Diablo® III

Why should I use monk weapons?

I played through Normal with a Demon Hunter, and really just enjoy everything about this game. For my next character, I rolled a Monk since it's a fantasy archetype I've always been fond of, but so far I'm finding little incentive to actually stick monk weapons. With a demon hunter you had strong incentives to stick ranged weapons, and I just don't see the same incentives present in the monk class. What am I missing?
Reply Quote
Monk weapons are the only weapons with monk specific qualities like spirit regen, and life per spirit spent.

Other than that, nothing really. Especially at the lower levels, it's usually just better to use whatever does the most Damage.
Reply Quote
What turnip said. There are no real benefits expect for those unique stats and the fact that they're pretty fast attack speed.
Reply Quote
Actually there is. Due to great attack speed good stats are:
chance to stun/freeze/etc on hit
attack speed bonuses
heal on hit
critical damage bonus
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]