Diablo® III

Level 30 Build Help

I am completely going to get made fun of, but I am okay with this. I am a Diablo n00b. My 'build' has gotten me by until now. I am getting RAPED. What can I do to improve?

Pic of character: http://puu.sh/w3UG
Reply Quote
It's more likely to be your item stats that're holding you back. I'm not sure what the average dps of a normal wizard is, but 135 doesn't seem like a lot.

Try buying something inexpensive in the auction house that has better damage than your current weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay, you certainly need to upgrade your gear. Visit the AH. At level 30 my Wizard had about 900dps.

I'd recommend switching out meteor for Disintegrate. You have two AoE, both of which cost quite some Arcane Power.

Other than that just use disintegrate + hydra, and blizzard when there are a lot of mobs.
Reply Quote
Yeah, your gear needs a lot of upgrading. Your DPS is very low and you also have extremely low vitality. I'm a level 26 wizard and I have 1,200 hit points on Normal. No wonder you are getting pwned-- 200 hit points is just not going to cut it.

Just remember, for your items you always want intelligence and vitality boosters for the wizard.

Make sure to pick to get the best weapon you can find in terms of DPS. On your off-hand, you probably don't want to be using a shield...there are orbs and books made specifically for a wizard that usually have much better stats for wizards. Otherwise, get yourself the most powerful 2-hand weapon you can find.
Reply Quote
Your first priority should be to go to the AH and buy the two handed weapon with the highest DPS (well, you dont have to take THE highest, taking an item with slightly lower but with otherwise good stats is great) available for a reasonable price (not more than 15000 gold).

If it has a socket then buy and put a ruby square it the socket. (I would recommend a socket, but it isn't required)

There are probably other items that need to be fixed, but this is what you should prioritize.

EDIT: and your skills are not that amazing.
Where are you dumping your AP to do damage?
I suggest that you take arcane orb on your left mouse button as your "AP dump".
Edited by Sejdman#2932 on 5/21/2012 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
AoE?
Reply Quote
Yeah, your gear needs a lot of upgrading. Your DPS is very low and you also have extremely low vitality. I'm a level 26 wizard and I have 1,200 hit points on Normal. No wonder you are getting pwned-- 200 hit points is just not going to cut it.

Just remember, for your items you always want intelligence and vitality boosters for the wizard.

Make sure to pick to get the best weapon you can find in terms of DPS. On your off-hand, you probably don't want to be using a shield...there are orbs and books made specifically for a wizard that usually have much better stats for wizards. Otherwise, get yourself the most powerful 2-hand weapon you can find.

The shield helped deter some pwnage. lol

So for weapon DPS, this is the Damage stat?
Reply Quote
Your first priority should be to go to the AH and buy the two handed weapon with the highest DPS (well, you dont have to take THE highest, taking an item with slightly lower but with otherwise good stats is great) available for a reasonable price (not more than 15000 gold).

If it has a socket then buy and put a ruby square it the socket. (I would recommend a socket, but it isn't required)

There are probably other items that need to be fixed, but this is what you should prioritize.

EDIT: and your skills are not that amazing.
Where are you dumping your AP to do damage?
I suggest that you take arcane orb on your left mouse button as your "AP dump".

Ok, I am getting the hang of this. I do have some weapons with higher Damage ratings, however, the current equipped how better 'stats.'

Off to the AH it sounds like.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Chickenman
AoE?

Area of Effect. Mob control basically.

I was rocking two, blizzard & meteor, to control what was once creaming me.
Reply Quote
Ok, so now I have 4000hp haha!

http://puu.sh/w4Sb

What should a target DPS be at my level? It improved as my Intellegence improved, but overall damage is incrementally better.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
My Wizard just hit 32 and my DPS sits around 500 to 600 depending on my buffs and how I build.
Edited by Bartness#1430 on 9/30/2012 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]