Diablo® III

Blizzard, Witch Doctor requires a hotfix.

Rework Vision Quest and Soul Harvest and balance the class around not-having them up. That's it.
Reply Quote
hi you're completely wrong
soul harvest helps your deeps, but you're sacrificing versatility and survivability for a flat damage increase and a spell slot, yes its a good spell and yes it gives you damage, but with the right gear and skill set you do good damage as is, soul harvest is not a must in every build, personally i prefer the versatility of another spell than a risky buff to my other spells any day

same with vision quest, mana regen in darts or spiders, in locusts, in soul harvest, there are so many !@#$ing ways to regen mana without vision quest its and you just need to actually try them

im playing nightmare fine without either of these spells and my buddy is doing hell just fine without quest
Edited by Homesuck#1634 on 5/20/2012 6:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
soul harvest helps your deeps, but you're sacrificing versatility and survivability for a flat damage increase and a spell slot, yes its a good spell and yes it gives you damage, but with the right gear and skill set you do good damage as is, soul harvest is not a must in every build, personally i prefer the versatility of another spell than a risky buff to my other spells any day

same with vision quest, mana regen in darts or spiders, in locusts, in soul harvest, there are so many !@#$ing ways to regen mana without vision quest its and you just need to actually try them

im playing nightmare fine without either of these spells and my buddy is doing hell just fine without quest

'you do good damage as is' compared to what ? zombie dogs ? yes.
Any other class ? no
And you can never do too much damage, but not only that it's a great survival tool too with siphon rune.

I tried all the way's to regain mana, locust with devouring rune is awesome for big packs BUT it sucks for small packs, dart and spiders to regain mana just suck overall.
Also using SH for mana would be really stupid considering it's heal instead.
But VQ blows them out of the water anyway.

Like i said earlier, they are necessary in the sence to avoid of not having to be carried by group members and/or without the need to kite for 95% of the time in combat and/or kill at a decent pace.
If you prefer to dot & run, knock yourself out.
But meanwhile every other class and the wd's with VQ/SH/SW/ZB or HB is at their 3rd to 5th pack by then.
Reply Quote
I agree, I don't like the fact to be viable the WD must use soul harvest and spirit walk.
Reply Quote

Hey,

This is mostly about inferno builds i think, as up to inferno you can pretty much use anything you want and make it work.
Starting with inferno you cannot afford to use 2/3 of your slots to keep 60sec cd minions alive for 2 seconds.
You cannot afford NOT to run Spirit walk, cause you will die horribly the first time you run into a vortex/jailer/arcane/molten/waller/ combination and you will need the damage boost/heal from soul harvest.

In order to use your most damaging spells, youre bound to use vision quest.
If not you'll do noticably less damage.
Edited by Alrik#2694 on 5/20/2012 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
we all know the problem with WD's... poor resource regen unless you use VQ build and lack of defensive cd's to survive more than a few hits on inferno... and our pets not only do not tank for us, but their scaling is terrible and they die very quickly (any WD who has played inferno past the first act will agree)

monk pets can taunt and scale pretty well, why don't ours?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
05/20/2012 05:06 AMPosted by robkabob
Second, looks like you oom quick, even with spirit vessel. How about getting rid of mass confusion, cause I'm massively confused as to why anyone would use that - and put in manaless frogs, they are your best source of dps close range and if you spec with bad medicine you get 40% damage reduction which is more than what barbs and monks..

I call your bull.

Barbs and monks both get a free 30% damage reduction just for being barbs and monks. This is in addition to any skills they may have taken. 40% reduction barely beats their bonus for doing nothing more than rolling those classes and isn't even close to what they end up with when they build defensively.
Reply Quote
I don't feel underpowered at all, lol. Hell is such a cake walk for me.
Reply Quote
All I want is more base mana or mana regen. Not a ton more, but enough so that spirit walk isn't a must.
Reply Quote
kinda agree, don't feel the WD is underpowered but the mana system and the way pet scales feels very off/clunky
Reply Quote
I use this build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hZidSk!ZbY!ZaaZZa

I do quite fine in Nightmare. I deal some pretty good damage with my large splash damage skill with poison and I can always slow them down with the Grasp of the Dead.
Wall of zombies is used on monsters that are yellow as it keeps them in place.

But with the pets it's just not worth it. The damage they deal is laughable and they really have no viable feature.

In a party I'll let other tank if they can or we will just blow them up. Alone I try to get enemies attack my follower but they often ignore him.

Necromancers in Diablo 2 had at least viable Golems that WOULD be used almost all the time. Here? You ignore them after Act 1.

Also the whole Spider skill part needs some love as well. Spider queen? Bwhahahaha what a waste. Almost all other spiders are useless as well. The skill I got on main does 3 normal hits with full power and splash damage. No drawbacks.
Reply Quote
I use this build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hZidSk!ZbY!ZaaZZa

I do quite fine in Nightmare. I deal some pretty good damage with my large splash damage skill with poison and I can always slow them down with the Grasp of the Dead.
Wall of zombies is used on monsters that are yellow as it keeps them in place.

But with the pets it's just not worth it. The damage they deal is laughable and they really have no viable feature.

In a party I'll let other tank if they can or we will just blow them up. Alone I try to get enemies attack my follower but they often ignore him.

Necromancers in Diablo 2 had at least viable Golems that WOULD be used almost all the time. Here? You ignore them after Act 1.

Also the whole Spider skill part needs some love as well. Spider queen? Bwhahahaha what a waste. Almost all other spiders are useless as well. The skill I got on main does 3 normal hits with full power and splash damage. No drawbacks.

In NM u can get by with pretty much any build, and yes spiders really need some love before they are decent especially due to the animation.
And the most suprising part, no spider runes actually gives a ROOT afterall first thing u'd think about when u hear spider is a spiderweb root..., instead it's a % chance on a singletarget slow...

And yes if the WD is supposed to be a new version of the Necromancer, it's a horrible failure from their part.
Reply Quote
this thread is boring
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 01:31 AMPosted by Erekt
this thread is boring

Yeah i agree, not enough elitism, flaming or QQ'ing hence it drop's pages behind fast.
Since it's not a "hey look at my build herpderp" thread or something similar.
Reply Quote
Welcome to the pyro of Diablo.
Reply Quote
@Sydrek, nice post just finished normal but agree with the point that blizzard should do serious rethinking about WD, some skills and passives are just useless, and the pets at most. Btw nice build ;)
Reply Quote
I noticed you mentioned Barbarians.

Barbarians cannot solo past Act 1 Inferno. It doesn't matter what build or what gear you use with a Barbarian they simply cannot do Acts 2-4 on Inferno. Barbarians are not the class you want to compare to if you're hoping for a buff. They're literally worthless outside the 15% magic find debuff they put out in groups. Melee is not viable on Inferno. Monks have a bug allowing them to be useable.

Don't QQ about WDs by comparing them to a class that's far worse off.

P.S. - Before I hear something about Barbs being OP please get to Inferno. Barbarians rip through Normal and most of Nightmare but it's all downhill from there. The reason for this is their tank n' spank playstyle. The damage that mobs do on Inferno scales so drastically that their entire playstyle becomes invalid. It doesn't matter how tanky a Barb is they'll still die to Inferno trash mobs in a few hits because blizzard clearly intended for Inferno's mobs to be death if you get hit at all. Barbarians HAVE to get hit.

The reason WD gets worse is their pets can't tank anymore. The reason melee is utterly worthless is because they can't get close to do damage anymore. WDs are worse off than DH and Wiz but they're far better off than Barbs. They would also be better off than monks if not for the bug that allows them to basically be invincible.
Reply Quote
Game is just out and everyone and his grandmother expects to have the gear to match up for inferno just because some ppl have done it solo, does not mean you should be able to do the same.

All these fun little VQ builds where you spam 1 skill and have 4 off cd makes your WD a 1 trick pony with 0 defense since most of the whining ppl use spirit walk to charge into a mob instead of away just for a int boost is HILLARIOUS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]