Diablo® III

Just got D3, rolling DH. Confused abt skills!

Is leveling skills in D3 not similar to D2? Pardon my ignorance; just got the game.

I see most high level builds require you to be at a certain level to unlock them. As I played through the first 30 mins of the game, I had the option of putting a skill point in Entangling Shot and Impale so far. Now my question is... if I unlock these skills, will the points go to waste as I wait to level up to unlock the skills I actually want (for example, Bola Shot at Level 11 or Chakram at 12)? Or should I feel free to unlock any and all skills as I meet their eligibility level?
Reply Quote
It's not like D2 where you had to save skill points to unlock & buff the skills you really wanted. You're free to unlock skills as soon as they become available, and switch them around willy-nilly as you advance and unlock new skills.
Reply Quote
You are able to change skills and runes whenever you like. As you level up you unlock new runes and new skills, although new runes and new skills arent always the best things to use right away with your build
Reply Quote
So are you still able to level up the skills you like (as in D2, where they went up to '20' if I remember correctly)? What's the factor that makes certain skills level up as compared to others which aren't used?

Still haven't come across the concept of runes, so not even sure what they are yet :) Downloaded the digital copy and haven't gone through the manual yet...
Reply Quote
You don't level up any skills. You just unlock them as you level. Runes are just variations of the skills, each one doing something different.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]