Diablo® III

Whimsyshire not working on nightmare?

I have completed both normal and nightmare difficulties and I own the staff of herding. It's in my inventory and I went to the entrance to Whimsyshire yet the cow king will not spawn. Has anyone else experienced this?

I thought it might just be the game I was in so I left and made a new one but nothing changed.
Reply Quote
Yep, just made a game on normal and the cow king spawned so It's just not working on nightmare apparently. I haven't checked other difficulties because I don't have not finished hell yet.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Hunter
Have you acquired the Staff of Herding recipe from Nightmare Izual? I believe you have to get that in order to upgrade the staff (plus 200k) so you can do Whimsyshire on Nightmare.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You need the "Nightmarish Staff of Herding" to enter on Nightmare: http://d3db.com/item/i/nightmarish-staff-of-herding. With each increase in difficulty, you will need to upgrade the staff.

EDIT: According to a comment I just read on D2DB, you can actually purchase the "Plan: Nightmarish Staff of Herding":

This Recipe can be purchased off of Gorell the Quartermaster in Bastion's Keep Stronghold right before you fight Diablo.

I have not tested the accuracy of this comment myself since I am still in Act II on normal mode (I know, what a slowpoke), but he seems sure of himself ^-^
Edited by Vindico#1134 on 5/20/2012 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
sonnova!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
05/20/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Uxie
Have you acquired the Staff of Herding recipe from Nightmare Izual? I believe you have to get that in order to upgrade the staff (plus 200k) so you can do Whimsyshire on Nightmare.

I just farmed Izual in NM. Plan: staff of herding dropped. I can't learn it again. Does it mean I need to farm NM Izual to get nightmare plans?
Reply Quote
You buy the nightmare plan from Gorell the quartermaster for 1gp just before you fight diablo. Just did it myself 30secs ago
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]