Diablo® III

Monk build for inferno

I know on paper the skill seems dumb, but there is a reason people are gravitating towards it. Give it a try with these thoughts in mind. It is more about activating it for burst healing/protection.

I know m8, and my remark was only against that guy saying 15% dodge is not worth it.
My main argument for choosing MoE over MoH is that you don't need to be spamming it for it to be usefull. I do agree that MoH is better when spammed, and if you find you are able to do this then it might be the better way to go. But for me it seems right now MoE is working better for me ( especially since I dont use FoT so I have less spirit ) And my excess spirit I do dump in MoE, which helps, but I agree it is nowhere near as good as BoP.
Edited by Azolrah#2892 on 5/20/2012 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Very nice build man! Helped me out a lot. I was the one who first posted the guide using the Quickening bug, to my knowledge (I really didn't know it was bug at that time). I do plan on revamping my guide so it won't use it anymore especially since you can't use it in inferno. I posted your build on my guide and gave you credit. Thanks a lot man, I have been playing around with a lot of things trying to figure out whether I can actually take another damaging skill or if I had to roll strictly defensive. I'm still experimenting, but glad you posted something like this.
Reply Quote
Azolrah, why do you prefer the rune tsunami instead of concussion on crippling wave?Another 20% damage reducion is not better then some more range and movement slow?
But this helped me a lot, surviving in hell so great. Just have to switch to FoT for mobs who just run away -.-
Edited by Teddy#2963 on 5/20/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
just cleaned act 2 inferno without trouble

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WjgXYk!ZUX!ZbYcYc

with that build tanky all resists 230 5100 armor
12k DPS using the 10% Aoe or air ally and 28% of mantra of conviction

don t underestimate the power of ally.. i just cant do without now
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WRgXYh!YXZ!Yaacaa

Currently doing really well with this build. And doesn't abuse the quickening FoT.

sry, do you actually use a shield right?
Reply Quote
just cleaned act 2 inferno without trouble

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WjgXYk!ZUX!ZbYcYc

with that build tanky all resists 230 5100 armor
12k DPS using the 10% Aoe or air ally and 28% of mantra of conviction

don t underestimate the power of ally.. i just cant do without now

Did you solo, or were you in a party?
Reply Quote
@ Azolrah

What gear do you use? dex/vit gear? Also what type of weapons? 1hand+shield, dual-wield, or 2hand weapons? Ive been very unlucky with gear drops and I just stack on vitality because my goal is to not die and try to tank mobs (either for party or solo run). AH is also not an option because prices are too expensive, so I don't know where else to find decent gear. Im level 53 around 25k hp but only 1.5kdps (I know its very low). Currently at Act 2 of Hell
Reply Quote
@Barnyard

Well i can play solo
but i mostly play with a good DH with very efficient duo
Reply Quote
Is there any reason to use anything other than Fists of Thunder with thunderclap rune? Fee blinkstrik seems pretty good. Mortar monsters can't kite you. And the dps on Fists of thunder always seems the highest. 100 fists should do more damage. But FoT seems to do more. I think it has to do with the damage type.
Reply Quote
concussion in WAY better, u don t dashe , but u snare atk speed and movement +20% reduce dmg

to me concussion is a MUST have in inferno
Edited by Burrows#1550 on 5/21/2012 3:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aWXgiQ!YXU!aZbabc

I have Concussion on wave. So use thunderclap to close quickly and then I use concussion. But I'm open to improvements.
Reply Quote
considering ennemies in inferno are faster than u. u don't need to dash to them, they ll come to u!
my advice is to remove thunder fists and use the slot for ur ALLY ( that i think is a must have in inferno , spamable, tank, low spirit )
Edited by Burrows#1550 on 5/21/2012 3:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]