Diablo® III

Stat Changes tooltip incorrect

90 Gnome Mage
The "stat changes if equipped" tooltip only displays the difference between the mainhand weapon and a two-handed weapon, even if an offhand-held item is equipped.

In other words you may see a Damage increase in the stat change tooltip, but when you actually equip the item your damage may lower because your offhand item added lots of damage that was not accounted for in the tooltip.

I also have suspicions that the tooltip calculates the damage difference based on current stat values rather than what the stat values would be if the new item were equipped. I would need to do more work to confirm this, but it would be much easier for somebody with access to the code to quickly figure out.
Reply Quote
"Stat Changes: 2-hand vs. dual 1-hand"

I was just looking up to post this bug myself and had this title picked out. I'm very glad you did such a good job posting it yourself. It indeed does not calculate the different between the 2-handed weapon to the combination of on-hand and off-hand weapon stats. It only calculates the on-hand weapon stats to its end.
I very nearly salvaged my pair of yellows for a daibo. Seems foolish now that I've caught myself. Thanks again for beating me to posting this bug.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]