Diablo® III

The only viable DH build: PMS

I prefer Impale with overpenetration to Multi
Reply Quote
No grenades.

Noep.
Reply Quote
Grenades are optional. People can pick their own 4th skill, left mouse, and right mouse. It's all PMS.
Reply Quote
My own PMS has Marked for Death, Puncturing Hungering, and Caltrops. But everyone has their own flavor.
Reply Quote
Try Chakrams with arcane power rune. Much better than multishot in my opinion.

Also, I've not heard much about rain of vengeance. Try taking the stampede rune, it's great for elite packs and works wonders with chakrams.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 09:17 AMPosted by NodeUK
multishot, lol. Why not stick bola on your LM and save yourself a full ability slot for marked of death the best ability in the game?

best ability in the game? Hmm you'll have to justify that.
Edited by Wozza#1463 on 5/19/2012 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Multishot is not good at all IMO or at least not the best you can get.

This is my build and clearing nightmare nicely

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#cRXeVT!bYe!bZZbZZ

I think i just replace chacrams with marked for death
Reply Quote
Only viable!!!!
Reply Quote
Multishot is not good at all IMO or at least not the best you can get.

This is my build and clearing nightmare nicely

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#cRXeVT!bYe!bZZbZZ

I think i just replace chacrams with marked for death

Agreed, multishot is actually bad. Sure, it does good AoE dmg for 6 shots, but that isn't going to kill anything in hell/inferno. Then you're left hatred starved. Meanwhile I can pump out 10x the Frost Arrows and do 10x the DPS that multi can. This isn't D2 people.
Reply Quote

Or you could just use SS and have 100% damage reduction and ignore the CC. If you could use both I think Gloom would be good, but you cant use both so you have to choose.

Why can't you use both?
Reply Quote
What runes do you use on preparation and smoke screen?
Reply Quote
Behemecoatyl: usually Lingering Fog and Battle Scars. And I take Nightstalker.

Btw, based on all the multishot skeptics ITT I am going to try to find other ways of generating discipline and seeing if anything else works. So far I haven't found anything I like more but I am still trying.

PMS is still king for me right now.
Reply Quote
Teknical can i see your actual build?
Reply Quote
OR what the build for PMS is?
Reply Quote
I dont have any problems with hatred or really seldom.I can use preparation to restore it and vengence gives some extra if i take health globe.Thats the reason i removed primary skill. I am going to try marked for death with mortal enemy. Multishot considering how much hatred takes is useless.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 09:17 AMPosted by NodeUK
multishot, lol. Why not stick bola on your LM and save yourself a full ability slot for marked of death the best ability in the game?

Because you don't use multishot for the AoE damage, you use it for the Discipline regen.
Reply Quote
If you have a good enough crossbow and plenty of crit damage increases, try a Grenadier build.

I'm in Hell act 3 atm, and my cluster bombs one shot normal packs of enemies and chunk stronger foes for 10-28k per bomb. Grenades crit for up to 11k each, too. Soloing is a breeze even though my only CC is Rain of Vengeance: Stampede, and in groups i absolutely melt everything.

Of course, I also use Smoke Screen and Preparation to keep myself alive, along with Vault: Acrobatics for those oh !@#$ moments. But damn, do my grenades hurt; people are always shocked when the ysee me wipe out massive groups instantly.
Reply Quote
Yeah I've been using the Preparation/Punishment and Multishot/Suppression Fire, messing around with different builds. Right now I'm using Caltrops and Grenades, trying to get out the fast Multishot attacks and then finish off the mobs by kiting and using Cluster Grenades. Right now the biggest problems are facing the champion mobs in packs of 3 or less, I think I'm going to go with Impale and try to kite with that.

After trying out several other abilities and using Grenades, I think Grenades are really underrated. What I was doing all throughout Nightmare was I had Grenades with Tinkerer rune as my right click, and I would hold it down while spamming Multishot with the Fire at Will rune. They would alternate perfectly and it would really take a long time to actually run out of Hatred. I think I might possibly go back to that build and try the Grenadier passive that goes along with it.

Since I'd be going with the Grenadier passive, I might test out the effectiveness of Cluster Arrow with the Dazzling Arrow rune. Reducing the Hatred cost by 10 means I could get off 3 shots, and I would be generating 8 Hatred per use of the Grenades, especially useful if it hits the 2 second stun. The kiting would go something like: Lay Caltrops(with Torturous Ground rune), fire Cluster Arrow, lay Caltrops again, spam Grenades, fire Cluster Arrow, lay Caltrops, spam Grenades, fire Cluster Arrow, over and over again. You may even have time to get in additional Cluster Arrows, especially if you can recognize the stuns quickly and react.

It's just theorycrafting. I like Grenades a lot, I'm going to find a good build for them, I'm just working on finding the best synergies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Can I get a link to an actual PMS build? Something current please. Would like to see what runes are being used. I'm in NM and having a hard time with some packs. Level 36 so that may hinder my access to some runes. My biggest trouble is survival. I can do damage, but the build I'm using http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bcYjfP!Ycd!aZbZbZ is pretty nice for when I have a tank. Thanks.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 01:26 AMPosted by Nekrosis
Can I get a link to an actual PMS build? Something current please. Would like to see what runes are being used. I'm in NM and having a hard time with some packs. Level 36 so that may hinder my access to some runes. My biggest trouble is survival. I can do damage, but the build I'm using http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bcYjfP!Ycd!aZbZbZ is pretty nice for when I have a tank. Thanks.

What's your HP? I had the same problem. You're not going to help your survival much by altering your runes heh. I had to go on the AH and stack vitality and then I was fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]