Diablo® III

Another Inferno Thread? Yes!

TO START: do not reply to Inferno threads if you have not played Monk past Act 1 in Inferno. At first your opinions as a level 50 Monk in Hell were amusing. Now, I want to punch my monitor every time one of you chimes in with "is suppose 2 be dificult u newb i am beeting hell just fine."

Why is it annoying? Because for every troll post, there are most likely 2 of you being serious. Inferno is barely passable past Act 1 for monks solo with hundreds of hours of farming, while a DH or Wizard can simply walk in and invuln/kite their way to the boss and down the act in a few hours. But I'm not complaining about solo Inferno. I know it's POSSIBLE (at least until Act 3) for a monk to do it. I'm complaining about group play.

Monks and Barbs are dead weight. Why bring 2 melee/tanks when you can bring 4 Wizard/DH who can literally sit there and down elite packs without a care in the world? I've learned my place in Inferno group play: help clear to elite pack, disconnect from game, reconnect when Elite pack has around 100k hp. That is my only purpose. To connect, put on Magic find, and reap the rewards of my broken friends.

The game is improperly balanced. I played WoW for almost 6 years (2004-2010, when it was hard) and I enjoy slamming my **** into a brick wall for hours or days on end trying to accomplish something I know can be done. But at the moment I feel as if I am better off simply rerolling or sitting on the sidelines cheering my friends on.

Anyways, feel free to chime in. I'm eagerly awaiting 10+ posts immediately from people still in Hell or Act 1 Inferno telling me to learn to play. This post was just a rant which was inspired by the countless uneducated opinions which have plagued the Inferno difficulty threads on this board.

Oh, stats.
HP: 65000
Resistances: 700 (its around 70% mitigation, goes up to 75% with barb)
Armor: 6500 in combat (68%, around 74% with barb)
Dodge: 52% in combat
Reply Quote
I don't understand what you're talking about. I soloed normal easy. Can't wait for nightmare and on! ; D
Reply Quote
It sounds like you are just bad at the game.
Reply Quote
Honestly I'm not having TOO much difficulty in Inferno. Is it difficult? Yes. Is it impossible? Not really. Granted there are some blue combinations that really, really, and I do mean really, piss me off. But my current build and gear are working okay for me, though my gear is just a little bit under what I'd like it to be so I'll probably patrol the Auction House or farm Act 1 a bit.
Edited by RisE#1422 on 5/22/2012 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Been out for a week. Farm more gear. If your monk is broken, switch to an easy race or continue playing; if Blizzard agrees with you that the monk is broken, wait for subsequent monk buff.

Sounds like you just need to do some Azmodan runs with your new DH.
Edited by Strolln#1287 on 5/22/2012 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/22/2012 02:32 PMPosted by JDa
It sounds like you are just bad at the game.
Reply Quote
Post is about group play, not solo. As I said, solo is 100x less difficult than 4manning, and Act 1 is a joke compared to Act 2, and Act 2 is a joke compared to Act 3 etc.

The problem that comes from the scaling of the game is Diminishing Returns on Resistances/Armor/Dodge vs the scaling of both Damage and HP of Elite packs. Adding another 150 Resistances adds only around 4-5% mitigation (same with 1000 armor), while mobs are doing 25%+ more damage per act, slowly eliminates any ability to tank. Once people begin to understand/see this aspect of the game perhaps they will adopt my viewpoint.

Also, bosses are relatively easy. We can beat the game by skipping everything and only fighting bosses (Azmodan, Izual, Diablo etc) since they are much more skill based than Elite/Champion packs, which is what I am complaining about. I have no desire to simply skip over everything to simply beat the game.

My biggest gripe with the game comes from people like Method who skip everything difficult about Inferno and down Diablo without a care in the world. If elites/champions had to die prior to bosses, I would be much more inclined to continue trying. But there is an easy road to take, one that is much less gratifying. (Sidenote: Not dogging on Method for what they did. They realized the exact issue which many of us are seeing and simply did the most efficient way to finish the game)
Reply Quote
My problem is not with the difficulty of Inferno, it is with the exploiting of game mechanics on the DH/Wizard. Honestly as frustrating as it is, I don't think that Inferno should be beatable yet anyways. It should takes weeks of farming to be able to properly beat an act in Inferno IMO.
Reply Quote
Well yes, solo is definitely easier than 4 manning it. It is impossible to tank with a 4 man group, and if it is possible it's not very easily done. The problem with this being that while there is more DPS to down mobs, the mobs get stronger per person but you don't gain any extra mitigation. The only way to make tanking viable in a 4 man inferno group would be to also increase mitigation per person that joins, or reduce the effects of diminishing returns. I haven't gotten a build or method for tanking 4 man inferno, but for solo it's possible. 4 man does remain a kite fest though.
Reply Quote
I agree with Dmillz, the Wizards actually going for less HP is just retarded. They shouldn't be able to run around Inferno with 4k HP and not be getting owned.

It's just impossible to be melee range, trying to tank all that physical and elemental dmg, while still having to stack DPS to actually be able to kill anything. It's like pointless to try and tank anything at melee range, because you'll be so screwed on dmg that you'll never kill anything.
Edited by SK3PT3K#1901 on 5/22/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Brawlsack
Why is it annoying? Because for every troll post, there are most likely 2 of you being serious. Inferno is barely passable past Act 1 for monks solo with hundreds of hours of farming, while a DH or Wizard can simply walk in and invuln/kite their way to the boss and down the act in a few hours. But I'm not complaining about solo Inferno. I know it's POSSIBLE (at least until Act 3) for a monk to do it. I'm complaining about group play.

Lol, hundreds of hours of farming? The game has been out for not even 8 days.... thats not even 200 hours of game play that you could have put in. You have at least spent 80-100 hours of that getting to where you are...and to say you farmed for "hundreds of hours" is so wrong. No, i'm not in inferno but lets at least post real facts.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 03:04 PMPosted by SiLvErBuLLeT
and to say you farmed for "hundreds of hours" is so wrong.

Didn't say that I had. Was an exaggeration to hopefully beat it into your head (and similar minded people)

Also, I'm at about 80-90 hours played, and I'd say more than half of that is farming (and people whom have beaten Inferno have much more than me. I have seen people on streams farming for 15+ hours a day since Thursday as well. The 100 hour remark, while exaggerated, isn't far off for some people).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I just recently hit 60, and had brickwalled at Act 3 HL. My gear probably needed quite a few upgrades, but now that I'm there, HL is going much easier for me. I've only heard awful stories about IF, and can't wait to bash my head against it for the next few days.

I've already started rerolling DH. Just the amount of stupidity it is to be melee in this game is almost too much.
Reply Quote

just recently hit 60, and had brickwalled at Act 3 HL. My gear probably needed quite a few upgrades, but now that I'm there, HL is going much easier for me. I've only heard awful stories about IF, and can't wait to bash my head against it for the next few days.

I've already started rerolling DH. Just the amount of stupidity it is to be melee in this game is almost too much.

Trust me you'll have a blast with Inferno.....

I've already rerolled Wizard, melee class is broken on Inferno.
Reply Quote
Melee classes will forever be extremely gear dependent. Farm farm farm. Or farm the real world and take full advantage of the RMAH when it goes live.
Reply Quote
monks are useless in inferno
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Mog
Melee classes will forever be extremely gear dependent.

05/22/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Brawlsack
The problem that comes from the scaling of the game is Diminishing Returns on Resistances/Armor/Dodge vs the scaling of both Damage and HP of Elite packs. Adding another 150 Resistances adds only around 4-5% mitigation (same with 1000 armor), while mobs are doing 25%+ more damage per act, slowly eliminates any ability to tank.

Due to mechanics Blizzard put in the game, farming slowly becomes pointless. You farm for 10+ hours to finally get one upgrade, which may boost your HP by 1k and your resistances by .5%. In order to survive, you need 15% more mitigation and 20k HP. But with DR, it's impossible to reach those numbers. Diminishing Returns neuters gear upgrades.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]