Diablo® III

Starting with Inferno: A Guide.

I play a throw weapon build. Its definitely more fun than frenzy build. You can kite forever. And with 33% critical. Paired with fury reduction for weapon throw, i rarely run out of fury. Anyway, I find myself dying a lot less using throw weapon build.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Darkee
I have the best solution to all of this. Go reroll a better class. :) you'll thank me!

Or have fun with the class you wanted to roll in the first place?
Reply Quote
hey Lolwhat,

What kind of gear do you have?
Do you focus on vitality, resistances, armor or DPS?

Thx
a lv 52 barb

I kinda focused on dps i little, i only had 25k health but thats only cause i couldnt find

Hmmm, not terrible info but some of this is oversimplified...especially the "OMG I can't kill elite packs" part. First of all, nearly all of the packs I can't kill (only in A4 Hell at this point) can't be killed regardless of spec. Jump in and spot, then spam revenge? Really? Funny, because any group that technique would work on would be easily killed with any number of other techniques. The groups you can't kill and snares and stuns...freezes...etc, especially when paired with ground/area spells that kill you nearly instantly. You can spam Revenge all day long but when you drop over 50k health without being in control of your actions for even a fraction of a second, you're gonna die.

And...this isn't some exaggerated, rare situation...it happens ALOT. If anything, I find techniques for leading mob packs around to areas and getting around them (and dying/respawning if necessary) is more helpful for clearing areas (though not for farming, obviously). I rarely even use pots on my barb, except on bosses, because I find that Revenge + random orbs either keeps me alive easily, or there's no chance in hell (literally) that I'll beat the pack, so why waste pots (which are, themselves, a waste...not even 20% of my hp + a long cooldown, really).

You can easily take them down, the sheer amount of dmg wrath and earthquake deal you can manage to kill them, and survive..
Reply Quote
What is this i dont even...

Act1 on inferno can be farmed with easier and fun ways.. like thorwing axe build.. slam build.. and so on. Just need to kite.. leap/stun/charge ready to escape everything. (Charge can be used in immobilizes while leap can be used over walls etc.)

Why would you tell ppl to suicide? =/

Explain where a build you use for everything, any mob, including bosses, is a suicide build, if it was a suicide build like you say, wouldn't i switch build for bosses to get easier kills? Lol..
Reply Quote
When OP talks about "blue" mobs giving a magic find bonus, what does that mean? IS that referring to champions or is it something I'm not familiar with? I honestly had never heard about a magic find buff from killing mobs before :p
Reply Quote
@Lolwhat

I applaud u for making a act 1 guide but seriously stop talking like u can handle act 2. Grinding for better gear will get you nowhere because act 1 tier gear drops are NOT ENOUGH to survive act 2. People have tested act 2 that even with act 4 tier gear, with like 80k HP etc, Barbs still get 2-4 shotted by a single trash mob.

Now, if we had imba nukage ranged skills and kiting skills then this wouldn't be a problem, but we DO NOT. Please try to get this in your head and admit that Barbs needs to be tweaked by Blizzard to be on par with the ranged classes post act 2 inferno. We're melee dammit, not spear throwing monkeys who run away like pussies.
Reply Quote
@Lolwhat

I applaud u for making a act 1 guide but seriously stop talking like u can handle act 2. Grinding for better gear will get you nowhere because act 1 tier gear drops are NOT ENOUGH to survive act 2. People have tested act 2 that even with act 4 tier gear, with like 80k HP etc, Barbs still get 2-4 shotted by a single trash mob.

Now, if we had imba nukage ranged skills and kiting skills then this wouldn't be a problem, but we DO NOT. Please try to get this in your head and admit that Barbs needs to be tweaked by Blizzard to be on par with the ranged classes post act 2 inferno. We're melee dammit, not spear throwing monkeys who run away like pussies.

One shot by a single trash mob? i've been in there a few times testing out builds and different defense and the only time i get one shot in subpar gear is with 4 mobs on me, they must be doing something wrong. Unless there eating all the wasps that get shot out then i can't see how a single non blue trash mob is one shotting them.
Reply Quote
Great post. Funny enough, I only just started Nightmare but of all the combinations I've tried I by far find that ground stomp/earthquake is the most powerful for the large groups combined with the constant armor bonuses from nerves of steel and tough as nails.

I just have to get used to using revenge.
Reply Quote
Great post. Funny enough, I only just started Nightmare but of all the combinations I've tried I by far find that ground stomp/earthquake is the most powerful for the large groups combined with the constant armor bonuses from nerves of steel and tough as nails.

I just have to get used to using revenge.

Yeah it works great,. things die so fast it works out that you can either, save it for blues and champions, or do massive pulls and watch them die in seconds :)
Reply Quote
So what farming route are you using, Lolwhat?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Spenen
So what farming route are you using, Lolwhat?

Starting out for act 1 you want to start on "The legacy of cain" then farm your way through (checking all cellars in old ruins) too skeleton king, you get way over 5 stacks of valor so it refreshs at 5 alot and you don't have to kill every blue or champion to get 5 if your gear isnt good enough, then kill skele king get 2-4 rares and 7-8 blues off him and restart, for higher geared guys just solo farm butcher, start on quest #9 and farm through there, get 5 stacks valor kill butcher, reset, winwin situation.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Lolwhat
Starting out for act 1 you want to start on "The legacy of cain" then farm your way through (checking all cellars in old ruins) too skeleton king, you get way over 5 stacks of valor so it refreshs at 5 alot and you don't have to kill every blue or champion to get 5 if your gear isnt good enough, then kill skele king get 2-4 rares and 7-8 blues off him and restart, for higher geared guys just solo farm butcher, start on quest #9 and farm through there, get 5 stacks valor kill butcher, reset, winwin situation.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:46 AMPosted by Spenen

Cheers!

Also if your gear isn't good enough to kill most blue packs, try doing this; Start on legacy of cain, kill everything you need to till you search the apprentices body, search his body take the blue reset; you get around 4-5 mini bosses down for loot + his body which is a 100% blue.
Reply Quote
lolwhat you are the man! I appreciate the in depth forum post on how to survive as a barb in Inferno.

They made it hard for a reason! Its people like you that sit down and rethink their gear, skills, gameplay, that will survive throughout Inferno and beyond!
Reply Quote
lolwhat you are the man! I appreciate the in depth forum post on how to survive as a barb in Inferno.

They made it hard for a reason! Its people like you that sit down and rethink their gear, skills, gameplay, that will survive throughout Inferno and beyond!

haha thanks :D
Reply Quote
Thanks, I'll try that too.
Reply Quote
I have a very similar build except I still use HOTA and Leap instead of WOTB and Warcry. The ideology of dishing out damage for recovering health is pretty much the same. Although I use Cleave instead of Frenzy.

Do you use Frenzy mainly for the IAS and % Heal? Wont increase DPS from cleave be better suited for this build?

Would like to know if you used Cleave in the past on and at what point did you decide to make the switch to Frenzy.

Disclaimer: I am still in Nightmare Act III.
Reply Quote
I have a very similar build except I still use HOTA and Leap instead of WOTB and Warcry. The ideology of dishing out damage for recovering health is pretty much the same. Although I use Cleave instead of Frenzy.

Do you use Frenzy mainly for the IAS and % Heal? Wont increase DPS from cleave be better suited for this build?

Would like to know if you used Cleave in the past on and at what point did you decide to make the switch to Frenzy.

Disclaimer: I am still in Nightmare Act III.

I fell as if while dual wielding you want to make the best of your attack speed thus the use of frenzy, and recently for this build i myself have changed to frenzy giving me a 20% dmg increase at 5 stacks which is amazingly helpful, although while new to inferno i would still use the heal as any little bit counts and your mostly finishing things off with frenzy, i'm trying out a new build now with cleave and a few other things to see how it goes, will post results if good.
Reply Quote
Hi can you give me some more information about whitch items should i buy to get lvl 60. I am lvl 55 ACT 2 in Hell and before Hell i just run DPS Lifesteal build and i havent problems, but now is this build really bad. So how many HP resist i should have to get 60?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]