Diablo® III

Blizzard, Witch Doctor requires a hotfix.

Now let me start off by saying, i know that u can clear up to inferno easily with certain builds and once in inferno it requires you to kite alot.
But it's not about that.

The build that im personally using http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fkUdjQ!ZVU!caZZYY
Build is self-explanatory.
When in grp switch Jungle fortitude for Bad medicine, for Diablo switch MC for Bruiser Garg (not impossible without it but makes it so much easier).

But more OT.
Blizzard stated plenty of times how many gazillion possible builds that there are.
Wich concerning the WD is a lie, period.

-Zombie dogs are useless starting in NM, even with Jungle Fortitude + Bad Medicine + Zombie Handler wich is afterall 40% dmg reduction & 20% more hp.

Im laughing at anyone who say's that they are good for sacrifice or in general to keep mobs busy, go ahead and try the build above (or similar ones) then come back.

-Fetish Army : 2m cd to have weak minions fight for 20seconds. With the same passive as noted previously + BBV to heal/buff them, they die in 1-2 hits from the first zombies in inferno. To add insult to injury the damage is a joke.

Now compare that to other 2m cd abilities, barb becomes godlike or blows up the screen by dealing 2000% wpn dmg, Wizard becomes godlike and blows up the screen.

One if not the biggest issue that makes so many builds or skills worthless is our resource, mana.
We have too little of it, and it regens way too slow.

The fact remains, builds requires: (keep in mind necessary as in avoiding having to kite 90% of the time and/or having to play at a snail pace, and having to be carried trough the game by other group members)
-Soul harvest, necessary to deal decent dmg and selfheal.
-Spirit walk, necessary to survive and good way to regain some mana back.
-Big Bad Voodoo, great with slam dance or ghost trance rune, arguably with jungle drums.
Awesome for soloplay, necessary if in group and you want to actually contribute to the grp.
-Mass confusion or Garg to avoid being slamed in the face 95% of the time.
-Bad Medicine, necessary in group and arguably necessary solo.

! - Due to the absurd mana system slow regen, too little ect, please spare me the crap that WD get gear with +mana/regen, since just being lucky enough to get a barely decent item with those stats should be a feat of strenght on it's own.
And that we already have to use 3 short cd skills (not inc BBV) it would be stupid not to get Vision quest + another cd abilitie !

-Vision quest, necessary as noted above.
-Any preferably short cd skill is necessary to trigger Vision quest, since u dont want to always waste your BBV simply to benefit from it.
-High dmg skill, preferably AoE so u can use it both on mobs & bosses, especially considering many bosses summon adds anyway.
So that leaves two choices: Zombears or Hungry Bats.

There you go Blizzard, in the end 5 out of 6 skill slots and 2 out of 3 passives (arguably 3 out of 3) are not "flexible".

How to fix it:
-Increase mana/regen + tweak mana cost & abilitie dmg.
and/or
Buff zombie dogs across the board and divide it across the skill itself and zombie handler + jungle fortitude passives, allow them to tank since they are clearly not there to deal dmg.
If they can tank, we wouldn't mind having to wait on our mana to regen since the mobs wont be smashing our face in !!!
Hence many of the necessary skills above would not be... necessary and ONLY THEN will WD have more freedom for making different builds.
I dont expect them to die to regular mobs, but i do expect them to die on champion packs or bosses... just not in 3 seconds like they currently do die on even regular mobs.

Please dont tell me it's due to lack of gear, personally i have 40k hp .. i have the gear to clear Hell and recently started with Inferno.
Then why shouldn't 4 zombies dog and a garg with all the possible passives and skills be able to tank ?
Beside's, if it's really a gear issue... are we really supposed to be forced into a certain build for months until we acquire the gear JUST so we are allowed to have some freedom ?
Reply Quote
game is out for a week and you are complaining about a class that is not (utterly) broken by proof?( people solo'd to inferno, so it cant be that bad.)

Maybe get some patience+gear and use your brain to work on builds in 1 or 2 weeks.
Geez WoW breed is 90% cry babys.
Reply Quote
Monks pet scales with gear, and stays useful even on inferno.

Poor witch doctors. Blizzard literally hates your class.
Reply Quote
game is out for a week and you are complaining about a class that is not (utterly) broken by proof?( people solo'd to inferno, so it cant be that bad.)

Maybe get some patience+gear and use your brain to work on builds in 1 or 2 weeks.

Is this a real post an actual human being sat down to write?
Reply Quote

Funny calling out WoW breed being cry babies when im not playing WoW and while you are the one who cant even comprehend a simple post.

Did i ever say i cant solo inferno ? heck i even started my post by saying it can...
Oh nvm.. your not worth my trouble kid.
Edited by Sydrek#1367 on 5/20/2012 4:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
-Zombie dogs are useless starting in NM, even with Jungle Fortitude + Bad Medicine + Zombie Handler wich is afterall 40% dmg reduction & 20% more hp.

After I got Fierce loyalty I felt that the pets did fine (certainly not good, but fine). Due to Fierce Loyalty they scale with all health regen, even if the tooltip doesn't say so. If you use Horrify with Frightening Aspect, Spirit Walk with Healing Journey and Blood Ritual they survive quite well (still not great, but they work).
Reply Quote

Did you even read his post? Too many words greater than five letters in it? The OP said there were build(s) viable to Inferno, his point was that we're tunneled into one spec or a few variations of it.

What the hell does 'not broken by proof' mean?
Edited by Mitchlol#6174 on 5/20/2012 4:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote

After I got Fierce loyalty I felt that the pets did fine (certainly not good, but fine). Due to Fierce Loyalty they scale with all health regen, even if the tooltip doesn't say so. If you use Horrify with Frightening Aspect, Spirit Walk with Healing Journey and Blood Ritual they survive quite well (still not great, but they work).

Are you happy to need to use Horrify / SW / Blood Rit just to make them 'work'? That's his point.
Reply Quote
Heh, so many whine across WD's forums. I feel wd is a bit underpowered too.. compared to wizard, my wd do not have enough resource and dps to deal compariable dmg. So recently ive decided to grow a support-character. Now im using BBV, MC, wall of zombies, bad medicine etc.
Was using zombie dogs only for 10% life link, but even on NM they die so fast, so there is no sense of lifelink rune and so one of skill slots is totally wasted. Decided to try zombie wall to control rare packs. Thinking of unbreakable grasp instead

ps: playing HC WD, currently at lvl 52.
Edited by Borsch#2756 on 5/20/2012 5:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 04:55 AMPosted by Mitchlol
Are you happy to need to use Horrify / SW / Blood Rit just to make them 'work'? That's his point.

Actually, I don't mind. I like minions.

Also, that wasn't really what he said. He said that they were totally useless and that there was no way to make them work. I'm just saying there is. I do agree, however, that they are somewhat weak, and probably useless in inferno (I'm running a Vision Quest build, but I'll sure test them out when I get better gear though).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Regardless how good your gear is, zombie dogs die rapidly to normal mobs in inferno. I rolled a WD when I read that WD pets are supposed to be viable even in inferno
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 05:11 AMPosted by Gisele
Regardless how good your gear is, zombie dogs die rapidly to normal mobs in inferno. I rolled a WD when I read that WD pets are supposed to be viable even in inferno

Are you certain you have explored all possibilities? If so, that's disappointing.
Reply Quote
LOL well blizzard gave everyone on WoW what they wanted, hence why the game was destroyed pretty much by the end of BC. People are always going to complain, but your build is terrible. No consistency at all.

First of all, grasp of the dead is ridiculous with large packs - and its a CD for vision.

Second, looks like you oom quick, even with spirit vessel. How about getting rid of mass confusion, cause I'm massively confused as to why anyone would use that - and put in manaless frogs, they are your best source of dps close range and if you spec with bad medicine you get 40% damage reduction which is more than what barbs and monks..

First of all this wasn't really about my specific build but i'll bite.
Grasp of the dead is good but i prefer Zombie wall, since i can stand behind it while casting zombears without having to move to avoid being hit.

Mass confusion is one of the best WD skills.
CC's mobs and you would be surprised how much dmg Champion packs can do to each other + they take 20% more dmg.
Dont underestimate that.

And no frogs are not best source of dps, zombears are by far better. I run OOM when i dont pay attention to my cd's wich in worst case scenario leaves me OOM for about 3 seconds.
By then SW is off cd. Also zombears apply the debuff since it's poison dmg.
Reply Quote
You realize there are many pvp builds right? This is not a game just about PVE. There are a bunch of useless PVE skills that will be great in PVP
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 05:03 AMPosted by Goodrod

Actually, I don't mind. I like minions.

Also, that wasn't really what he said. He said that they were totally useless and that there was no way to make them work. I'm just saying there is. I do agree, however, that they are somewhat weak, and probably useless in inferno (I'm running a Vision Quest build, but I'll sure test them out when I get better gear though).

Yes i did say that they are useless, since with the build that you are talking about you are just delaying their death by a few seconds, having to use two abilities and a passive to keep craptastic minions alive a bit longer is horrible.
Let's not forget if u do use horrify they wont get hit in the first place, so it's only half as effective in most cases.
And it's far from 'making them work'.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 05:35 AMPosted by robkabob
Oh and spirit walk with soul harvest is a must with any build.

Exactly wich is plain wrong...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]