Diablo® III

Monk build for inferno

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WRgXYh!YXZ!Yaacaa

Currently doing really well with this build. And doesn't abuse the quickening FoT.
Reply Quote
I keep seeing people post builds that have multiple defensive abilities. How do you do this in-game? I am on act 3 hell and am having a hard time with one of each type..
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Cridhe
Seems alright but shouldn't Mantra of Evasion be stacked with more evasion abilities? It's mostly pointless at 15%

Yep, seems like hed be better off with MoH + either the vit, resistance buff, or sheild.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Shaman
@Bane

#1 Enable elective mode.
#2 Right click skill slot.
#3 Click right or left arrows at the top of the skill window.
#4 Pick any skill for any slot. (Except some for left mouse button.)
Reply Quote
Ive made it to act 4 inferno ( holy crap ) and this is the build i use in my group with a barb , demon hunter , witch doctor.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bYXQgT!ZYX!ZZcbbb
Reply Quote
The reason I don't go for the MoH is because for MoH to be usefull you have to spam it.
And you don't always get to spam this ability, especially against elites.
So I choose the MoE with armor which is permanent mitigation when it is up.
The reason I choose resolve over the res buff or shield, is because in combination with my primary I have a much bigger damage reduction which not only helps me, but als my party.
17 yard range 25% dmg red , -20% attack speed and 60% slow really helps :)
Edited by Azolrah#2892 on 5/20/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Bane

#1 Enable elective mode.
#2 Right click skill slot.
#3 Click right or left arrows at the top of the skill window.
#4 Pick any skill for any slot. (Except some for left mouse button.)

What!? I feel so lost. Why don't they tell you this?
Is it not meant to be "part of the game" that they balanced around?
Edited by SolarClipz#1175 on 5/20/2012 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The reason I don't go for the MoH is because for MoH to be usefull you have to spam it.
And you don't always get to spam this ability, especially against elites.
So I choose the MoE with armor which is permanent mitigation when it is up.
The reason I choose resolve over the res buff or shield, is because in combination with my primary I have a much bigger damage reduction which not only helps me, but als my party.
17 yard range 25% dmg red , -20% attack speed and 60% slow really helps :)

You don't have to spam it for it to be useful. You just have to pick the right rune. With the 20% increased resistance buff, it gives you plenty of survivability.

Dodge just IMO isn't worth it, esp if you aren't stacking it. MoH gives you permanent mitigation too you know.
Reply Quote
Give me an argument why you would choose crappy life regeneration over 15% dodge...
Reply Quote
They don't want people to be overwhelmed at the beginning of the game. I have everything in the game options menu checked except zoom in on inventory.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I have a quick question about Seize the Initiative at max level. Unless I am mistaken Armor provides diminishing returns to damage mitigation. At max level with Inferno items I would assume that the armor value from your gear would be so high that the bonus from converting dexterity into armor would result in a trivial increase in damage mitigation. I also have the same question regarding Mantra of Evasion. Again, I would think that with level 60 items you would have so much dodge from dexterity that MoE would not significantly increase your dodge chance and you would be better off taking a different Mantra.

Note that I am only in Act III of Nightmare at the moment and therefore have no idea what I am talking about. Apologies if the questions are dumb.
Reply Quote
Very good build, almost the same as mine, I use deadly reach though as spirit gen and I think 7 sided strike is more useful than any mantra.
Edited by Hundert#2551 on 5/20/2012 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fairly limited build I think, but it quickly scales with gear.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXgdk!ZYX!abZaba

I use a 2-hander with this build. 1-handers would want 100 Fist with FoF maybe.

I two or three-shot trash at a fairly quick speed. Dash for kiting, Kick for ranged DPS and crowd control, BoH and Serenity for healing, and Conviction for more damages. Some might prefer evasion or healing, but one common strategy is to simply use Serenity and deal as much damage as possible in the two seconds you have, then Kicking or Dashing away. 4-second Serenity might make this even better, but I'm not very tanky yet.
Edited by Tarok#1960 on 5/20/2012 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I havent checked on diminishing returns in all honesty, but I have tried various builds with the current gear I have and I find this build gives me overall best results ( halfway act 2 inferno )
I'm at 35k health, 6.5k armor, 65% dodge, around 150 res all and 9.3k dps.
Reply Quote
@ Tarok: You are clearly not playing inferno yet ;)
Edited by Azolrah#2892 on 5/20/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Azolrah

05/20/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Azolrah

yeah mantra of conviction LOL
Edited by Hundert#2551 on 5/20/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Azolrah
Give me an argument why you would choose crappy life regeneration over 15% dodge...

Mantra of Healing is very much about the 3s burst. Your other skills all have cooldowns. So where do you dump your overflow spirit? Mantra of Healing + Boon of Protection gives you a place to dump your excess spirit. In return you get a heal when you activate it, a shield, and 3 seconds of rapid regen. Mantra of Healing has the best activation bonuses out of all the mantras. Mantra of Evasion's activation bonus is far weaker.

I know on paper the skill seems dumb, but there is a reason people are gravitating towards it. Give it a try with these thoughts in mind. It is more about activating it for burst healing/protection.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]