Diablo® III

How to open 2 diablo 3 in 1 computer

06/30/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Smurf
so that means you are perfectly allowed to be on two accounts at one time, if it's different computers. or same computer, but not on the same time?

Not as you are suggesting with account sharing with a friend, like you posted before in a thread.
Account sharing will get you banned, but have two accounts that you own, will not.
Reply Quote
If your computer runs linux you can setup 2 different wine environments and use the WINEPREFIX environment variable to launch each instance. I currently have my computer setup so my first virtual desktop is hotkeyed F1 and my second is hotkeyed F2. I can easily play both characters, switching between screens using F1 and F2. Alternatively, I have 2 video cards and can setup my computer as a multi-seat box and plug in an extra mouse/keyboard so my friend can play d3 on one screen while i play on the other screen. If you want me to clarify anything I can. :) This was all done using linux which is entirely free to use. I'm more than happy to help anyone setup something similar if they don't know how and want to.
Reply Quote
06/30/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Gotpurp
I know more about Diablo 3, Activision, Blizzard, Vivendi and programming in general than your whole support team combined.

Sure you do Mr. Taco Bell IT Hero.
Reply Quote
4 Goblin Warrior
06/30/2012 01:15 AMPosted by Ergophobia
I know more about Diablo 3, Activision, Blizzard, Vivendi and programming in general than your whole support team combined.

Sure you do Mr. Taco Bell IT Hero.

I'm certainly not an Amerifailure. We don't have Taco Bell here, since we have higher food and health standards :)
Reply Quote
So would you be allowed to link both the accounts to the same paypal account for use with the RMAH if you did in fact have 2 accounts on 2 computers? Or is this not allowed? Anyone know?
Reply Quote
this is like me buying 2 bubble gums and am forced to spit the first before chewing on the 2nd
Reply Quote
so that means you are perfectly allowed to be on two accounts at one time, if it's different computers. or same computer, but not on the same time?

You can run multiple accounts, on the same computer, or on different computers BUT you must own 2 SEPERATE CD Keys, If you are trying to Emulate "I.E. Running 2 copies with 1 cd-key" Then you will get banned. But if you run multiple games with multiple cd-keys it is ALLOWED, but NOT SUPPORTED. What this means, is that you will not get banned or in trouble for doing it, but they will not advice / support you with any errors / problems you have with doing it.

Here is a post from a Blue on the issue:

Reflex,

Assuming she has her own account and characters, it's still not a supported method of playing Diablo III. It's not supported for World of Warcraft either. I'm not saying it absolutely can't be done, just that we can't offer any help in setting it up and with any issues that may arise.

Ok how about this. My wife and i play and sometimes i want to log in her account when she is not home for ...(insert legit reason) ... both accounts are legit and both with 2 different CD keys. I just dont feel like running from room to room every time i need to do an action. Is there a way i can run 2 games ( say maybe install it on diff partition ) on 1 computer?

Not sure on this but arent CD keys just to make an account with blizz. during installation it asks you if u already have an account ... since we got 3 copies of diablo 3 on launch and i did the installation on all 3 computers I skipped the steps to input the CD keys on all. I then went and activated my CD key and was able to log in to test performance on each computer with 1 account ... so I believe that on the PC itself there's no CD key registration. The CD key would be to activate the account, so in turn CD keys shouldnt be a matter on this issue if the accounts are legit. Am i correct on this?

Edit -launch didnt work for me
Edited by achilles3980#1431 on 7/11/2012 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello,

I have 2 diablo 3 account and would like to open them in the same computer.
Once i have 1 diablo 3 open, i can't open another one.
The launch keep saying diablo 3 is already runnin, is it possible to open 2 diablo 3 so i can transfer between account? thanks

REASON:
[what he mean is 2 diablo 3][ mean 2 key] [not 1 key on 1 computer] [answer is no]
you need 2 cpu to play
Edited by niceandpain#6366 on 7/11/2012 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Say I have 2 keys. I've already played both. Now I wanted my friend to play my used key on his computer and I too will use the other key in my computer. Wouldn't that be bannable?

And my 2nd question would be can i bind both keys on a single paypal account?
Reply Quote
Zum,

There is no officially supported method of running more than 1 Diablo III game client on a single pc. The approved method for using two or more game accounts simultaneously is to use two or more computers.

So, are there any EULA breaking reasons --or legal/technical issues which would cause an account ban-- which would preclude us from running 2 or more game clients from 1 PC if we are able --as in the case of people that want a secondary or tertiary account to use for auctions?
Edited by Wardemon#1841 on 7/12/2012 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
-nvm- doesnt work

but im pretty sure you will find the right answer from google :)
Edited by Hak#1935 on 7/12/2012 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
It's very simple to run 2 copies on 1 PC.

Go to your Diablo 3 Install directory.
Click on "Diablo III.exe"
(DO NOT CLICK ON "Diablo III Launcher.exe" unless you need to update the game)
Tada!

Enjoy

Tip: The game will load VERY VERY slow if you do not run different copies of D3 from different directories. Solution? Copy your diablo 3 install folder somewhere else, name it "diablo3backup" and run the "diablo III.exe" from there.(hope that helps/makes sense)

Scooby
Reply Quote
Any advice how i can have access to my 2nd account? it is a russian key. I was doing fine with the fix but they seems to have changed something with last update.. I really dont understand why they make it is so hard to play this game. :/
Reply Quote
VMWare bro, that's the answer you're looking for.
Reply Quote
What FateZero said. VMWare. Also check here for some guidance on Diablo 3 sandbox setup: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2179
Reply Quote
Hello,

I have 2 diablo 3 account and would like to open them in the same computer.
Once i have 1 diablo 3 open, i can't open another one.
The launch keep saying diablo 3 is already runnin, is it possible to open 2 diablo 3 so i can transfer between account? thanks

REASON:
[what he mean is 2 diablo 3][ mean 2 key] [not 1 key on 1 computer] [answer is no]
you need 2 cpu to play

i have a quad core... thats good enough right?
Reply Quote
07/12/2012 10:01 PMPosted by FateZero
VMWare bro, that's the answer you're looking for.

*sigh* so much this. now /thread
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]