15k as i remember.
(i basically geared all followers on my toons...welcome to take a look)

The templar I like most so far is the one with my WD.
He has over 110k hp, good LoH

...and he still die at times.

I am using the Templer and he never dies (I, blush, have a few times). I am in Nightmare level, about level 35, and treat his equipment with the same priority as my own. I haven't got into AH, yet, but using crafts have some pretty good equipment. My biggest problem is space, I already spent 100k for a second page.

My char is a Wizard and my style is to kill quickly with explosions. It might not work for multiplayer but it makes the battles very quick, up close and personal, so the Templar doesn't have time to die. I have been using him for positioning only when fighting bosses, but I have noticed he is taking out a significant number of foes lately, sometimes more than I do.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 6/6/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Inspect my Templar on my WD. Hes like a Tank and HELPS soo much when my friends are not on. He has over 35% block rate and 60k life, etc. I've heard an enchantress with Maximus is viable but the Templar CORRECTLY skilled with good str/vit and block % is the best way to go.

I need to upgrade the gems in him but as it is hes pretty darn beast and helps alot.

*I ONLY USE WHEN MY FRIENDS ARE ON, I DONT PLAY PUBLIC*

WHY? bc 99% of public games contain 1 or 2 trolls that pretend to be helping but only have 100k dps and are leeching. Finding good friends to play with and using a Templar is the best route I.M.O.

But to each their own :-)

GL, Dopes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]