Diablo® III

Starting with Inferno: A Guide.

Barbarian: Starting with Inferno

Introduction

Hey guys whats going on my names Luke and i have been seeing alot of posts about barbarians lately regarding inferno, I myself have solo'd act 1 very easily and am now currently farming it for gear in act 2. Now this is NOT a guide on how to "dominateallinfernoacts" but to help you getting started and working on Act 1 so you can gear up to progress.

Before 60 problems

So lately i have been getting a lot of messages from other barbs and such asking how to do 50-60 as they are having problems doing such and i can understand; I myself was getting destroyed back then until i started using this build and going sword and board( I Dual wield in Inferno) while also stacking vital, after i hit level 60 i had around 60k health and was so eager to jump into Inferno.
I jumped straight in, only to die on the 5th pull.

So if your having problems hitting 60? try this build; http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVYXkP!bVd!ZaZYbZ

When you hit 60

At this point, i changed to this build; http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVYTkP!bVS!ZcZcbZ

So now you have just hit 60, just like myself eager to jump straight into inferno you go in, get to a point, then you find yourself dieing, over, and over again.

First things first; Get geared! I was running through hell like it was nothing, soloing bosses in hell on 2 - 3 player mode never coming near death and i thought it would be soooo easy to start off in inferno since i was so geared in hell.

I was wrong, even after making hell look like nightmare i was not geared enough for most of act 1 inferno, ESPECIALLY blues and champions.

Now i had the mentality of "why farm hell when inferno drops gear thats 5x as good?" so thats what i did, while it was not a smart idea, i was still geared enough to solo most trash and just ignore or skip blues and champions.

Problems

So starting in inferno i as like others had a few problems.

1. I couldn't survive!
    2. I couldn't Deal enough damage!
    3. Gear that i need, just won't drop!

So lets take a look at a few problems we have here and how we can address them.

#1. I Couldn't Survive!

With the build i switched to during inferno (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVYTkP!bVS!ZcZcbZ) Theres so many benefits to survival with this build, lets take a look.

#1 Frenzy; Heals you for 4% over 6 seconds after killing any enemy with frenzy.
This was an amazing help although i typically ran this anyways, The reason behind this while may being a small heal it is better then nothing at all and i found myself surviving more often by finishing off low health mobs with frenzy and not others, along with the attack speed bonus insanely helpful if you have some sort of life leech.

#2 Revenge; Heals you for 5% Maximum life; PER ENEMY HIT.
Now most people don't realize that this ability is very very powerful and the main reason you actually survive. Now it heals you for 5% per enemy you hit, which ties in well with 1 other ability we use. (See #3 Ground Stomp) It can actually be worthwhile in pulling more mobs onto you in certain cases so it procs more often and you can get more heling power out of it. It has a chance to proc when hit by an enemy, so with more on you you can heal for more, and have a higher proc chance.

#3 Ground stomp: Stuns enemys for 4 seconds.

Now with this runed it ALSO pulls them in towards you helping you out alot. Say you have 3 casters or rangers beating on you while having melee on you too, position yourself as such to be able to pull the casters in towards you while stunning them, now your revenge will heal more as it is hitting more targets and also the caster or ranger won't be able to deal as much damage if his right in your face.

So basing some survivability of those skills we have figured some things out, if we have a few more on us, we heal for more, and more often, now i'm not saing, go pull the entire instance! what i'm getting at is don't hesistate to pull more if you have too, it can actually save your life!

What about our passive bonus!?
Well the 2 passive bonus's we have regarding armor are kind of needed in my opinion, with this build we are running more of a damage heavy setup, then survival, but its set up as such that some offensive abilites can be used in defensive situations. So we need all the armor we can get!

#1 I don't do enough damage!
Well my friend, here is the best part, this build has an amazing damage and survivability ratio, it has more things catering to damage while also having enough survivability skills to stay alive.

-- But I can't kill blues or champions!
Uh huh, Heres where you are wrong! Blues and champions can be EASILY killed.
Heres how;
What you want to do is charge into the pack of enemys leading with a ground stomp, after that you want to potion if you have to and start building up rage if you need it, next up you want to hit wrath of the berserker, which will Increase your damage by 100% AND make you immune to crowd control effects; such as Fear, Freeze, and Jail.
Once all thats done you want to spam your revenge button, and stay out of things on the ground trying to stay alive until you have enough rage to use Earthquake.
Once you have enough rage, hit earthquake and stay alive AS LONG as you can! This earthquake and Wrath combination will drop them all down to around 100k or less easily just by themselves.

-- But i die after i use cd's and they reset health!
There is a way around this my friend, what you wish to do is if you feel that you will die a few times, you want to kite them towards your spawn.
If you have under a 10 second spawn they will not regen health and you will be able to spawn in and keep chipping away at one of them

TIPS FOR DEFEATING CHAMPIONS/BLUES.

#1. Blues; Target one at a time, your goal should be to take out one at a time, makes it easier, if you can take out more that life, great! Don't be disheartened if you die, Its going to happen!

#2. Blues; If you feel the combination isn't doable for your gear, Either A: Walk away, don't waste time. Or B: Go gear up in hell!

#3. Champions; Now the most important thing i must say on champions is, KILL THE MINIONS. That should be your first and main priority, use your cd's to kill as many minions as you can, they won't respawn and they combined deal more damage and become more of a hassle then the champion itself.

#3 Gear that i need, just won't drop!

Theres a few things we can do to address this.

#1 Use some magic find gear!
Using magic find gear will help amazingly and you will see blues and rares dropping more often!

#2 Kill blue mobs if you can!
These guys will give you a buff that will increase your magic and gold find, AND IT STACKS! Yep it stacks, right up to 5 stacks, giving you around 100% magic find bonus (Double the chance)
At this high magic find, The Skeleton king; Who mind you is very easily to solo. Drops 2+ rares and 6+ Blues!

Fast Effective EASY Gear farming route!

Congratulations on making it this far! Now lets look at the easiest most efficient way to farm Inferno act 1!

**VIDEO COMING SOON**

Hey guys i hope this help you in some form of way, let me know if you think something could be better, or if you do something different, Add me on game or post here if you have any questions!
Reply Quote
interesting read, not sure i like the build but i will keep it in mind. Currently lvl 56, playing with a 57 witch doctor, we are at belial in act 2 of hell (no try yet, we killing the dark horadrim guy and calling it a night:P )

Just one question: how quick do you get killed in inferno, is it instant or do you have at least 3-5 sec?
Reply Quote
interesting read, not sure i like the build but i will keep it in mind. Currently lvl 56, playing with a 57 witch doctor, we are at belial in act 2 of hell (no try yet, we killing the dark horadrim guy and calling it a night:P )

Just one question: how quick do you get killed in inferno, is it instant or do you have at least 3-5 sec?

It entirely depends on your gear, you can instantly die with no gear, and last forever when your geared.

I'm around half half geared, not over geared, not undergeared, and i walk through it pretty easily.
Reply Quote
I would like to point out tht, healing 4% over 6 second is bad....u better switch to side arm for the extra hit aoe, or get the damage stack. Now ill explain why it is bad

1st of, u r killing them 1 at a time, while they r surrounding u. Their damage will be more than wht ur 4% offer over 6sec, so the rune lose it benefit. With damge stack or the side arm, u can kill them faster, therefore avoid taking more damage.

Dont rely on revenge to proc all the time, and if u r revenge reliance, take ignor pain instead ground stomp.

As for the passive u pick boon. Bad choice man, those long cd skill is like a 1 trick pony, once it is done, u run and kite again. I would also drop the earthquake and go for ignor pain.
Reply Quote
I would like to point out tht, healing 4% over 6 second is bad....u better switch to side arm for the extra hit aoe, or get the damage stack. Now ill explain why it is bad

1st of, u r killing them 1 at a time, while they r surrounding u. Their damage will be more than wht ur 4% offer over 6sec, so the rune lose it benefit. With damge stack or the side arm, u can kill them faster, therefore avoid taking more damage.

Dont rely on revenge to proc all the time, and if u r revenge reliance, take ignor pain instead ground stomp.

As for the passive u pick boon. Bad choice man, those long cd skill is like a 1 trick pony, once it is done, u run and kite again. I would also drop the earthquake and go for ignor pain.

Lol ok, i don't think you completely understand. With this build i have inferno act 1 on farm, i used this build when i struggled, and i use it when i struggle not so much, sure it may be more efficent to switch your rune on frenzy, but thats up to yourself, also revenge procs so much is isn't even funny, and if it dosen't proc, you have a potion for a reason.

I can stay alive through the entire dungeons with this build and only die once or twice on blue pulls, i don't sit around waiting for cd's unless i need them for blues and i use them as i need after that, theres no one trick pony here.

The build is efficent enough that the CD's are only there for when needed, i have them off cd most of the time unless i need for blues or a boss/champion, and thats where you need them, Sure you could run something else and switch to them for blues, but then you lose your valor buff and therefore get less gear that you need for act 2.

This is the most efficent all around build i have found to work everytime, regardless of where i am at in act 1.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Act 1 inferno can be done with almost any set of skills as long as you have decent gear.

What people need to understand is that you should play the way you want to play and understand what all the skills do and how they effect how you play.

If you're the type that needs to clear everything asap, well, barb prolly isn't for you. It takes lots of farming to get done. Again, act 1 is pretty easy. Act II is where it starts to get harder.

If you hit a wall, check your skills, see if your skills can make the pack/boss any easier to kill than your current selection, some abilities just don't make sense for certain mob types, some do. Be prepared for a long grind as a Barb in inferno, it's just how it is.
Reply Quote
Act 1 inferno can be done with almost any set of skills as long as you have decent gear.

What people need to understand is that you should play the way you want to play and understand what all the skills do and how they effect how you play.

If you're the type that needs to clear everything asap, well, barb prolly isn't for you. It takes lots of farming to get done. Again, act 1 is pretty easy. Act II is where it starts to get harder.

If you hit a wall, check your skills, see if your skills can make the pack/boss any easier to kill than your current selection, some abilities just don't make sense for certain mob types, some do. Be prepared for a long grind as a Barb in inferno, it's just how it is.

I know these things, but others seem not to, all i see is posts about barb being unviable. This is what works for me, and may work for others. Maybe it will help someone out.
Reply Quote
Juggernaut is better than Nerves of Steel, and Superstition is better than Tough as Nails.
Reply Quote

Yeahhh I take pretty big issue with the bolded part.

Maybe through the first three difficulties you can derp around with almost any build. But Inferno is a different rodeo. If you truly want to solo it, you need specific builds and that holds true for most champions
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 06:28 AMPosted by SOC
Juggernaut is better than Nerves of Steel, and Superstition is better than Tough as Nails.

If you think so, i don't feel as such since 1) against most things that fear you, you will have wrath up. So that won't even hit you so you won't be healed, secondly ranged attacks? The way this build is with the stomp it drags some casters into you, so you won't need to take less damage from then when all the damage your taking is from the guys in melee.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Oh look!

Another barb who only kills the easy blue/champions, and says he has Act 1 on "farm".

How original. I deem this the "just skip it" spec.
Edited by Fang#1614 on 5/21/2012 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh look!

Another barb who only kills the easy blue/champions, and says he has Act 1 on "farm".

Lawl? I kill every blue mob i come up against gorgeous but don't worry, i still love you xoxo
Reply Quote
2 Orc Rogue
Oh look!

Easy blue/champions in inferno? Obviously you are not in inferno yet.
Reply Quote
Oh look!

Easy blue/champions in inferno? Obviously you are not in inferno yet.

No hes right, there ar every easy blue mobs, the 'hard' ones hes reffering to a molten chains and so on, which i still kill :)
Reply Quote
Man, I appreciate the post, and it looks like you're doing a good job but...

People aren't struggling with Act I of inferno. If you come back here with a build claiming to have Act II on farm, then we have something.
Reply Quote
Man, I appreciate the post, and it looks like you're doing a good job but...

People aren't struggling with Act I of inferno. If you come back here with a build claiming to have Act II on farm, then we have something.

There are people having problem with act 1, i've had several messages about it. And when i'm geared for act 2 i wouldn't be suprised if this build worked fine, but we will see :)
Reply Quote
Your guide seems promising, but can you tell or show us a picture of some of your important attributes like armor, damage, resistance, dodge etc.. I think it will really help us to tweak our equipments. thx :)
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Stryfe
i tested your build doesn't really work sorry

Your doing it wrong then, Used this from start to finish of act 1 and did fine, tweak the way you use it, ill make a video soon of how i did it , for now working on act 2.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Relinwar
Your guide seems promising, but can you tell or show us a picture of some of your important attributes like armor, damage, resistance, dodge etc.. I think it will really help us to tweak our equipments. thx :)

Not sure what they were but i had 25k health when doing this, and i did fine..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]