Diablo® III

Lenovo Nvidia Quadro 1000M

90 Night Elf Priest
I am using a Lenovo W520 laptop with the NVIDIA Optimus Quadro 1000M graphics card. If I run the card in Optimus mode, which is set in the BIOS, the game will launch one time and run great. Upon exiting and trying to start again is when I have problems.

The game gets to a black screen with all of the background music playing. It sounds like it is reaching the login screen but is unable to display anything. If I exit the game, and reset game preferences in the launcher I am able to get the game to load without any issues. I have to do this every time I want to play the game if I leave it with Optimus settings.

If I switch the video settings over to Discrete Graphics in the BIOS, so that it is only using the NVidia Quadro 1000M graphics processor I can load the game without any issues every time. I have not experienced the issue with the machine since I switched it to dedicated graphics.

It seems like the game has a problem when the system tries to switch from the onboard Intel graphics processor to the NVidia Quadro processor after the initial login.

Figured there might be a few people here that could use the information, and possibly get a fix from Blizzard in the same vein.
Reply Quote
I have same problem, any solution?
Reply Quote
I'd have to say it's probably a issue with the driver handling switching seamlessly between the intergrated graphics and the Quattro.

A Core i5 2500k custom built desktop had a similar problem when I tried IGP/PCI mode in the BIOS.

Problems were fixed, however, once I switched it to PCI only mode.

The Quattro will probably suck the battery life out of the machine, but you should be playing Diablo and all other core pc games plugged in with the Max Preformance option set on under power management options in Control Panel.

I'd file a bug report with Nvidia and wait for them to release driver updates for Diablo 3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]