Diablo® III

Why nobody likes Firebomb... and my Zombies?

Im only level 32 so far, and im about to finish Normal mode tonight... But so far i've used this build : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hfZdXT!bYV!ZaZZZZ

So far its awesome for me. I jump right into pack of mobs, activate my harvest (i got healed!!!), use horrify... nobody attacks me... i then have all the time to shoot the bombs... if anyone comes back close to me, my Zombies one shot em before they got to me!!!! Usually in matter of 5 seconds whole bunch of mobs are dead... A Blast!!! 24 mobs killed with one shot is my record ... and 42 is the most in a single fight so far...

I know i am in Normal mode... I expect things will change in Nighmare. But anyone have tried something like this that can tell me why this cant work. Coz most of the builds i see are using the Darts for primary and none are using my beloving Zombies!!!

It's so fun this way that i havent talked about the Templar and my Giant... they are so cool and they tank so well for me....
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
05/23/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Shifthappens
Im only level 32 so far

stopped reading.

Because Inferno is the only mode worth talking about, amirite?

Anyway, people don't use Zombie Charger so much because there are just better options. It does nice damage, but has a shorter range, higher mana cost, and less damage than Dire Bat, it's basically inferior in everyway.

Also, if you're going for an AoE build, Locust Swarm works REALLY well. Cast it as you're running to/away from mobs when you use Soul Harvest, and watch as your DoT spreads to every enemy after a single cast. Then watch their health slowly drain while you laugh at them. I'm in Act II NM, and I still use Firebomb since the AoE damage is nice and it's slightly more mobile than Poison Darts.
Reply Quote
I still using firebomb with flash fire as a cheap filler against most packs. It's a nice "fire and forget" option. I'm not of the opinion that one build does it for everything. I'm often changing my build to meet conditions. For example I don't use firebomb on no-add boss encounters (eg The Butcher).

I'm sure there are tons of players who will disagree with but honestly, why let people on the forum say what's right for you? Let the skulls fly if you're more comfortable playing that way.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Stubby
I still using firebomb with flash fire as a cheap filler against most packs. It's a nice "fire and forget" option. I'm not of the opinion that one build does it for everything. I'm often changing my build to meet conditions. For example I don't use firebomb on no-add boss encounters (eg The Butcher).

Agreed, I still use firebomb and I'm 48. I think it's actually nice to see all the different builds on the forum:D I never use horrify because it does exactly what i don't want, split up my pack of enemies XD
Wait until you get your last 2 runes for zombie, they're awesome ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]