Diablo® III

Please stop talking unless you're in Inferno.

(Locked)

I'm in Inferno Act 2 and it's quite rough and there's plenty to cry about but I don't spend too much time here doing so. I'm still pushing as far as I can, spending 20 minutes to kill 1 champion, or moving on if I can't. But something that annoys me are the people on these forums talking about how 'not bad' the monk is and going on about how good they're doing in NM/Hell.

NM was a joke. I might have died once. I died maybe 10 times total in hell. They were both easy. Nothing can prepare you for inferno other than inferno. Until you've gotten 2 shot by a champion that you would have wrecked in hell difficulty, please don't talk like you know what you're talking about.

Stuff like "Im in Act 2 of hell and IDK what the big problem is." gets annoying fast.

On a scale of 1-10 the difficulty in Normal is 1, NM is 2, Hell is 4, maybe, and Inferno turns it up to 11. It's easily more than double as difficult as hell, so again, until you're in inferno, stop talking.

Now, those of use that are in Inferno, who wants to do an all monk run tomorrow? :D
I agree 100% so many idiots on here. Unless there is a serious change im going to stop helping out by replying to threads and providing feedback for up and coming Monks.

There are to many complainers and whingers on these forums, and a whole lot of idiots asking the same questions over and over and over
I'm pretty tired of my monk, tanking was not want I wanted to do and was not refelected by the class description. consindering now to reroll wizz :/
I'm in Act 2 Inferno myself but you have to consider that not everyone has progressed this far yet. A lot of people play this game very casually and are just having a good time with their monks in the lower diffcult levels.

Don't spoil their fun or ridicule them because they're not as far as you are.

I'm sure Blizzard will look into the problems melee classes currently face soloing Inferno and that they will address them eventually. The game's been out a week and balancing it will take some time.

I can be frustrating seeing your 4K HP Wizard buddy just stomp through Inferno but I rather have hard time clearing the content than just clearing it in a couple of days. Every champion or elite group I kill, feels like an accomplishment.
Edited by MRiGnS#2153 on 5/22/2012 8:31 PM PDT
IMO you need better gear to play act 2 onward.take a look at the auctionhouse and you may know the difference.without top tier gear dream on of having fun in inferno
90 Worgen Warrior
All hail Hotsauce!

Supreme dictator of peoples right to speak on the Diablo forums!
I'm in Act 2 Inferno myself but you have to consider that not everyone has progressed this far yet. A lot of people play this game very casually and are just having a good time with their monks in the lower diffcult levels.

Don't spoil their fun or ridicule them because they're not as far as you are.

I'm sure Blizzard will look into the problems melee classes currently face soloing Inferno and that they will address them eventually. The game's been out a week and balancing it will take some time.

I can be frustrating seeing your 4K HP Wizard buddy just stomp through Inferno but I rather have hard time clearing the content than just clearing it in a couple of days. Every champion or elite group I kill, feels like an accomplishment.

He may have worded it poorly but there is truth in his post - I see a lot of posts with people talking !@#$ without even being up to inferno act 2. The problem with monks is that it seems "unfair" because there are other classes that have been further and the DPS is considerably lower than DH's who also have DEX as the primary attribute. People are saying %^-* like 'oh well monks are tanks so you shouldn't have high DPS and therefore its going to take longer cos you need better gear blah blah' but the thing is, there is more to it than that. With other classes being able to get further on inferno means that they can farm better gear which will mean they will dominate the auction house allowing them to get even more gold and then even better gear. This separates the gap between the classes who can't finish it inferno and the ones who can even further. Most casual players won't even know or think about this.
90 Worgen Warrior
All hail Hotsauce!

Supreme dictator of peoples right to speak on the Diablo forums!

I have no problem with people speaking their mind... but if someone wants to talk about endgame viability of a class... they should at least be endgame themselves.

I guess it would be better if there was a dedicated "Inferno" class section in the forums. Also its really hard to tell who has gone into inferno and who hasn't (unless im missing something). It'd be great if(when?) Blizz allows char profiles/achieves in the forums.

Maybe have an [inferno] tag?? I dunno.
Please stop talking unless you're in Act 3 Inferno

fixed.

oh that includes...you
100 Draenei Paladin
05/22/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Lens
IMO you need better gear to play act 2 onward.take a look at the auctionhouse and you may know the difference.without top tier gear dream on of having fun in inferno
I lol'd
hotsauce add me up act 1 ferno monk spence#1803 add me if your down
ITT: Elitist spouts off about casuals and dictates who can talk when.

Now I feel like I'm on the forums for a blizzard game again.
ITT: Elitist spouts off about casuals and dictates who can talk when.

Now I feel like I'm on the forums for a blizzard game again.

This
05/22/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Grandmarnier
Please stop talking unless you're in Act 3 Inferno

fixed.

oh that includes...you

can I talk if I killed Diablo then?
Edited by Freyi#1707 on 5/22/2012 9:39 PM PDT
My favorite part of this thread is that I've been wanting to make one like this for a while now. It gets really old seeing it in every single thread about inferno difficulty
I'm sorry you reached inferno before the server crashed.

Speak my fellow casual players!!!
Please stop talking like Inferno is the definitive mode.
I don't generally post on forums as I have little to no tolerance for so-called 'discussion' fanatics and trolls. There are things, obviously, that cannot be subject to debate and discussion. It's useless to argue why the sun shines if people generally agree that it does. Perception on the other hand determines how much of a sun-burnt neck (if you know what I mean) you have or think you don't have. Sun still shine tho.

Such is the case for the monk class. Folks there is no denying this class is messed up. Stop insulting our intelligence with your flawed perception of how things are if the closest you've been to experiencing monk in Inferno is the 4 seconds(tops) he can stay alive without kiting an elite group while in party with you and you were going like 'omfg this class too stronk he can stay alive 2 seconds moar than me'.

Problem isn't ranged classes are stronger, that's just a logical conclusion. Problem is that monk does not scale at all in Inferno when it comes to ELITE packs! First time I noticed this was while doing the Heart of Sin quest in Hell, where elite packs were incredibly strong. On monk I kite more than I do on DH (Inferno Act 3 solo) eventho his damage mitigation is overall at least 2 times higher.

I don't know, I've tried everything, really. Played Monk through all builds I found viable, only one stands out that prevents me from getting 2 shotted, and I have to make best friends with Breath+Serenity+Crippling wave. At this point I can't imagine how outstandingly strong gear I should have to even notice a difference in survivability when it comes to elite packs.
Edited by Suiztight#2562 on 5/23/2012 12:48 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]