Diablo® III

D2 uniques were rarer

I am constantly seeing people complaining about legendaries. Now don't get me wrong, these complaints aren't all unjustified. But one I keep seeing is. And that is people who compare the drop rate of legendaries in D3 to uniques in D2.

In D2, there was lots of unique items. At least triple what there are in D3. It was very common to pop a boss and see several uniques drop—but only when running a magic find geared character with several hundred percent +MF! And most of those uniques you saw popping out were the crap ones.

The top end hell difficulty uniques in D2 hardly ever dropped, even for characters with tons of MF. The droprate for level 60 legendaries in D3 seems far better than the drop rate for the rarest uniques from D2 (tyrael's armor, azurewrath, etc.) and that's if the D2 char had hundreds of MF.

TL;DR: Stop comparing D3 characters to your old D2 MF characters!
Reply Quote
Death fathom, tyraels, and other lvl 90+ items had a 1/38000 chance of dropping using a 200% mf character off of only a few enemys in the game (baal/pindle/pits).

Only reason these items were found in great quanties was because of bots, and even then very few perf ones were ever found.
Edited by Grimm#1849 on 5/23/2012 4:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The game was also out for 12 years, but fact of the matter then 80 hours into the game, i never seen a legendary drop not even crappy one, so ya they are rare...
Reply Quote
sad to say, but the legendaries themselves aren't very memorable...
Reply Quote
and by memorable, i mean that there isn't a single legendary i've seen, after trolling the AH for them, that i've said to myself, "oh hey i'm going to center my build around that item"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/23/2012 06:52 AMPosted by Deathfairy
The game was also out for 12 years, but fact of the matter then 80 hours into the game, i never seen a legendary drop not even crappy one, so ya they are rare...
You are just unlucky.

45 hours. 2 legendaries. Using one, sold the other. Not trying to brag, but, random chance is random. Just because you personally didn't get any drops doesn't mean the rest of us haven't.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Weazel
You are just unlucky.

45 hours. 2 legendaries. Using one, sold the other. Not trying to brag, but, random chance is random. Just because you personally didn't get any drops doesn't mean the rest of us haven't.

do you want a cookie?
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 06:57 AMPosted by JohnGalt
sad to say, but the legendaries themselves aren't very memorable...

The top Legendary sword looks rather tasty.. On the other hand you can get a rare with more damage...
Also I have gotten one Legendary on normal in act 4.. some bracers I am still using.. I had about 40% mf.

**edit**
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 5/23/2012 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]