Diablo® III

STOP. ASKING. PEOPLE. FOR. BUILDS.

This is why none of you can progress.

You're too worried about what better players are using to clear content. Each skill you have should be used in its own way. Skills are there to compliment your gearing deficiencies.

I have low HP, so I use an Ally to tank and distract for me. I have very high dps, so I use sweeping wind so my damage can keep going while I kit some.

Low survivability, so I use dodge mantra with hard target, with resolve and concussion.

Build around yourself; not others.

Also, it's really irking me to see you guys constantly asking what runes people are using. 4/5 times, you should KNOW what they're using, just by watching. Hmm, lightining coming out of auto attacks... Three healing mantra buffs on bar...

tl;dr: The main problem with the class is that nobody understands how to play it. Learn the game a bit, instead of always relying on others to beat !@#$ for you.

/anger
Reply Quote
I like your line of thought, but there's no need to be angry about it.
Reply Quote
Darzinth
I like your line of thought, but there's no need to be angry about it.

Maybe you should take a look at the monk forum. And the General forum. And reddit. And your neighbor's house.
Reply Quote
It' true. The funny thing is that there really is no "ultimate build" I am constantly changing my build depending on the boss/champs I run into and what act I am in.
Reply Quote
This is good advice. Aggressive, but good.

Often I need to change my build around when going up in difficulty (from one act to the next). A lot depends on your gear as well, like how fast you are attacking and how much survival you have.
Reply Quote
jay wilson:
- this is not like wow where you man/min roles
Reply Quote
Well, even with NPC gears when I was playing normal(YES, NORMAL MODE), I have to adapt to certain stuff, was rolling DH that time by the way.

I can't kill Belial 'coz i have 800 HP at that part and didn't even want to move or dodge any of his attack, I got through that and went and go up to Diablo, still with low HP, about 1.5k at that time..

Then I can't do sh!t with diablo :) LOL. So I went out and buy stuff out the AH for the first time and stacked Vit. Stood there without any problem.

Long story short, I know people will bash me with the normal mode stuff, but lesson would be, learn to adapt.

It was stupid of me to just stand and take all Belial's attacks and to be hard headed in using AH which was a legit part of the game.
Reply Quote
People come from wow and think there is a top build that suits everything, and that's where the diablo differs from wow: every situation requires a specific gameplay. There's no rotation. There's no unique gameplay. There's no 'win all acts don't die lol build'.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
People wanting to talk about monks in the monk section of the forum???

Well I'd never!!

OP confirmed for mad.
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Death Knight
I think the OP needs to go outside. Clearly the lack of sunlight is making them cranky.
Reply Quote
I think the OP needs to go outside. Clearly the lack of sunlight is making them cranky.

Can't disagree. Might be sleep deprivation, too. Oh, well. Act 3.
Reply Quote
People wanting to talk about monks in the monk section of the forum???

Well I'd never!!

OP confirmed for mad.

I am mad. Because since WoW's inception, people have been studying online RPG / MMO top level gameplay, and still, almost a decade later, people are as thick as castle walls.

LEARN SOMETHING.
Reply Quote
If someone has invested 150 hours of their life into something in the last week, chances are they know something that you, who's invested maybe a third of that, don't.

$TFU kid. The forums are for advice. If you don't want to read people's requests for builds GTFO!
Edited by Peli#1747 on 5/24/2012 5:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm currently half way through act 3, and I have logged a lot of time in game. Your basic use of ad hominem shows me that you're more than likely participating in the begging for builds.

Maybe you should read WHY, instead of the title. Stay free.
Reply Quote
God forbit people ask around and help eachother, Lets all be ego and never talk to echother or share experiences that work.
Reply Quote
Sharing EXP is fine. Fine asking someone their build is only telling you the moves they used.

Try asking WHY they're using something, instead of WHAT.
Reply Quote
This is why none of you can progress.

You're too worried about what better players are using to clear content. Each skill you have should be used in its own way. Skills are there to compliment your gearing deficiencies.

I have low HP, so I use an Ally to tank and distract for me. I have very high dps, so I use sweeping wind so my damage can keep going while I kit some.

Low survivability, so I use dodge mantra with hard target, with resolve and concussion.

Build around yourself; not others.

Also, it's really irking me to see you guys constantly asking what runes people are using. 4/5 times, you should KNOW what they're using, just by watching. Hmm, lightining coming out of auto attacks... Three healing mantra buffs on bar...

tl;dr: The main problem with the class is that nobody understands how to play it. Learn the game a bit, instead of always relying on others to beat !@#$ for you.

/anger

Some people simply have trouble figuring out the right combinations of skills, what they should be using in certain situations, etc.

You're right, learning the playstyle, developing your own playstyle, etc is very important but that comes later - when you play games such as HoN, DotA or LoL you learn a hero first using cookie cutter builds then eventually you begin to develop your own playstyle, item builds, skill builds to complement how you want to play. Its the same thing here.

I see no problem with sharing skill builds, gear choices, etc with someone as long as they're not crying and complaining that Monk is underpowered. If it helps them get better as a player then it is a good thing.
Reply Quote
Generally, the people crying about underpowered are the same people asking for builds.

Ask for the right questions, not the answers you won't understand.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]