Diablo® III

The only viable DH build: PMS

Preparation
Multishot w/ Suppression
Smoke Screen

From now on, whenever you invent the best DH build in the world, I'm going to come in and read it, it's going to be PMS, and now I can just say PMS and you know what I'm talking about.
Reply Quote
multishot, lol. Why not stick bola on your LM and save yourself a full ability slot for marked of death the best ability in the game?
Reply Quote
Because then it wouldn't be PMS, noob.

But no seriously, try multishot.
Reply Quote
From experience: PMS is pretty OP. My wife crits me using that all the time.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
What rune do you use for Preparation? Not going to lie, I'm only using this build because it's called PMS
Reply Quote
Female DH with PMS is a blow
Reply Quote
Their seems to be a going trend here. I discovered PMS on my own after being bored with Twin Chakrams and the lightning ball.

Although PMS is the foundation to a ranged DH build I believe Impale is also very useful, you can stun-lock bosses man and it doubles as a single target DPS.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Itchee
From experience: PMS is pretty OP. My wife crits me using that all the time.

i died laughing this is my spirit typing this lol i enjoyed that very much ty =)
Reply Quote
No question about the P and the S, but Multi Shot is THAT great. Its good for its use, but I dont really think it helps on the part of the game that matters.

You can use any number of things to kill lots of weak mobs. Multi Shot may be the best tool for it, but who cares that part of the game is easy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
05/19/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Darken
You can use any number of things to kill lots of weak mobs. Multi Shot may be the best tool for it, but who cares that part of the game is easy.

Particularly in Hell difficulty, elite packs with the Horde or Illusionist affixes make Multishot worthwhile. It's also useful for dealing with Invulnerable Minions when they're forming a wall in front of the champion.

I used a PMS build with Impale for single targets all the way through Hell. Great build.

Also, highly recommend the Arsenal rune for Multishot once it becomes available.
Reply Quote
Why Suppression Fire instead of Fire at Will?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
05/19/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Prometheus
I'm on Inferno, and... Am I the only one who finds Suppression Fire...well...awful?

Agreed. It's good in some situations, but I've found it best to use runes that increase the damage output for Multishot. I rely on gear to increase my discipline pool.
Reply Quote
Gloom on the lifesteal buff makes a lot of Hell elites' damage obsolete, which is cool if you can't outrun them or they have nasty CC
Edited by Iamawalrus#2142 on 5/19/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Particularly in Hell difficulty, elite packs with the Horde or Illusionist affixes make Multishot worthwhile. It's also useful for dealing with Invulnerable Minions when they're forming a wall in front of the champion.

I used a PMS build with Impale for single targets all the way through Hell. Great build.

Also, highly recommend the Arsenal rune for Multishot once it becomes available.

You are missing my point. For the elite packs there are better things to use than Multishot. I think Screaming Skull was much better as I progressed through hell. I tried both.

For big groups of weak mobs, a well timed and placed Fan of Knives is almost always enough to make up for anything EA may have missed.
Edited by Darken#1256 on 5/19/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Iamawalrus
Gloom on the lifesteal buff makes a lot of Hell elites' damage obsolete, which is cool if you can't outrun them or they have nasty CC

Or you could just use SS and have 100% damage reduction and ignore the CC. If you could use both I think Gloom would be good, but you cant use both so you have to choose.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
05/19/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Darken
You are missing my point. For the elite packs there are better things to use than Multishot. I think Screaming Skull was much better as I progressed through hell. I tried both.

Well my go-to elite killer is Impale. Just saying that against certain affixes Multishot can be quite effective.
Reply Quote
I PMS'd all the way to Inferno Act II, except my M had Fire at Will.
Reply Quote
Yeah I agree I am just saying I dont think Multishot is THAT amazing, because the areas it excels at arent really that serious. Its obviously not a bad ability.
Reply Quote
multishot isn't very good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]